CHICAGO - MAY 25th WEEKEND - 2007: JUotA

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 29 May 2007, 16:30

What a great weekend. What a bunch of wankers…and that was just Griff!

This was definitely the Anarchy in Chicago jolly up.

Moonie, me and my sister devoured the Kentucky bourbon balls last night. We both love you.
The crazy music drives you insane

Jock

Postby Jock » 29 May 2007, 16:32

Great to put faces to our US mates.
Always Cheated Never Defeated

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 29 May 2007, 17:01

The Very Reverend Giraffe wrote:yikes, don't have much time. suffice to say that both kid p and i had a great time with everyone. obviously, we both feel like death right now but are heading out for a breakfast and a gallon of coffee before heading into the loop to do some sightseeing.

Don't bother. It's fucking BORING.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

SlangKing

Postby SlangKing » 29 May 2007, 17:24

Back to the grind at work with the DTs, but all these pink elephants are helping to pick up the slack...

It was a fantastic weekend. Great to meet all of you; the SlangQueen and myself both had a wonderful time. I'm already scheming for means to make it out again next year.

The Very Reverend Giraffe wrote: obviously, we both feel like death right now but are heading out for a breakfast and a gallon of coffee...

Probably too late for today, griff, but the restorative powers of a breakfast burrito and coffee at the Earwax Cafe in Wicker Park cannot be overestimated.
Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 May 2007, 23:10

SlangKing wrote:Probably too late for today, griff, but the restorative powers of a breakfast burrito and coffee at the Earwax Cafe in Wicker Park cannot be overestimated.

I had a fantastic bloody mary in Wicker Park, but don't remember where. :roll:

I'm back home. :cry:
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Megh
tamagotchi girlfriend

Postby Megh » 29 May 2007, 23:18

Baron wrote:
SlangKing wrote:Probably too late for today, griff, but the restorative powers of a breakfast burrito and coffee at the Earwax Cafe in Wicker Park cannot be overestimated.

Glad you made it home safely. Give the liver a breather this week.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 May 2007, 23:39

Jumper k wrote:
The Prof wrote:Sounds shit, to be honest.

Nothing better than a fish and chip breakfast in an arcade in Huddersfield. Sightseeing statues of Harold Wilson and watching the very ground Preston and Chantelle would walk supported by Queenie. Followed by 27 pints of Scruttocks old dirigible, grooving to the latest jazz-funk and a lukewarm kebab to finish with. Chicago? Pah.

Exactly!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 30 May 2007, 00:11

Baron wrote:

Was it right under the El tracks? We had some great ones there. A place called the Blue Line.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

take5_d_shorterer

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 30 May 2007, 01:02

Belated update

Sambient wrote:
Baron wrote:I actually spoke with on the way back from the Liars Club, He was definitely rudely awakened and at the same time obviously ready to resume his sleep with a little added dedication,

See, the thing is, Ken didn't really part company from us, he dissappeared. Great conversation was being had, when suddenly he said "excuse me" and dashed out the door. Not to be seen again. His button up shirt remained. At the moment, it was assumed that he'd taken a phone call. After some absence, he was looked for. Then again later. No idea.

Sorry, everyone, for the belated update on this one.

Let me give a little context and explanation. There were two things that happened just about the time I excused myself. The first is that the room air conditioner was turned off, and the room started to get a little hotter; the second was that the conversation topic turned to the current US administration, which kind of set my stomach rumbling. (There has to be a pun there somewhere regarding the word "constitution".)

Anyways, I decided to go downstairs to get a little bit of cooler night air, and I walked a little around the neighborhood, which I did until I stopped by a friend's place, and then--ala the park in Memphis--decided to take a "brief nap".

Well, those of you who've witnessed my performance in Memphis know the rest. Snooze, snooze, snooze, albeit safe and sound.

Next time, I'm just going to bring a coffee pot to one of these JUs.

Thanks to all for everyone for their concern. I should have called you guys on my cell, but I really thought it was going to be a case of "I'll just rest for a little bit and then make my way back".

T. Berry Shuffle
sharp-eyed archivist

Postby T. Berry Shuffle » 30 May 2007, 01:13

Jock wrote:Great to put faces to our US mates.

What are you on about? We know all about The Faces.
You read that in a book, didn't you?!

T. Berry Shuffle
sharp-eyed archivist

Postby T. Berry Shuffle » 30 May 2007, 01:32

take5_d_shorterer wrote:Belated update

Sambient wrote:
Baron wrote:I actually spoke with on the way back from the Liars Club, He was definitely rudely awakened and at the same time obviously ready to resume his sleep with a little added dedication,

See, the thing is, Ken didn't really part company from us, he dissappeared. Great conversation was being had, when suddenly he said "excuse me" and dashed out the door. Not to be seen again. His button up shirt remained. At the moment, it was assumed that he'd taken a phone call. After some absence, he was looked for. Then again later. No idea.

