MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 15 Dec 2021, 17:20

Positive Passion wrote:
Six String wrote:It was so cold I wore my dad’s Air Force dress wool coat to the cidery. When I got home my phone wouldn’t open with my finger print until my finger warmed up. It was in the 40s (F). :roll:

You call that cold? Just late summer temperatures.

You did see the eye roll after my statement, no?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 16 Dec 2021, 12:55

Six String wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:
Six String wrote:It was so cold I wore my dad’s Air Force dress wool coat to the cidery. When I got home my phone wouldn’t open with my finger print until my finger warmed up. It was in the 40s (F). :roll:

Yes I did - but, obviously wrongly, I didn't take it as implying irony!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 16 Dec 2021, 17:14

I am in the office today. It's been over a month since the last time. It'll probably be a lot longer than that before I come back. We're headed for more stringent restrictions again. Oh well.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Dec 2021, 17:40

Positive Passion wrote:
Six String wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Yes I did - but, obviously wrongly, I didn't take it as implying irony!

A pesky American displaying irony….who knew? :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Dec 2021, 17:44

Our rain total for the season so far is more than we got all of last year. :shock: We had a major storm in October, another last week and a moderate one over the last few days. We’re far from being back to normal as our reservoirs need to be replenished but so far so good.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 16 Dec 2021, 17:59

Today’s low is 72F. Texas isn’t as cold as a lot of places, but that’s nuts.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Dec 2021, 19:04

der Freiherr wrote:Today’s low is 72F. Texas isn’t as cold as a lot of places, but that’s nuts.

The low is 72? :shock: That is nuts.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 Dec 2021, 00:41

We had 15C in Montreal as a high today. 15C!!!!! It's mid-December. It should be about 0C. That's low 60s instead of the normal low 30s in Fs. Crazy indeed.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 18 Dec 2021, 13:04

So we have taken our pre-departure COVID tests and will be off to OKC and Dallas tomorrow!!!

Hopefully we will be able to come back in 10 days.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Dec 2021, 14:07

Positive Passion wrote:So we have taken our pre-departure COVID tests and will be off to OKC and Dallas tomorrow!!!

If you're in Dallas on Christmas Day, we'll wave from my uncle's place in Southlake!
OKC may be a different story, but it's going to be fucking hot in Texas on Christmas day, alas.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 18 Dec 2021, 15:14

der Freiherr wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:So we have taken our pre-departure COVID tests and will be off to OKC and Dallas tomorrow!!!

If you're in Dallas on Christmas Day, we'll wave from my uncle's place in Southlake!
OKC may be a different story, but it's going to be fucking hot in Texas on Christmas day, alas.

We fly to OKC then drive to Dallas on the 23rd (we are going to watch Thunder lose on 22nd, Ithink). Then we fly back on 28th. So Christmas day in Dallas - well, Plano actually. I have packed some shorts.
I wondered about asking what you were going to be up to, but didn't think I could persuade anyone to drive me to Austin. Is Southlake nearby - in English terms, I mean!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Dec 2021, 16:20

It's just on the other side of DFW airport, so quite a distance in English terms!

We theoretically do Christmas evening there every third year and have thus far been foiled in our efforts to schedule our Yorkshire Christmases to coincide with the DFW Christmas years! My grandfather was a pastor, so that side of the family always had their Christmas celebration on Christmas evening, which was the amount of time it took for him (and his family) to get from his church in the Houston area back to the home place in San Antonio. When it's in the DFW area, we get there at the stroke of 4 and are headed back south at the crack of dawn. Needless to say, this travel on Christmas day is not something my wife comprehends.

C
Robust

Postby C » 20 Dec 2021, 15:56

Trying to get my head around this unprecedented move

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152575

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 21 Dec 2021, 02:23

Well I am in Oklahoma, and today we had 180 degrees of cloudless skies, a beautiful temperature and a gentle breeze. Gorgeous.
Tomorrow I am going to take little dude (now nearly 14 and getting less little) to the bombing memorial - I have written a song about that. And then on Wednesday night we are going to see the Thunder play.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 23 Dec 2021, 02:04

Thunder up 60 - 52 at the half.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 23 Dec 2021, 03:11

Positive Passion wrote:Thunder up 60 - 52 at the half.

I haven't been to a pro basketball game in years!
I wanted to start going to Spurs games again now that they suck and tickets are easier to come by, but haven't done it yet.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 23 Dec 2021, 03:20

der Freiherr wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:Thunder up 60 - 52 at the half.

I haven't been to a pro basketball game in years!
I wanted to start going to Spurs games again now that they suck and tickets are easier to come by, but haven't done it yet.

108 - 94 in the end, a good night, though the arena was only about one third full.

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Jan 2022, 05:42

Crab dinner last night at a friend’s house with a jam session afterwards. Today I went back in the afternoon for more jamming and pasta and salad dinner (leftovers from last night). I hit the wall at 8. I was spent but had a great time. Home now sipping a glass of Champagne we opened last night for a midnight toast after we got home. Tired but pleased. Tonight I led the group through a punkish version of Alejandro Escovedo’s Everybody Loves Me. It went over well.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 02 Jan 2022, 22:21

I just realized that it's getting tougher and tougher every time I clean my glasses. The older I get, the worse my vision gets, the more difficult it is to see what I'm doing properly, like cleaning my damned glasses!

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 04 Jan 2022, 18:25

I brought a crate full of English books (mostly fiction) to one of our better charity shops. The manager hand-picked out the books that looked unread / as new and were no older than five years. I could either take back the rest or pay a couple quid to finance their destruction.

No second chance then for a nice edition of Pullman's Dark Material trilogy or several Kinky Friedman novels, to mention just a few...

A very sobering experience, made me sad
Last edited by Neige on 06 Jan 2022, 15:17, edited 2 times in total.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Return to “Nextdoorland”