Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Former President Donald J. Trump

Postby souphound » 14 Feb 2021, 19:27

Diamond Dog wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Someone I vaguely “know” from a UK horse racing FB Group said Trump is the greatest man on the planet and everyone will learn to love him soon. I said I assumed this was satire or is he actually nuts - he replied with this...

“He has saved the World Soon everyone will LOVE HIM .The millions of kids saved from the Dumbs the Paedophiles/traitors he has arrested over 200'000 .Yes Lots bbeen Executed Including BORIS Bidens Dead he is aan Actor playing the part Obuma Clintons Bushes all the Royals all Executed ect ect they are all Gone All went to Gitmo Oprah is dead try llook ing at all the Lists Try catching Up .Stop watchin MSM reading Papers All Bullshite there is NO VIRUS never has been .Stop using Google .Use DuckDuckGo .Take the MASKS off you EYES”

Obviously mentally ill so I’ve backed off.

Didn't know Jimbo was into horse racing?

To give jimbo some credit, at least he can spell.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 14 Feb 2021, 19:48

Diamond Dog wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Someone I vaguely “know” from a UK horse racing FB Group said Trump is the greatest man on the planet and everyone will learn to love him soon. I said I assumed this was satire or is he actually nuts - he replied with this...

“He has saved the World Soon everyone will LOVE HIM .The millions of kids saved from the Dumbs the Paedophiles/traitors he has arrested over 200'000 .Yes Lots bbeen Executed Including BORIS Bidens Dead he is aan Actor playing the part Obuma Clintons Bushes all the Royals all Executed ect ect they are all Gone All went to Gitmo Oprah is dead try llook ing at all the Lists Try catching Up .Stop watchin MSM reading Papers All Bullshite there is NO VIRUS never has been .Stop using Google .Use DuckDuckGo .Take the MASKS off you EYES”

Didn't know Jimbo was into horse racing?

Take the mask off, you EYE! :x
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 14 Feb 2021, 19:53

well, you saw what happened on my facebook page.

a guy i've known since i was a teenager, who was entirely groovy for almost four decades, has gone full-blown trump/conspiracy freakazoa, trolling my wall and callin me stupid and gullible. they all use the same deranged, gaslit language, even the ones who can use language decently.

there is not a thing you can do with folk like that, except get as far away from their blitherings as ya can.

mind ya, there are a few who aren't that far gone. four friends of mine jumped onto my wall out of nowhere to troll when i posted about biden. i gave all of em an open door to actually, ya know, remember friendship. two took that door, two didn't. so be it. i see zero reason to indulge crazy, nasty and entirely self-serving crap.

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Feb 2021, 22:04

Now that the impeachment 2 is over I am ready to put the Tumor behind me. I will keep an eye on my rearview mirror in case he tries to re-enter politics but otherwise I am taking the low road approach. He lived in my head long enough. I won’t let him live there anymore. He is not welcome. It is sad that the R Senate chose the cowardly route but it wasn’t unexpected. What a bunch of self serving cunts. At least the Tumor is no longer in the WH. Good enough for me at this point.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

kath

Postby kath » 14 Feb 2021, 22:38

Six String wrote:Now that the impeachment 2 is over I am ready to put the Tumor behind me. I will keep an eye on my rearview mirror in case he tries to re-enter politics but otherwise I am taking the low road approach. He lived in my head long enough. I won’t let him live there anymore. He is not welcome. It is sad that the R Senate chose the cowardly route but it wasn’t unexpected. What a bunch of self serving cunts. At least the Tumor is no longer in the WH. Good enough for me at this point.

i'm with you. i post in these political threads much less now than i did before the election (and i did call the election, i did, mwhaha).

there is still that massive threat, what led to storming the capitol. but i think the truth is, what you hafta do is focus on local elections to come, and support the folk who are fighting actively to stop the republican attempts to crack down even worse on voter restriction laws.

they are a sick, corrupt, cheating minority.

i will say this, though. bill cassidy surprised THE hell out of me. and as a louisiana native, i'm the one who had TWO (2) chances to run david duke over in my car.

