LL/PSL: Blind Faith/Trower - Did What We Liked

Do talk back
Spock!

Re: LL/PSL: Blind Faith/Trower - Did What We Liked

Postby Spock! » 08 Jan 2022, 16:52

C wrote:

"Oh! Great Gran, is it true that your bff saw Ginger's Airforce at the Royal Albert Hall? Would we be worthy enough to maybe interview him? Did he really have to fight a t. rex to get there?"
Last edited by Spock! on 08 Jan 2022, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 08 Jan 2022, 16:53

Great to have it confirmed your OK Kath, hope you can make it next week.

C
Robust

Postby C » 09 Jan 2022, 11:51

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:

"Oh! Great Gran, is it true that your bff saw Ginger's Airforce at the Royal Albert Hall? Would we be worthy enough to maybe interview him? Did he really have to fight a t. rex to get there?"

:lol:

I had the storyteller down as a grandad...!

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Re: PSL: Friday 7th January - Robin Trower @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 09 Jan 2022, 13:00

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:Hopefully kath and Chris are okay.

I am sure they are

Chris probably helping out a theatrical production in a pub or delayed on a bus journey returning home after viewing an artistic exhibition.

Kath most likely snowed under by house guests.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost right in my case.

Johnny Slider scored last minute tickets to see a revival of the play Habeas Corpus by Alan Bennett at the Menier Chocolate Factory, so we went along Friday night. The original featured Alec Guinness and it was last staged by Sam Mendes over a quarter century ago.

This production has drawn heavy fire from those sensitive to having their woke standards offended. One critic said it was like 'Harold Pinter scripted Confessions Of A Window Cleaner', but I could not imagine that, and this revival is not like that anyway.

https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/reviews ... te-factory

It combines bedroom farce with tart comment on body image, the role of the church, ageing, death, disease, and medical pomposity (the male lead is a doctor, his rival for his wife is the head of the British Medical Association). John and I laughed out loud at the end-of-the-pier dated 'naughty' stuff like the arrival of an inspector to make sure a set of bust enhancers are fitted properly, while the rest of the audience tittered at the references to Greek drama and Bennett's trademark gentle ribbing of British male hypocrisy.

A top night out. Sorry to miss the listen.

"I am SO sorry Sir - but what I actually said was "you need to find your waitress for DOOBS" '
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 09 Jan 2022, 13:15

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:

Reminds me of this for some reason, from Modern Toss:

"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Return to “Yakety Yak”