Long Promised Road soundtrack features unreleased Beach Boys tracks and new song by Brian Wilson

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Long Promised Road soundtrack features unreleased Beach Boys tracks and new song by Brian Wilson

Postby GoogaMooga » 24 Nov 2021, 11:43

I'll be getting both the Blu-ray and the soundtrack. This is the most exciting news since "Feel Flows":

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bri ... 04271.html
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

jimboo

Re: Long Promised Road soundtrack features unreleased Beach Boys tracks and new song by Brian Wilson

Postby jimboo » 24 Nov 2021, 13:36

The turds that never stop stinking.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: Long Promised Road soundtrack features unreleased Beach Boys tracks and new song by Brian Wilson

Postby GoogaMooga » 24 Nov 2021, 14:30

Don't go near the water.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 24 Nov 2021, 18:15

Jimboo is a well-known BB naysayer, so consider the source. ;)

I am a well-known fanatic, of course, but even I'm asking - just how many Brian movies do we need?

If anyone sees it and wants to convince me there's something to it besides the usual folks (though Taylor Hawkins apparently stands in for Grohl) talking about what a genius he is, I'm all ears (not deaf in one like Brian).
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 24 Nov 2021, 18:34

It's a lengthy interview conducted by a Rolling Stone writer whom Brian is comfortable with, and that has caused him to open up like never before, if we are to believe the rave reviews.

I like all the docs, but perhaps not so much the made for TV stuff like Summer Dreams (the "beard" movie) and An American Family, which oddly has never been released on any home format.

Return to “Yakety Yak”