My one shot at Simon and Garfunkel live

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

My one shot at Simon and Garfunkel live

Postby GoogaMooga » 04 Jul 2021, 21:07

July 23, 2004: The last reunion of Simon and Garfunkel, world tour, Copenhagen national stadium, special guests Everly Brothers. An historic evening, I stood well up front, with a good view. When it was time to do "Sounds of Silence", a young lady standing right behind me decided to sing along. She knew ALL the words, and sang right the way through the song. A rather perverse twist on "surround sound", if you ask me! I asked her politely to stop, my mother did too, but no, she loved the sound of her own voice. And she didn't stop there. She knew more songs. Not the whole set list, but enough to annoy me. I don't get it. You pay good money to see a world class act, and turn it into a karaoke event. She must really have been in love with herself.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: My one shot at Simon and Garfunkel live

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Jul 2021, 22:05

GoogaMooga wrote:she loved the sound of her own voice.

Crikey. I wonder what that’s like!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Jul 2021, 05:31

Rebecca saw them at the Hollywood Bowl with the Lovin’ Spoonful opening in the 60s. 8-)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 05 Jul 2021, 07:29

Six String wrote:Rebecca saw them at the Hollywood Bowl with the Lovin’ Spoonful opening in the 60s. 8-)

Now that would have been perfect!
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Return to “Yakety Yak”