Critically thinking about vaccines

Bizarre theories and nonsense
jimboo

Critically thinking about vaccines

Postby jimboo » 18 Jun 2021, 07:51

Fact 1: Immunization through vaccination is the safest way to protect against disease.
Whatever you might read or hear, vaccines produce an immune response similar to that produced by the natural infection, but without the serious risks of death or disability connected with natural infection.

Fact 2: It is always best to get vaccinated, even when you think the risk of infection is low.
Deadly diseases that seem to have been all but eradicated have a nasty habit of making a come-back when immunization rates drop – as we see with the recent measles outbreaks across Europe. Only by making sure everyone gets their jabs can we keep the lid permanently on vaccine-preventable diseases. We should not rely on people around us to stop the spread of disease – we all have a responsibility to do what we can.

Fact 3: Combined vaccines are safe and beneficial.
Giving several vaccines at the same time has no negative effect on a child’s immune system. It reduces discomfort for the child, and saves time and money. Children are exposed to more antigens from a common cold than they are from vaccines.

Fact 4: There is no link between vaccines and autism.
There is no scientific evidence to link the MMR vaccine with autism or autistic disorders. This unfortunate rumour started with a single 1998 study which was quickly found to be seriously flawed, and was retracted by the journal that published it.

Fact 5: If we stop vaccination, deadly diseases will return.
Even with better hygiene, sanitation and access to safe water, infections still spread. When people are not vaccinated, infectious diseases that have become uncommon can quickly come back to haunt us.

When people have questions about vaccines they should ask their health providers and check accurate websites for information. Vaccine Safety Net, a global network of vaccine safety websites certified by WHO, provides easy access to accurate and trustworthy information on vaccines. The network has 47 member websites in 12 languages, and reaches more than 173 million people every month with credible information on vaccine safety, helping to counter harmful misinformation.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

jimboo

Re: Critically thinking about vaccines

Postby jimboo » 18 Jun 2021, 07:52

More things to think about!

In the past 60 years, vaccines helped eradicate one disease (smallpox) and are close to eradicating another (polio).[1]
Vaccines prevent more than 2.5 million deaths each year.[2]
Scientific studies and reviews continue to show no relationship between vaccines and autism.[3]
New and underutilized vaccines could avert nearly 4 million deaths by 2015.[4]
Vaccines cause “herd immunity,” which means if the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get sick because others are less likely to get sick and spread the disease.[5]
Vaccines helped reduce measles deaths globally by 78% between 2000 and 2008. In sub-Saharan Africa, deaths dropped by 92% in the same period.[6]
There are existing vaccines that could stop rotavirus and pneumonia — two conditions that kill nearly 3 million children under the age of five every year.[7]
The CDC has reported a 99% reduction in the incidence of bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae since the introduction of the vaccination against the disease in 1988.[8]
Researchers estimate that a viable malaria vaccine could be ready for children in the developing world as early as 2015.[9]
Not all vaccines are given as shots. Some vaccines are given orally.[10]
Most diseases prevented by vaccines are no longer common in the United States. If vaccines weren’t used, just a few cases could quickly turn into tens or hundreds of thousands.[11]

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 18 Jun 2021, 08:16

Wow , this guy was spot on!
Second, if a vaccine does emerge, there is a good chance that leading health organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or the World Health Organization will have a hand in producing or distributing it. If that’s the case, anti-vaccine activists, who have been crusading against these groups for years, will have plenty of material stockpiled to try to discredit them. They are already taking aim at Mr. Gates with baseless conspiracy theories claiming that he created and is trying to profit from the virus. These theories will be amplified, and the attempts to discredit leading virus research efforts will intensify as the vaccine nears.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 18 Jun 2021, 08:18

If it occured to me and him then the 911 guys must have started writing their script early!!! Mmmmm.
It occurred to me that all the misinformation we’ve seen so far — the false rumors that 5G cellphone towers fuel the coronavirus, that drinking bleach or injecting UV rays can cure it, that Dr. Anthony Fauci is part of an anti-Trump conspiracy — may be just the warm-up act for a much bigger information war when an effective vaccine becomes available to the public. This war could pit public health officials and politicians against an anti-vaccination movement that floods social media with misinformation, conspiracy theories and propaganda aimed at convincing people that the vaccine is a menace rather than a lifesaving, economy-rescuing miracle.