Sorry, everyone, for the belated update on this one.

Let me give a little context and explanation. There were two things that happened just about the time I excused myself. The first is that the room air conditioner was turned off, and the room started to get a little hotter; the second was that the conversation topic turned to the current US administration, which kind of set my stomach rumbling. (There has to be a pun there somewhere regarding the word "constitution".)

Anyways, I decided to go downstairs to get a little bit of cooler night air, and I walked a little around the neighborhood, which I did until I stopped by a friend's place, and then--ala the park in Memphis--decided to take a "brief nap".

Well, those of you who've witnessed my performance in Memphis know the rest. Snooze, snooze, snooze, albeit safe and sound.

Next time, I'm just going to bring a coffee pot to one of these JUs.

Thanks to all for everyone for their concern. I should have called you guys on my cell, but I really thought it was going to be a case of "I'll just rest for a little bit and then make my way back".

The best bit of your park snooze, well .... besides The Baron revealing the legend of Ralph Fahey, was our telling this sorority girl that you were dead and her tittering off in a spasm because she believed it.

I needed to duck out last year from the room jolly as well and ended up crashed in my room with the Wheelman banging on the door to be let in. Funny thing that alcohol and the ways that it shuts down the system.
You read that in a book, didn't you?!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 May 2007, 01:36

T. Berry Shuffle wrote:I needed to duck out last year from the room jolly as well

No, you needed to fetch me a drink.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 30 May 2007, 03:09

Yeah, I was intensely relieved to see Ken returning to the Days Inn as I was ready to depart. Allelujah, he is risen!

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 30 May 2007, 05:20

Back home, though my flight landed almost three hours ago. First they couldn't get the walkway to line up with the plane, then I hit LAX parking to a dead battery.

I'm really beat and can't much think to post (and need a shower and am currently saying hello to my darling kitty who I missed terribly) but I will tomorrow eve (or maybe later tonight if I revive).

Suffice to say every I'd met before and everyone new were absolutely awesome, with special "above and beyond" thanks to Cosmic American Debi and Take Ken D, who picked me up at, and dropped me off at, O'Hare respectively.

More later but a lovely time was had by all.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 30 May 2007, 08:14

Well I'm still here. Leave tomorrow.

Apologies to those I hoped to catch up with today (Debi, Dave Hatz, Ken)
I wasted the majority of the day trying to get to Reckless Records in Wicker Park. There are two stops called "Western" on the El on the same line in different directions !! What the fuck is that all about.

Just got back from catching up with Griff and Kid, so beer was consumed in the regulation quantities by the remaining brits.
We're way past rhubarb

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 30 May 2007, 08:33

The Fish wrote:Well I'm still here. Leave tomorrow.

Apologies to those I hoped to catch up with today (Debi, Dave Hatz, Ken)
I wasted the majority of the day trying to get to Reckless Records in Wicker Park. There are two stops called "Western" on the El on the same line in different directions !! What the fuck is that all about.

Just got back from catching up with Griff and Kid, so beer was consumed in the regulation quantities by the remaining brits.

I found it on Monday - but it was closed for Memorial day.....

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 May 2007, 10:43

The Fish wrote:I wasted the majority of the day trying to get to Reckless Records in Wicker Park.

Did you go to the one in the vicinity of the hotels? I think it was on Broadway.

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 30 May 2007, 11:34

Baron wrote:
The Fish wrote:I wasted the majority of the day trying to get to Reckless Records in Wicker Park.

Did you go to the one in the vicinity of the hotels? I think it was on Broadway.

D'oh - thats the one I was at.

Phenomenal Cat
death on four legs

Postby Phenomenal Cat » 30 May 2007, 21:03

T. Berry Shuffle wrote:... besides The Baron revealing the legend of Ralph Fahey,

The Baron regaled us with tales about Lyle George and Little Feat this time around.
kath wrote:i will make it my mission to nail you.

But somehow when you smile, I can brave bad weather.

Thesiger

Postby Thesiger » 30 May 2007, 23:06

Phenomenal Cat wrote:
T. Berry Shuffle wrote:... besides The Baron revealing the legend of Ralph Fahey,

The Baron regaled us with tales about Lyle George and Little Feat this time around.

Whatever happened to old Lyle?
BCB Cup - R.U. 2010: W 2012

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”