Everton

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Everton

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Feb 2022, 19:33

Positive Passion wrote:So Lampard on a 2 and a half year contract. I’m not sure that’s great, but the options are so thin.

Of the supposed candidates, he's the best option. Whether that's going to be nough, I'm not entirely sure.

I wanted us to get Graham Potter pre season - I still think we hould have asked the question.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 04 Feb 2022, 11:14

You could have had Brucey!

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Feb 2022, 20:08

Positive Passion wrote:You could have had Brucey!

Forsyth?
Cocaine

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 20 Mar 2022, 20:28

Well beaten by Palace today, but very lazy defending for the last two goals as they just stand around after the initial shots are taken - no thought that there might be a rebound.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Mar 2022, 06:36

Interesting how much Everton are struggling still under Lampard. Obviously a very difficult job for whatever reason(s). Recent permanent managers...

1. Martinez - Manages the country ranked No 1 in the world.
2. Ancelotti - about to win La Ligue.
3. Silva - about to win the Championship by a distance.
4. Benitez - not everyone’s cuppa but clearly a manager of very high achievements.
5. Allardyce - well, umm, yes, but he is still a very capable manager!

All sacked.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Mar 2022, 09:22

Lord Rother wrote:Interesting how much Everton are struggling still under Lampard. Obviously a very difficult job for whatever reason(s). Recent permanent managers...

1. Martinez - Manages the country ranked No 1 in the world.
2. Ancelotti - about to win La Ligue.
3. Silva - about to win the Championship by a distance.
4. Benitez - not everyone’s cuppa but clearly a manager of very high achievements.
5. Allardyce - well, umm, yes, but he is still a very capable manager!

All sacked.

I don't think Ancelotti was sacked, but fair point.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Mar 2022, 09:53

I wrote this elsewhere on March 8th :

A considered (long) rant.... Frank and commentators are right to point out our dreadful away form this season. However.... last season we couldn't strike a light at home. So - solving one or the other won't make everything alright. Basically the same players have shown an inability to perform *everywhere* the past two seasons.
The defence is dreadful. Truly cringe worthy. We used to concede at every set piece. Now we seem to concede from every piece of open play as well. So, again, it's not a 'one stop shop' to make things right. We're historically bad defensively in every phase. I look at Pickford and I know - despite the odd blooper like last night- he's a top class keeper. So he isn't the issue. It's the back four. Because..
I look at the midfield - Doucoure & Allan. They are good/very good players. Not stellar talents, but better than serviceable. I think Van De Beek looks like a very good acquisition. Gordon is a bit raw but shows enough to suggest he's going to be good enough. And, to be fair, they look balanced. I've never hidden my disbelief at the money we paid for Iwobi and nothing I've seen since has suggested I'm wrong. Terrible player. Delph needs to go - don't care how good he is or not, he's never fit. Davies is average. A squad player at best. Gomes shows flashes but simply isn't the player he was before the injury. So onto Dele Alli. What was the point of signing him if you're simply not going to play him? He looks, to me, to be the ideal candidate to play in behind a lone striker - bolstering the midfield, which needs all the help it can get. Yet he sits on the bench game after game. If he can't get in the team now... he never will. So why did we go and take him off Spurs? Something isn't right there.
Up front - I really like Richarlison. Definitely one of our bright lights. DCL looked like an unfit player last night but, hopefully, can stay injury free and contribute for the rest of the season. If Gray & Townsend were fit and could start, that might help. Rondon and Tosun - really? Ghazi was Benitez's last laugh at the club's expense.
I sat in a bar with Theodoros Kasparidis at the start of December, and we both said (with some conviction) that we absolutely had every chance of going down this season. We both felt that "too good to go down" stuff was complete nonsense - and it, painfully clearly, is. Our next two home games are Wolves and Newcastle - if we don't take at least three poins from those games, I believe we'll be relegated. And even if we took six - that might not be enough to keep us up.
But.... the big issue here is the complete and wanton mismanagemnt of the club at board level the past 9 years (since Moyes departed). New manager seemingly every season, absolutely horrendous player contracts (where they're paid way too much for too long and we can't ever shift them off the books), no coherent long term strategy for how we want to look *on the pitch*...infighting and disagreements.... a complete shambles. Even Newcastle (under Ashley) had a plan - to not spend any money at all. They were better at that than we were and, hey, look where we are now. We've spent a fortune on a piss poor squad and a new manager who has been given absolutely no chance to succeed, due to the appalling mismanagement of his time of arrival.
That new ground in 2025 isn't going to look so healthy for Moshiri, is it? Dark times ahead.
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 07 Apr 2022, 05:41

Things really aren't looking good for Everton right now and relegation is a very, very real possibility. As a Liverpool fan I take no joy in that at all and genuinely hope they stay up. If they can beat a rather clueless looking Utd at the weekend that would give me great pleasure.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 08 Apr 2022, 13:47

As a Utd fan, I, too, would take no pleasure in Everton getting relegated. Against us? Everybody has a chance, but, if we click, it could be a long afternoon. I was amazed that Lampard was given the managers job ...... don't rate him at all. First you had the Spanish waiter, now you've got Tory Rat Boy.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Apr 2022, 14:16

I honestly don't think Lampard deserves criticism. The rot set in a long, long way before he arrived.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Apr 2022, 09:39

trans-chigley express wrote:Things really aren't looking good for Everton right now and relegation is a very, very real possibility. As a Liverpool fan I take no joy in that at all and genuinely hope they stay up. If they can beat a rather clueless looking Utd at the weekend that would give me great pleasure.

Happy to oblige Ray! :)
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 12 Apr 2022, 00:07

Diamond Dog wrote: If they can beat a rather clueless looking Utd at the weekend that would give me great pleasure.

Rather clueless? Stop praising us and just say we're f****** garbage

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Apr 2022, 13:40

slightbreeze wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote: If they can beat a rather clueless looking Utd at the weekend that would give me great pleasure.

I think you'll find - if you look really closely- that I didn't say that. :D
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 12 Apr 2022, 15:01

Diamond Dog wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:

7 days time ..... order your humble pie :evil: and then I woke up :?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Apr 2022, 14:00

slightbreeze wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:

7 days time ..... order your humble pie :evil: and then I woke up :?

For clarity :

trans-chigley express wrote:Things really aren't looking good for Everton right now and relegation is a very, very real possibility. As a Liverpool fan I take no joy in that at all and genuinely hope they stay up. If they can beat a rather clueless looking Utd at the weekend that would give me great pleasure.
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Apr 2022, 15:58

Well, we're sat here urging Everton on if only because Burnley CAN'T fucking stay up!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 25 Apr 2022, 05:30

slightbreeze wrote:

It was me that described them as clueless based on the fact they play like 11 players that have never played with each other before and have no clue about their tactics if any. f****** garbage would be a less polite term I agree :lol:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 May 2022, 14:34

Jordan Pickford though! Eh? Eh?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 May 2022, 14:17

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Jordan Pickford though! Eh? Eh?

Diamond Dog wrote:I wrote this elsewhere on March 8th :

I look at Pickford and I know - despite the odd blooper like last night- he's a top class keeper. So he isn't the issue.

But...even so... that first save on Sunday is, for me the greatest since Gordon Banks' in 1970. Words fail me - beyond brilliant.
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 May 2022, 15:45

I see Everton are doing their part in Kid P’s recovery!

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Sporting Life”