Scariest of all? It could actually work.

I’ve been following the anti-vaccine community on and off for years, watching its members operate in private Facebook groups and Instagram accounts, and have found that they are much more organized and strategic than many of their critics believe. They are savvy media manipulators, effective communicators and experienced at exploiting the weaknesses of social media platforms. (Just one example: Shortly after Facebook and YouTube began taking down copies of “Plandemic” for violating their rules, I saw people in anti-vaccine groups editing it in subtle ways to evade the platforms’ automated enforcement software and reposting it.)

In short, the anti-vaxxers have been practicing for this. And I’m worried that they will be unusually effective in sowing doubts about a Covid-19 vaccine for several reasons.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 18 Jun 2021, 08:20

Why go ALL the way down the rabbit hole assholes?

People get information about vaccination from health workers, relatives, friends, and social and traditional media.

Social media platforms can be problematic because if someone clicks an article with vaccine misinformation, more articles with even more misleading ideas are likely to appear in their news feeds. The opposite also occurs; if someone clicks on pro-vaccination information, more pro-vaccination information is fed to them. This can lead to polarisation within the community.

Dealing with misleading health messages about COVID vaccines will be very important for governments, and it’ll be vital for them to stay in front of anti-vax COVID messaging. Factual information will be essential, but true, personal health stories are another tool to convince particular groups.

It seems the federal government is not yet specifically targeting these groups, but may need to in the race for COVID herd immunity.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 19 Jun 2021, 08:25

We thought, ‘What should we do? Should we just go with it?’ ” Simpson recalls. The next day, a Facebook ad led her to a nine-hour self-described documentary on the “truth” about vaccines produced by Ty and Charlene Bollinger, a hugely influential couple in the world of alternative medicine and anti-vaccine activism. Ty Bollinger, a former bodybuilder with no medical background, and his wife profit from books and videos promoting fake cancer cures, disinformation about vaccines, and, most recently, false claims about COVID-19. “We ended up watching all nine hours, and they basically blame every bad thing under the sun on vaccines,” Simpson says. “To be honest, any person that’s prone to fear, any new parent watching it, is going to have a hard time not falling for it, and I fell for it.” Most convincing were the half-dozen anti-vaccine doctors who claimed that vaccines are harmful.

Nine hours listening to the truth from a bodybuilder !

A BODYBUILDER !

Anti vaxx = pro dumb !!

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 19 Jun 2021, 08:39

a right-wing Christian talk show host and anti-vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying vaccines would wipe out “stupid people”.

Less than a month ago, Mr Wiles said he would never get vaccinated. His website, TruNews, announced over the weekend that had been infected and taken to hospital where he had been given oxygen. The announcement was reported by Right Wing Watch.

TruNews has pushed conspiracy theorists considered to be racist, antisemitic, homophobic, and Islamophobic. The outlet has called President Obama a “demon from hell” multiple times. Mr Wiles has said that Mr Obama “spiritually sodomised the nation”.

The right-wing broadcaster told his audience last month that he wasn’t getting vaccinated because he believed the vaccines were being used to commit a “genocide,” to kill hundreds of millions of people.

“I am not going to be vaccinated,” Mr Wiles said. “I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide ... The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off. If the vaccine wipes out a lot of stupid people, well, we’ll have a better world.”

I guess he thinks he has the flu , maybe the C.I.A infected him? I think GOD and the TRUTH will save him from further harm!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Jun 2021, 08:46

jimboo wrote:

A BODYBUILDER !

If they were carpenters or economics professors I'd tend to agree with you here but guess what body builders know a lot about? The body. They just might have some knowledge. Just might. Try reading their book.
Question authority.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 19 Jun 2021, 08:46

Oh boy! The truth is out there ! A bit like the peddlers of FEAR.
Not a medically trained person in the list.
The top names on the list will not surprise anyone. Joseph Mercola is the head of a massive kingdom of medical misinformation and silly supplements. His combined reach on social media is 3.6 million followers, so when he shares a falsehood about “forced vaccination” being part of a plan to “reset the global economic system,” that post has legs.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, is perhaps the most visible and vocal leader of the anti-vaccination movement and his membership in the Disinformation Dozen was expected. Then there’s Ty and Charlene Bollinger, best known for their “Truth About Cancer” brand which is anything but, and Sherri Tenpenny, an osteopathic physician who recently tweeted that the longer you wear a mask, the more unhealthy you get (not true). Christiane Northrup also made the list. An icon of women’s health, Northrup has embraced all sorts of magical ideas while encouraging her fans to follow their gut and ignore their reasoning.

