BCB Top Films - full 460 and individual lists

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: BCB Top Films - full 460 and individual lists

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 25 Apr 2020, 21:02

Quaco wrote:
Baron of a Thousand Years wrote:I forgot about The Passenger!
That was just reissued, wasn't it?
I saw it on a VERY dodgy copy. Had it been fresh in my mind, it probably would've made my list

Yes, with a commentary track by Jack Nicholson of all people. Apparently, he just doesn't do those things, which gives you an idea of the high esteem he holds Antonioni and this picture in. (This is what I was told. I have not checked to see if Nicholson has done other commentary tracks.) I haven't heard the whole thing yet, but he seems still very impressed with Antonioni and what he was doing here.

I just re-watched the Passenger and it was wonderful. I must get that DVD with the commentary!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 12 Jul 2020, 19:56

Dr. Baron wrote:
Quaco wrote:
Baron of a Thousand Years wrote:I forgot about The Passenger!
That was just reissued, wasn't it?
I saw it on a VERY dodgy copy. Had it been fresh in my mind, it probably would've made my list

Yes, with a commentary track by Jack Nicholson of all people. Apparently, he just doesn't do those things, which gives you an idea of the high esteem he holds Antonioni and this picture in. (This is what I was told. I have not checked to see if Nicholson has done other commentary tracks.) I haven't heard the whole thing yet, but he seems still very impressed with Antonioni and what he was doing here.

I just re-watched the Passenger and it was wonderful. I must get that DVD with the commentary!

Such a great film. I have gotten more and more into filming locations in my old age, and this film has lots of cool ones. Antonioni goes all over the place (Germany, London, Spain, Algeria??) and makes it all look great. Plus my abiding fantasy of tripping out in the north African desert. Plus Maria Schneider...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 10 Aug 2023, 21:07

I don't remember voting in this poll, but I'm pretty sure I put "Rollerball" on the final list.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”