Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Bizarre theories and nonsense

Do you believe the Al Gore climate change narrative?

No
9%
Somewhat
No votes
Entirely
91%

Total votes: 23

`

Re: Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Postby ` » 25 Sep 2019, 09:11

Jimbo wrote:
Stop with the panic. It'll be all right.

Why do I somehow feel less than reassured?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Sep 2019, 12:15

Powehi wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Think of global warming and the rising seas like slow zombies and how there really is no excuse to be a victim. You can pretty much just walk away from the them and - - - What if Trump's wall was a sea wall? Start building it now and if 2050 is the date when something is supposed to happen we'll be ready for that zombie. :D
Question authority.

`

Postby ` » 25 Sep 2019, 12:39

Jimbo wrote:
Powehi wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Think of global warming and the rising seas like slow zombies and how there really is no excuse to be a victim. You can pretty much just walk away from the them and - - - What if Trump's wall was a sea wall? Start building it now and if 2050 is the date when something is supposed to happen we'll be ready for that zombie. :D

The way Trump's wall is going, Jimbo, (just 66 miles of repairs completed along a border snaking out some 2,000 miles), he's not even going to have it a quarter finished by election day next November.

Good article here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/worl ... -z03vqxq3z

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 25 Sep 2019, 14:41

Jimbo wrote:
Copehead wrote: That paper is tangentially about climate change too.

Of course it is. Doesn't have to be full on climate change to get some cred.

It's utter horseshit. It's eugenics. It's the tulip bulb panic. It's Russiagate.
/

Well, Russiagate is always going to be a tricky one to prove with no smoking gun evidence and even Trump isn't dim enough to leave that lying around.

Eugenics happened, that much is historical fact... Nazi Germany and Scandinavia in the '30s and '40s. I didn't realise this is even in dispute.

The tulip bulb thing was more to do with the vagaries of fashion and capitalism and I'm not sure what it has to do with anything here.

Climate change is different. It is something you can measure on a global basis and see as it happens: the sea temperature and levels rising, the increase in extreme weather events, the melting glaciers. It isn't some subjective, philosophical thing, it can be and is quantifiable.

The argument should be about to what extent it is man-made and to what extent human activity can mitigate the effects... But that wan't your question was it?

The answer to your question is: Demonstrably REAL.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Sep 2019, 15:06

I'm talking about how the masses can be deluded en masse, get sold a bill of goods while thinking you are doing good.

This is long but very interesting. Just a few minutes in and already the movement has been debunked as another sneaky, profit making capitalist venture.

The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The Political Economy of the Non-Profit Industrial Complex (5 parts)
http://www.theartofannihilation.com/the ... l-complex/
Question authority.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 26 Sep 2019, 16:01

Jimbo wrote:
Copehead wrote: That paper is tangentially about climate change too.

Of course it is. Doesn't have to be full on climate change to get some cred.

It's utter horseshit. It's eugenics. It's the tulip bulb panic. It's Russiagate.

I was watching surfing on TV. Surfing will be featured in the Tokyo Olympics and I saw how the Japanese contingent practices and competes. All I could think of was how fine those waves looked. No one was complaining about climate change and how the waves were disappearing. A bitchin wave is a bitchin wave. So I just Googled surfers and climate change and the top thing was Climate Change for Surfers: Why It Matters and I will post the link. Just about everything is "will happen" etc. and there was no complaining about disappearing waves - currently. Oooooh ... 2050 ... :shock:

https://911surfreport.com/the-edge-volume-48/

I will post you the abstract so you can see:
A Late Silurian crisis in the Welsh Basin
Robin J Bailey and William J Bailey
Abstract. The Ludfordian stage of the Ludlow series, records the terminal phase in the history of
the Welsh early Palaeozoic marine basin. Later Ludfordian facies became uniformly shallow marine,
with event deposits and ubiquitous hummocky cross stratification suggesting storm-influenced
accumulation between fair-weather and storm-wave base. The terminal shallowing trend was
accompanied by a developing ecological crisis signalled by an impoverishment of the marine macrofauna and a marked reduction in bioturbation of the sediments accumulated between the storm events.
Of increasing importance in these latter sediments are often greenish, non-bioturbated, shaly siltstones
showing minutely-wrinkled partings. The wrinkle structures are thought to signify increasingly
extreme conditions, since they record the presence of microbial mats: sea bed colonisations that
today typically develop in ecologically harsh environments. The subsequent passage from these
ecologically stressed open-marine conditions to marine-influenced brackish waters of the Downton
Castle Sandstone Formation – highlighted on the shelf at Ludlow by the famous bone bed – is
signalled in basinal areas to the west only by the rapid replacement of the later Ludfordian marine
shelly fauna by brackish water forms. A major positive carbon isotope excursion associated with the
Ludlow Bone Bed, suggests that there may have been global, climatic, as well as local, influences on
the Ludfordian ecological crisis and on the abrupt faunal changes at the level of the Bone Bed.