(my better angels prevailed, but he's just such rancid fucquemeat.)

anyway, we'll see how it goes. personally, i think trump will not escape all the state charges. cynics tell me i'm crazy. sure i am, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong about that, mwhaha.

my blood pressure went down instantly when the two runoff senate races in fucquin georgia went for the democrats.

meanwhile, i might need me some todd rundgren. why? answer: toddtoddtodd.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Feb 2021, 22:49

I find it fascinating and quite scary that so many people are primed and ready to be brainwashed into believing this stuff.

What created that dynamic in their brains? If “your” Wayne was a cool guy for 40 years what sparked his descent? Frustration at some failures in his own life creating a need to rebel against civilised norms and what other sane folks do and think? Something from childhood that stayed latent for decades until it was sparked into life? A desperate need to belong to something outrageous to give a purpose and back to younger days when anything seemed possible - only never to be fulfilled?

Is there a hidden common theme in their lives that madmen are able to tap into with their outrageous rhetoric?

Why do so many see Trump as a terrible person, and so many others see him as a saviour, with what appears to be only a small percentage sitting in the grey areas?

“My” Eddie just appears just to be uneducated and mad as a fruitcake which possibly makes him a prime target but that’s only scratching the surface I suspect.

Sorry, that’s a rambling going-nowhere train of thought which I’m tempted to delete without posting but hell, I’ve come this far with it so wtf.....

kath

Postby kath » 14 Feb 2021, 23:05

Lord Rother wrote:I find it fascinating and quite scary that so many people are primed and ready to be brainwashed into believing this stuff.

What created that dynamic in their brains? If “your” Wayne was a cool guy for 40 years what sparked his descent? Frustration at some failures in his own life creating a need to rebel against civilised norms and what other sane folks do and think? Something from childhood that stayed latent for decades until it was sparked into life? A desperate need to belong to something outrageous to give a purpose and back to younger days when anything seemed possible - only never to be fulfilled?

Is there a hidden common theme in their lives that madmen are able to tap into with their outrageous rhetoric?

Why do so many see Trump as a terrible person, and so many others see him as a saviour, with what appears to be only a small percentage sitting in the grey areas?

“My” Eddie just appears just to be uneducated and mad as a fruitcake which possibly makes him a prime target but that’s only scratching the surface I suspect.

Sorry, that’s a rambling going-nowhere train of thought which I’m tempted to delete without posting but hell, I’ve come this far with it so wtf.....

no, don't delete. please leave it up. i wanna talk about it. it's a psychological problem, fed by many things. i hafta split now, but we should get into this. i mean, my entire family loved wayne. my ma, the most open-minded, strong person i have ever known, miles sharper than yer average bear, loved him. my sister, who got her MD at the age of 23 and spent 35 years as an ER doc, loved him. my dear, departed friend jet, brilliant and more left than i am, introduced me to him. people you are so fond of and have known for so long, through thick and thin... it really is a psychological problem. major.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2021, 08:58

Lord Rother wrote:I find it fascinating and quite scary that so many people are primed and ready to be brainwashed into believing this stuff.

Racism. Pure and simple.

These poor people have been 'suppressed' by having to treat people of different skin colour/ethnicity equally for too long - Trump gave them a 'figure head/enabler' to let their inner racist shine. They took it.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

kath

Postby kath » 15 Feb 2021, 09:14

Diamond Dog wrote:

Racism. Pure and simple.

These poor people have been 'suppressed' by having to treat people of different skin colour/ethnicity equally for too long - Trump gave them a 'figure head/enabler' to let their inner racist shine. They took it.

a huge part of it. there is no doubt.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 15 Feb 2021, 10:14

Hmm, that seems like a very simple answer to what I thought was a very difficult question but it does indeed make a helluva lot of sense.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2021, 11:30

Lord Rother wrote:Hmm, that seems like a very simple answer to what I thought was a very difficult question but it does indeed make a helluva lot of sense.

We got Brexit. The US got Trump.

Not sure who did better/worse.
Cocaine

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Feb 2021, 17:52

kath wrote:
Six String wrote:Now that the impeachment 2 is over I am ready to put the Tumor behind me. I will keep an eye on my rearview mirror in case he tries to re-enter politics but otherwise I am taking the low road approach. He lived in my head long enough. I won’t let him live there anymore. He is not welcome. It is sad that the R Senate chose the cowardly route but it wasn’t unexpected. What a bunch of self serving cunts. At least the Tumor is no longer in the WH. Good enough for me at this point.

i'm with you. i post in these political threads much less now than i did before the election (and i did call the election, i did, mwhaha).

there is still that massive threat, what led to storming the capitol. but i think the truth is, what you hafta do is focus on local elections to come, and support the folk who are fighting actively to stop the republican attempts to crack down even worse on voter restriction laws.

they are a sick, corrupt, cheating minority.

i will say this, though. bill cassidy surprised THE hell out of me. and as a louisiana native, i'm the one who had TWO (2) chances to run david duke over in my car.