There’s also power couple Sayer Ji and Kelly Brogan. Ji’s GreenMedInfo website was the subject of an article of mine. It is a colossal exercise in the cherry-picking of scientific studies, a portal curated by Sayer Ji himself, who has a bachelor’s degree in philosophy. Meanwhile, his partner, Kelly Brogan, is a “holistic psychiatrist” and former goop contributor. The couple’s descent into conspirituality—a phenomenon in which adherents weave together grand conspiracy theories and a yearning for a spiritual revolution—was described by journalist Matthew Remski. Recently, Ji shared a false claim that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine had killed more people than the disease itself. He remains active on Facebook, with half a million followers, despite violating their terms of service.

The Disinformation Dozen also includes personalities I had never heard of. Ben Tapper is a chiropractor who claims the pandemic is an excuse for governments to control the population through a “blanket of tyranny.” He was recently part of a virtual event alongside notorious über conspiracy theorist David Icke of “shapeshifting reptilian” infamy. Another member of the Disinformation Dozen is Rashid Buttar, who has a long history of using pseudoscientific interventions like chelation therapy for autism and intravenous hydrogen peroxide for cancer. And let’s not forget Erin Elizabeth, Joe Mercola’s partner, who claims that turmeric is better than chemotherapy.

WOW!!

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 19 Jun 2021, 08:49

Jimbo wrote:
jimboo wrote:

A BODYBUILDER !

If they were carpenters or economics professors I'd tend to agree with you here but guess what body builders know a lot about? The body. They just might have some knowledge. Just might. Try reading their book.

They know how to make muscles bigger. It looks like their brain shrinks as well as their dicks.
They MIGHT have some knowledge ? They MIGHT , wow.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 19 Jun 2021, 13:32

It turns out TRUTHERS are as DUMB as you thought!

Mr Corbyn also set up his own funder on Crowdjustice, writing: "We are raising £5,000 to pay for the legal costs of my defence. I need your support: please contribute and share this page now!"

The total raised currently stands at £31,250.

This means Mr Corbyn has amassed around £45,000 in donations since he began spreading conspiracies about COVID-19.

Asked about these donations by Sky News, Mr Corbyn argued he is not the sole recipient as money is paid directly to his lawyers or dispensed by him to pay his own costs.

Other fundraisers set up for Stop New Normal (rather than Mr Corbyn specifically) or with others as joint recipients are worth at least £3,700.

Mr Corbyn has also sought donations to be made via his weather forecasting site (which publishes misinformation denying that man-made climate change is real), repeatedly making appeals on social media.

Shit. It looks like you need to buy t-shirts and hoodies as quack science ain't doing it by itself.

Why do you need a lawyer when you have scientific facts on your side from bodybuilders ?
What's the charge ?

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 19 Jun 2021, 13:44

Several days ago, the mega-popular podcast host Joe Rogan advised his young listeners to skip the COVID-19 vaccine. “I think you should get vaccinated if you’re vulnerable,” Rogan said. “But if you’re 21 years old, and you say to me, ‘Should I get vaccinated?’ I’ll go, ‘No.’”

Way to go Joe!

Many people I spoke with said they trusted their immune system to protect them. “Nobody ever looks at it from the perspective of a guy who’s like me,” Bradley Baca, a 39-year-old truck driver in Colorado, told me. “As an essential worker, my life was never going to change in the pandemic, and I knew I was going to get COVID no matter what. Now I think I’ve got the antibodies, so why would I take a risk on the vaccine?”

I can see the logic Brad !

Others were worried that the vaccines might have long-term side effects. “As a Black American descendant of slavery, I am bottom caste, in terms of finances,” Georgette Russell, a 40-year-old resident of New Jersey, told me. “The fact that there is no way to sue the government or the pharmaceutical company if I have any adverse reactions is highly problematic to me.”

Better to die of covid, save on the paperwork and it's one less worry.

