September 11, 2001

Bizarre theories and nonsense
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

September 11, 2001

Postby Jimbo » 08 Sep 2020, 15:24

Only two more shopping days until 9/11!

What? ... Too soon?

Where were you when the towers went down?
What did you think at the time?
Has your thinking changed?

Yeah, I was home in Japan in the living room watching TV with my wife when my son ran in and told us to turn on CNN. It looked like a small plane had crashed into one of the towers. Not so unusual, but as long as the building was still smoking we watched. And that is when the second plane came swooping around and smashed into the second tower. My first words were, "Holy shit." I called my best friend who lived across the river from the towers in New Jersey and asked if he saw it. "Saw what?" he said, and I told him to look out his picture window. "Holy shit," he said.

And then they fell.

My thinking was that there were a spate of Bruce Willis movies at the time where skyscrapers were blown up (Blow-ed up real good!) and this looked just like one of those movies. Funny, how on my own I didn't wonder who was flying the planes or why it was happening. Soon, however, the TV was talking about hijacking and Bin Ladin. I guess I bought the narrative but it wasn't long before odd shit began to happen, maybe the first being how they let all those Saudi Arabian people fly home, even Bin Ladin family members.

So much to consider if you care to think deeply. Me being me, I haven't let this one go. I was a kid when JFK got it but I was full grown on 9/11 and this was shocking. Not long before 9/11 my wife and I had been in the towers buying discount Broadway show tickets. We used the bathrooms there.

Anyway, today over at the Corbett Report a viewer sent in a question about the billions in insurance the towers' landlord, Larry Silverstein, was paid by the insurers. And the question was, insurance companies are conservative and don't like to pay out anything if possible but they paid out here. There is, however, copious contrary evidence (conspiracy theories) about what happened. Had any insurance companies asked, say Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth their opinion? The answer is no they hadn't. They just paid. How come?

James does a dive here and I found it intriguing.

Why Aren’t Insurers 9/11 Truthers? – Questions For Corbett #067
Corbett • 09/08/2020 •

https://www.corbettreport.com/why-arent ... rbett-067/
Question authority.

C
Robust

Re: September 11, 2001

Postby C » 08 Sep 2020, 15:31

I sense a conspiracy Jimbo lad

What you reckon?

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

`

Postby ` » 08 Sep 2020, 15:59

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 08 Sep 2020, 16:57

"Why did the insurers never investigate the possibility of controlled demolition?"

"It looked like a small plane had crashed into one of the towers. Not so unusual, but as long as the building was still smoking we watched. And that is when the second plane came swooping around and smashed into the second tower."

No need to thank me..
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 08 Sep 2020, 17:41

Jimbo wrote:
What? ... Too soon?

Well three days early at a minimum, and the big event will be the 20th anniversary, not the 19th.

Unless you know something we don't?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 08 Sep 2020, 19:07

Back to being an insurance scam is it now? It was an audacious gold bullion heist last year

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Sep 2020, 19:27

Jimbo wrote:Me being me, I haven't let this one go.

Hmm, couldn't have predicted this. I'll alert the (fake!) media. :roll:

Why Aren’t Insurers 9/11 Truthers?

The boring answer is that they're legally prevented from doing so - your 'sources' are not valid per whatever Insurance Commission governs them.

Now you can say that they should be, and that it should be changed (I'm sure you will), but again, "Jimbo sense" is not permissible evidence in any court in the world (more's the pity).

Just FYI, I'm seeing some renewed calls for your banning. I don't feel I have the right (and I'm not sure I have the power) to make that decision for myself, but if someone else should make that decision, you're not exactly giving me any reason why I'd want to defend you. So maybe carefully consider whether telling families and friends of victims (of 9/11 or COVID or whatever) that only you "know the truth" is really a hill you want to die on.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Sep 2020, 19:32

toomanyhatz wrote:Just FYI, I'm seeing some renewed calls for your banning. I don't feel I have the right (and I'm not sure I have the power) to make that decision for myself, but if someone else should make that decision, you're not exactly giving me any reason why I'd want to defend you. So maybe carefully consider whether telling families and friends of victims (of 9/11 or COVID or whatever) that only you "know the truth" is really a hill you want to die on.

Are you serious? Is this a threat?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Sep 2020, 19:36

Yes, and no.
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Sep 2020, 19:39

Anyway, not only would the insurance companies have to be in on this international conspiracy, so would the re-insurance companies.

It has always been obvious to me that Jimbo only grasped the full extent of his naïveté and, perhaps, ignorance in September 2001, and has been overcompensating ever since. Sadly, he’s done it by doubling down.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 08 Sep 2020, 19:40

toomanyhatz wrote:Yes, and no.

It’s obviously a threat. What absolute nonsense. :roll:

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 08 Sep 2020, 19:46

Dr. Baron wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Yes, and no.

It’s obviously a threat. What absolute nonsense. :roll:

How so? I'm not going to ban him, in fact I'm not going to do anything based on how he reacts to this information. I'm just giving the information.

a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done

I have no 'intention' of 'inflicting' anything.
Footy wrote:

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 08 Sep 2020, 20:29

Jimbo wrote:It looked like a small plane had crashed into one of the towers. Not so unusual,

Not so unusual ? :?