(my better angels prevailed, but he's just such rancid fucquemeat.)

anyway, we'll see how it goes. personally, i think trump will not escape all the state charges. cynics tell me i'm crazy. sure i am, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong about that, mwhaha.

my blood pressure went down instantly when the two runoff senate races in fucquin georgia went for the democrats.

meanwhile, i might need me some todd rundgren. why? answer: toddtoddtodd.

Yes, working with local politics is key. After all, local politics saved us from the Tumor.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

kath

Postby kath » 15 Feb 2021, 20:00

Lord Rother wrote:Hmm, that seems like a very simple answer to what I thought was a very difficult question but it does indeed make a helluva lot of sense.

it is more complicated, yeah, racism's a big chunk of the maga crowd. look at the types involved with the capitol insurrection. look at trump. the republicans. which voters they wanna disenfranchise, which votes they tried to get overturned, which neo-nazis and whitebread, dickless gun thugs they swoon over.

racism has always been a force in america. no need to write that novel here.

a few (heh) other thoughts.

i'll repeat some of what i said in my opening FB post, the one that set wayne off.

i saw the shift in real time when the whole notion of logical debate~~of engaging with the other side~~started to disintegrate. i was hyper-aware of it at the time, cuz i was deep in teaching debate (among other things) at the uni level. all the great speeches we could call up from history had a mix of reason and passion. i was watching the reason side get dropped out. people started thinking that all they had to do was ramp up the volume on passion, amp up the emotional register, and they would win the day.

you could see it on news shows, talk shows, when folk would just shout over each other, dig their heels in harder, ignore the points being made. they weren't trying to convince or gain converts. they were preaching to their own choir on an emotional, psychological level. these things aren't new in american history, but the momentum and exponential swing at that time were blatant. palpable.

it all got exacerbated by social media. don't get me wrong. we all know the pros on this subject: the ability to connect with folk all over the world; to be enriched from it; to have access to information instantly; to get people to band together for the right causes, charities, kids with cancer, world-wide needs.

the cons: simultaneously, it encouraged that shift away from developed thought or reasoned back-up. cue soundbites, short attention span theater. complex issyew? just spit out one-liners and click "like". throw in a bunch of exclamation points. hit the caplock key. emotional register makes "right".

another con: if you are an idjut who has forsaken reason, you can connect with thousands of other like-minded idjuts in a flash. you can get yerself stroked, encouraged, reinforced in yer idiocy. you bubble yerself off from people who think differently or who challenge you. those bubble boundaries turn into cement. people you used to have connections with but who don't fall in line become the enemy.

at the core, it's cultism. the psychological need behind it is pretty constant, whatever the cult. there's an urgent need to feel special, to feel part of some bigger purpose that makes one superior, the others, excluded. the others are inferior, more stupid, blinded from the blazing "truth" of the cult, brainwashed sheep, etc. talk about irony. the cheapest, most non-logical way to feel superior is to knock down someone else as inferior. it's a fallacy, but we aren't in the land of reason anyway.

it's easy to see how this lines up with conspiracy theory types.

why do people need to feel superior, to a deranged level, a cult level? many ways to answer, but i think it's rooted in an equally urgent fear deep down that they are anything but superior. they NEED to be validated, and they will take whatever fake prop they can find. not hard to see how qanon gained hold. trump and his ilk empowered it all, poured fuel on it all, used it... trump as the spokesman at the top for conspiracy theories, bigotry, anti-science, anti-logic swill. white evangelicals flocked to his side. neo-nazis. upper middle class entitled types who fly in private jets to a lil insurrection or who care about their 401ks more than they do babes in cages. all of em who use irrational swill as justification for their cult-like "thinking".

