Charlie O.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Sep 2021, 17:40

Congrats!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Sep 2021, 17:50

The Fish wrote:Last day at work tomorrow..................... EVER. Yep retirement day has arrived

Fantastic! Congratulations!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Sep 2021, 18:25

The Fish wrote:Last day at work tomorrow..................... EVER. Yep retirement day has arrived

Congratulations Paul. Time to turn up the fun knob. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 29 Sep 2021, 19:00

Good for you Fishie. I for one am envious to say the least.

Unrelated, but, at my end, I was supposed to go in to the office today. The return has started, very gradually and completely voluntarily. At the last minute, I decided to stay home after all and only go in tomorrow instead. Good thing because I've done about twice at much work from home than I would have done at the office. Really.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 29 Sep 2021, 19:07

Found out an old school mate died yesterday of a heart attack. We shared the same birthday. We lost touch years and years ago but still.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Sep 2021, 19:50

Oh EXCELLENT!
Enjoy!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Sep 2021, 19:52

I just made my hairdresser some crumpets- she had never had them. She was SO INTO IT. And then asked for Marmite on them too.
I mean, that’s pretty hardcore. Even I don’t routinely put Marmite on them.
A successful conversion!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 29 Sep 2021, 20:05

Minnie Cheddars wrote:I just made my hairdresser some crumpets- she had never had them. She was SO INTO IT. And then asked for Marmite on them too.
A successful conversion!

After Brexit, we will now have Texbrit if you don't watch it. :)
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Sep 2021, 21:29

Last night at the open mic I’ve been playing another musician who has played there most nights like me asked if me if I practiced with a metronome. He said he could picture me with one of the old style wooden versions. I said no, I’ve never used or owned one. Must be an innate skill. I am so pleased with my performances. Last night I forgot some lines of a song but filled in with a previous verse and then the verse came to me so I circled back around and sang it correctly and no one even noticed. :)

On Friday I pick up the keys to my own room at the cidery I am renting that will be my jam room and storage space for my drums, a few guitars and some records/cds and stereo system or as it’s known these days a man cave. I’ll have a permanently set up space to play music with my friends with a cider tasting room next door. Pretty cool, eh?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 29 Sep 2021, 21:35

Congratulations, I do envy you!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Sep 2021, 22:46

Six String wrote:Last night I forgot some lines of a song but filled in with a previous verse and then the verse came to me so I circled back around and sang it correctly and no one even noticed. :)

I wish that would happen with me. I always seem to start with the second verse, realize it's the second verse and think I'll just do the first verse second, but then I can't remember the first verse because in my head I'm already past it.

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Sep 2021, 05:19

Charlie O. wrote:
Six String wrote:Last night I forgot some lines of a song but filled in with a previous verse and then the verse came to me so I circled back around and sang it correctly and no one even noticed. :)

I wish that would happen with me. I always seem to start with the second verse, realize it's the second verse and think I'll just do the first verse second, but then I can't remember the first verse because in my head I'm already past it.

It was probably an amazing accident on my part. First time it happened but it gave me confidence that I can fuque up and recover with nary a notice.
That’s power.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Sep 2021, 13:41

souphound wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:I just made my hairdresser some crumpets- she had never had them. She was SO INTO IT. And then asked for Marmite on them too.
A successful conversion!

After Brexit, we will now have Texbrit if you don't watch it. :)

:lol:

Dr Markus wrote:

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 30 Sep 2021, 15:04

Congratulations!!!
The crazy music drives you insane

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 02 Oct 2021, 11:54

Congrats, Paul!!

2 years and 8 months to go at my end (and I might continue part-time for a while more to improve my meager pension). :roll:
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Oct 2021, 14:56

Like all other States yesterday, Texas had a Woman's March and I went with a friend and her teenage daughter- her daughter's first outing at this sort of thing. Although the marches were everywhere, for obvious reasons many eyes were fixed on Texas and there were news teams and reporters everywhere. The gathering was in front of the Capitol and there was a really, really great energy.
Despite the hammer blow of SB-8, the determination to fight from everyone there was thrilling. There were speakers of every age from 8 to 80 - one 12 year old girl, on stage with her classmates, had a rapturous response when asking if Greg Abbott would like his daughters to carry their rapist's child to term. She was extraordinary. And all her young classmates, trembling with anger. And the older ladies, community leaders for decades, some of them walking to the podium on frames very slowly, then taking off their glasses and a common theme during the day - "I can't believe I'm still having to protest this shit."

Lloyd Doggett, Wendy Davis, amazing community leaders and activists from all over Texas, the anger went on and on but more importantly, the call to organisation. Two OB GYN doctors provided harrowing testimony of their recent conversations with one woman, who had longed for a baby all her life but at ten weeks pregnant discovered a terminal genetic condition. In their office, they had to hold her and tell her that she would need to go to FUCKING OKLAHOMA, because Texas wants her to carry that baby to term. They wept on stage and assured everyone that they would go to jail if they had to but that everyone else had to do their parts, too. What a fucking world. Two lawyers dealing with fighting SB-8 also gave harrowing speeches- and one of them lent over and yelled to the (small, vocal Pro-life group outside the grounds) - "I'm going to carry on aiding and abetting women to get abortions. Come and fucking sue me, I dare you." The teenage girl I was with went wild, along with the thousands of others.

Unexpected guests- Kathy Valentine and Pussy Riot, who were quite the spectacle.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 03 Oct 2021, 16:35

Rebecca’s daughter and granddaughters went to our local protest and sent us a photo.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Oct 2021, 05:52

My buddy’s cider room put on a hatch chili festival with a chili roaster on sight with hatch chilis of course. Burgers with option of chilis which were the best I”d had in quite some time. Live salsa music from New Mexico that was OTT good. People dancing, having a good time. Glorious.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Oct 2021, 18:19

When checking in with my stepmum today, she told me that my Dad, who for the best part of 30 years has shunned all 'contemporary' music, blaming his offspring for turning him off music permanently, was upstairs listening to his decades old copy of Let it Bleed on a stereo he bought this week. The first record player he has owned in decades. This is as shocking as if a bear was to stop mauling a trout, and suddenly put on some ice skates and go to play ice hockey. That's the level of disbelief!

I'm absolutely delighted of course, but still....just shocking!

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 05 Oct 2021, 21:05

Minnie Cheddars wrote:When checking in with my stepmum today, she told me that my Dad, who for the best part of 30 years has shunned all 'contemporary' music, blaming his offspring for turning him off music permanently, was upstairs listening to his decades old copy of Let it Bleed on a stereo he bought this week. The first record player he has owned in decades. This is as shocking as if a bear was to stop mauling a trout, and suddenly put on some ice skates and go to play ice hockey. That's the level of disbelief!

I'm absolutely delighted of course, but still....just shocking!

:lol: :lol:

Cool.

Return to “Nextdoorland”