Are you really such a narcissist that you need to prove that you can see through all this stupid make believe and that makes you smarter than the rest of us ? Its a sickness that seems to be running rampant in America. Its both delusional and dangerous, and really really dumb.
Get another hobby Jimbo, try stamp collecting or something.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 08 Sep 2020, 20:39

First off Silverman was a minor partner but got all the news coverage. (Purchased in July(actually Aug)Goldman and Cayre posted a combined $110 million; Silverstein contributed $14 million; Westfield America contributed $127 million (Westfield controlled the retail mall at the trade center); and $563 million was borrowed from GMAC Financing. My client was Cayre and his firm. They lost their shirt but are rich so still have plenty.

Where was I? I was on the phone with an investment firm in Weehawken who had a front row view- yelling at them to fix a trade from the nite before. Then he said I've got to go and I asked him why he said turn on the news. Went back to my desk and saw what happened.

I would take the George Bush conspiracy over the stupid insurance fraud BS. George had ties to the Bin Laden family and actually let them all fly home after 9/11. Did he setup bombs in the Twin Towers? I doubt it I think it really happened. Sadly lost a friend on 9/11.

Another interesting twist.
The Pentagon plane hit the exact spot that my client was fixing in the Pentagon. The job was done the day before the crash or several of my clients employees would have been there. Not sure this has anything to do with anything but always found it interesting.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 02:52

BCB Nextdoorland is a general topic chat board. One imagines a topic they'd like to discuss and starts a thread. Things like "conspiracies" being my thing, I like to discuss or argue about them with others, my real life circle being much smaller than the BCB circle. I am being careful not to crap on any other threads. Actually I went looking for my old "conspiracy" thread where I would have posted this but it looks like it's disappeared. So, what, Hatz, banning me for starting thread about stuff that interests me, and not calling names and showing links to what I put forward. You know where they are talking about banning me? On Preludin where I got my wish! I am the hottest topic there. Sadly, the Preludin bunch are as incurious about "conspiracies" as you bunch are. Sometimes I think I'll quit BCB the day one of you pokes his or her head up and says I kind of agree with Jimbo. Until then ...
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 03:12

Hightea wrote:
I would take the George Bush conspiracy over the stupid insurance fraud BS. George had ties to the Bin Laden family and actually let them all fly home after 9/11. Did he setup bombs in the Twin Towers? I doubt it I think it really happened. Sadly lost a friend on 9/11.

Thanks for that HT. I don't think Corbett is saying there was necessarily insurance fraud but insurance company incompetence. Had just one insurer said, hold on a minute, the government and MSM are saying this but A&E For 9/11 Truth are saying that, why not see - if just for shits and giggles - if they have something. And they must have something because so far 3,324 Architects & Engineers are members.

What this is, too, is a way expose the alternative findings to the official realm of the insurance industry, to get legitimized by getting their shit into records and then debated. Sadly for the 9/11 truth movement, officialdom is not taking the bait. So the question remains, why hadn't an insurance company looked into another cause for the building's destruction?

https://www.ae911truth.org/
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Sep 2020, 04:33

So, just out of curiosity -

Someone knows someone or has direct contact with someone who's directly suffered as a result of COVID or 9-11. Your reaction, rather than express any sympathy or understanding is to lecture them - someone with actual first-hand knowledge - by saying "well, you know what really happened, right?"

You don't, in some tiny, hidden corner of your brain, see how somebody might be justified in being offended by that? Maybe just a little?

Like I said, I'm not planning on banning anyone. I don't feel I have the power to do so. But I'm feeling pretty sympathetic toward those who think it would be a more enjoyable board if you weren't cluttering it with your nonsense.

And considering how much delight you take in telling us that we're poor brainwashed fools for not embracing your tin foil hat transmissions, your "I'm just posting about stuff that interests me" explanation rings very hollow indeed.
Footy wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 09 Sep 2020, 04:59

July 2001 - I am tranferred to the company's NY office, 104th floor of the second building hit. The office was second home to several hundred colleagues.

July-August 2001 - the wife and I go in several times to try to find a house somewere in NJ.

3rd week August 2001 - we find decent house and sign on the dotted line. I'm to transfer over the next week or so, while the wife takes care of our daughter and dealing with our property here. Much is going well and I'm happy.

A few nights later - I go out with work friends to celebrate and get totally sloshed, to the point where I can't get up in the morning only to find a letter on the kitchen table that wifey left, saying that she couldn't possibly follow me to NY if that's the way I was. A divorce was in order.

I announce the news to my boss and it is decided that I should stay here, at least until some of the dust settles.

Couple of weeks later, Sept 11, 2001 - We lost well over 100 employees, 8 of which I knew personally. I should have been up there.

Any questions on how I feel about it still to this day? Huh?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2020, 06:56

souphound wrote: Any questions on how I feel about it still to this day? Huh?

You feel lucky I'll bet. Hell of a story. Horrible what happened to your workmates.

What I am after is a truthful story as to what happened that day. Still so many holes. So many anomalies. So many more questions that need to be answered and asked. Apparently it isn't my style to say this but to show Hatz I that am not a bot but a real human, the victims of 9/11 do deserve truth and justice.

Or not. Just carry on with the story we have and live as best we can.

No, the thing is I think I care more for the victims than those who sweep the counter evidence under the carpet and try and forget 9/11. I think looking for the truth of the affair does more for the living and the dead than all the snarky comments and digs at my humanity. 9/11 Truth!
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 09 Sep 2020, 07:14

So your answer is 'no' then. Got it.

Maybe my sympathy for you will increase if I convince myself you're delusional?

Nah, I just don't buy the "I'm showing my compassion for people by invalidating their experience" story. Just can't do it.
Footy wrote:

Return to “Conspiracyland”