there's a distinction to be made between deranged and evil. many of the people who stormed the capitol were garden-variety deranged and culty. some were evil, out to brutalize and kill others they saw as the enemy. there are those who know exactly what evil they are manipulating and encouraging for their own money and power. some, like trump, are both deranged and evil.

but if you are desperate enough on some inner level to go full cult or conspiracy, if you need that crutch so much, it isn't but a few steps away to use that crutch not just as a psychological weapon but as a real one. that voltaire quote has been flying around since the insurrection: "those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." i think raskin quoted it during the impeachment trial.

i often think about rep. jackie speier, who took five bullets when she went to jonestown with the people trying to stop jim jones. when the mob hit the capitol, she was hiding for her life, as the other congressfolk were. afterwords, she compared it to how she felt at jonestown. the crazies have breached reality, this time for their dear leader, trump.

in any case, once you go allll in on propping yerself up as superior and anyone not in yer group as the enemy, you don't need empathy or actual connection anymore. all of those ironies come to the playground in the form of rampant gaslighting. the ones who tag themselves as great thinkers couldn't spot a logical fallacy to save their lives. they traffic in fallacy. in contradiction. in confirmation bias. in goal-post shifting. name yer fallacy. they're all at the party. reason isn't the point. self-serving, self-boosting swill is. it becomes the primary need that wipes out everything else other than itself. connection. compassion. things that would bond you with others, past experiences, music, any of it. that blazing need never turns off. the tape keeps running, the only soundtrack.

we've all seen it happen here, online. and there's always the question of whether someone who's deranged and blustering out crazy crap is only that way behind the protection of a keyboard. i've known wayne for 40 years. when he was trolling me, i was curious about that. he's been to my house many times in the past. so i invited him to come over and tell me and chi chi to our faces that we are stupid and brainwashed. i wasn't spoiling for a fight. i genuinely wanted to know if he would act that way in the flesh. he ignored the invitation entirely and kept running his swill tape, so i blocked him.

one thing's for sure: those people at the capitol took it from online to offline without a problem. strength (and lunacy) in numbers. every one of em convinced they are the "it" crowd, the real americans, god and country, the true believers in america... storming the fucquin capitol building. batshit is a word that doesn't cover it.

i'll probably run into wayne around town at some point. i'm not afraid of him in the least. i guess i'll find out how he is in reality. but honestly, if someone can change so radically into that cult-think, if that person's need is so powerful when he gets older (throw in some fear of mortality along with that fear of inferiority), if all he is able to do is spout that swill, do you think you can trust that person in the flesh? "caring friend" has vanished completely, replaced with third-grade insults. no, i don't wanna have a beer with him for old time's sake. he can stay in his bubble world of online friends and internet groups consisting of nothing but mindless, blithering propaganda and ickitude.

something has gone wrong with these people's brains. trump didn't start it, but he turbo-charged it, and when it comes to brain power and empathy, he finished it.

we just hafta make sure they stay in the minority.

oh, and we need to get rid of the filibuster and expand the courts, mwhahaha.
Last edited by kath on 15 Feb 2021, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2021, 20:04

Nah, it's racism.
Cocaine

kath

Postby kath » 15 Feb 2021, 20:09

Diamond Dog wrote:Nah, it's racism.

mwhahahaaa

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2021, 20:29

kath wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Nah, it's racism.

mwhahahaaa

;) :D
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 15 Feb 2021, 23:20

kath wrote: oh, and we need to get rid of the filibuster .

Where you throw out so many generalities, abstractions and assumptions it is hard to rebut.

Like you know these people are attention deprived cultists with a crazy need for affirmation when in fact they are normal American people (generally) who've learned some truth, some facts about say, the election results, the Clintons or 9/11, and they're angry. They're angry at something real. You may dispute those facts but that is different than disparaging those good Americans, especially labeling them as racists.
Question authority.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Feb 2021, 07:14

Thanks kath.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Feb 2021, 20:04

This kinda feels like an appropriate place to post this.

I give you - The Mayor of Colorado City, Texas everybody :shock:

https://twitter.com/mike10010100/status/1361814507727765504?s=20

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Feb 2021, 20:41

As does this.... (both lifted from elsewhere)

How well do you think the MAGA Texas survivalists are coping with the power outages due to the weather and their preparedness to go “off grid”?

As well as you’d expect :lol:

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/ ... 05122?s=21

Return to “Nextdoorland”