Many people said they had read up on the risk of COVID-19 to people under 50 and felt that the pandemic didn’t pose a particularly grave threat. “The chances of me dying from a car accident are higher than my dying of COVID,” said Michael Searle, a 36-year-old who owns a consulting firm in Austin, Texas. “But it’s not like I don’t get in my car.”

Or breathe, huh?

A Trump voter writes
The coronavirus is a wildly overrated threat. Yes, it’s appropriate and good to protect old and vulnerable people. But I’m not old or vulnerable. If I get it, I’ll be fine. In fact, maybe I have gotten it, and I am fine. I don’t know why I should consider this disease more dangerous than driving a car, a risky thing I do every day without a moment’s worry. Liberals, Democrats, and public-health elites have been so wrong so often, we’d be better off doing the opposite of almost everything they say.

But, dude ....

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 20 Jun 2021, 17:59

Dumb , dumb dumb.
TruNews has pushed conspiracy theorists considered to be racist, antisemitic, homophobic, and Islamophobic. The outlet has called President Obama a “demon from hell” multiple times. Mr Wiles has said that Mr Obama “spiritually sodomised the nation”.

The right-wing broadcaster told his audience last month that he wasn’t getting vaccinated because he believed the vaccines were being used to commit a “genocide,” to kill hundreds of millions of people.

“I am not going to be vaccinated,” Mr Wiles said. “I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide ... The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off. If the vaccine wipes out a lot of stupid people, well, we’ll have a better world.”

TruNews has said that eternal damnation would await anyone mocking Mr Wiles’s affliction.

“Already, the naysayers and mockers have started with their taunts,” the website said. “Let them speak their foolish words and let them mock. It will only serve to be used to fuel their flames of torment in hell unless they repent.”

You go to hell if you believe that covid exists, kills people and get vaccinated to stop this happening. Like the man himself said .

The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off.

Guess he didn't think it would be him. Ah well.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 20 Jun 2021, 18:02

In the United Kingdom in 1853, smallpox vaccination was made mandatory for babies under three months. Increased pressure from the authorities crystallized resistance to vaccination: protests and riots followed, and an Anti-Vaccination League was established in London that same year. Similar outfits sprang up in mainland Europe, finding profound influence in Stockholm, where, by 1872, vaccination rates plummeted to 40%, compared to an average 90% vaccination rate across the rest of Sweden. In 1874, the smallpox came to Sweden and 4,063 died, with fatalities disproportionately concentrated in the capital.

They have walked amongst us for many years.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 20 Jun 2021, 18:39

The biggest vaccination campaign in history is underway. More than 2.59 billion doses have been administered across 180 countries, according to data collected by Bloomberg. The latest rate was roughly 38.5 million doses a day.

I guess the bodybuilders North Carolina preachers , right wing Bible belt shock jocks and lonely yanks in Japanese dens are losing the fight dose by dose.

I doubt we will ever know the figures of those that died by not listening to Martha from Idaho's (full time family maker) non medical expertese and her understanding of god's great plan for us.

Anti vaxxers the disease with no cure.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 Jun 2021, 08:02

Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jun 2021, 08:31

toomanyhatz wrote:Some unbiased straight talk:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01505-x

Clinical trials of some vaccines involved more than 40,000 participants, and yielded few signs of side effects beyond those often seen after vaccination, including injection-site soreness, fever and nausea. “We generally say that no vaccine is 100% safe,” says Meissner. “But the safety of these vaccines is remarkable.”

The article gingerly touched on a few side effects but nowhere did it mention that anyone had died - even to debunk that anyone had died. And it is clearly out here that many people, over 5000 in the US, have reportedly died. More propagandistic horseshit. IMO
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jun 2021, 10:56

Majority of Physicians Decline COVID Shots, according to Survey

Of the 700 physicians responding to an internet survey by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), nearly 60 percent said they were not “fully vaccinated” against COVID. ... the AAPS survey shows that physician support for the mass injection campaign is far from unanimous.
https://aapsonline.org/majority-of-phys ... to-survey/

I suspect there are more than a few body builders among the docs.
Question authority.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Jun 2021, 11:11

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Jun 2021, 13:13

"It's not safe for women at all."

"You can vaccinate yourself but you can't un-vaccinate yourself."

Question authority.