The last sentence is the important bit. WE are looking for a specific signifier of faunal stress at times when global warming was occurring.

So tangentially about climate change.

What it is Jimbo is basic physics, I know you don't understand basic physics but I think a 200 year old conspiracy by all the world's scientists ( as even people taking the carbon shilling don't deny basic physics ) to lie about the absorption and emission spectra of the CO2 molecule is a bit far fetched even for you.

You can't change the basic physics of the CO2 molecule and you can't change the level of CO2 in the atmosphere, all you can do is discover a mechanism by which this wouldn't increase the temperature rises we are currently seeing and then you would have to say what is producing teh temperature rises we are seeing and you would do all of that to protect the corporate interests of teh companies who employ me and make me so much more wealthy than you.

I salute you for keeping me in sports cars all these years but enough is enough, I'd like my descendants to have a habitable planet to live on.

I am sorry I have no idea what waves have got to do with global warming but I would have thought that more and stronger storms would produce bitchin' waves.
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Sep 2019, 12:34

To verify what my gut says about GW/CC, that it is a crock, a mania, a scam, a political agenda, etc., I am on the lookout for articles and videos, sources which debunk the popular GW/CC meme. Too often, however, it's a conservative or libertarian outlet which sponsors the debunk and would surely be called out by sharp-eyed BCB GW/CC believers. In the video below I think I have found a fair airing of the issue and it backs me up more than YOU. Two scientists, one from MIT and the other from University of Vancouver, neither of whom seem to be on the fossil fuel industry tit, and they both seem to agree that there is a mania, the effects of CO2 are way overblown and that predicting the world-wide climate is nearly impossible. One thing that struck me is how nearly impossible it is to collate local weather variables all across the planet to come up with a number which shows how CO2 is raising the earth's temp. Think about it rationally for once. Today the temp in Tokyo was 77. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 80. Three degrees! Wow. If the overall earth temp went up that high - forever! it'd be curtains. But the GW/CC predicted rise is a degree or less. Think too about how hot it is in London and how hot it is in Glasgow. Globally the cities are nearby but climatically are far apart. Is there a GW model so accurate it takes in these variables from every part of the earth? I, and those scientists don't think so. It is a very measured, apolitical discussion and I hope you will watch.

Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Sep 2019, 12:43

Do you understand the word 'averages'?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Sep 2019, 13:30

Diamond Dog wrote:Do you understand the word 'averages'?

Just way too many variables to average into that one magic number. Take El Nino. I just looked it up and if CC is warming up the seas, well, what do you know? So are El Nino events, which are predictable and clearly what they say they are on the El Nino package. How do they effect climate change. This from Wikipedia

There is no consensus on if climate change will have any influence on the occurrence, strength or duration of El Niño events, as research supports El Niño events becoming stronger, longer, shorter and weaker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Ni%C3%B1o

Which is it?
Question authority.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Sep 2019, 14:37

Of course.

But you appear to be suggesting that those who argue that climate change is happening take the temperature of Glasgow last week and compare it to the rainfall in Bangladesh a decade ago and then cross reference the sea level in Antarctica from a weekend back in 1972 and extrapolate that as climate change/global warming.
Cocaine

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 29 Sep 2019, 14:44

Diamond Dog wrote:Of course.

But you appear to be suggesting that those who argue that climate change is happening take the temperature of Glasgow last week and compare it to the rainfall in Bangladesh a decade ago and then cross reference the sea level in Antarctica from a weekend back in 1972 and extrapolate that as climate change/global warming.

Errmmm....42?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Sep 2019, 14:44

Positive Passion wrote:

Errmmm....42?

F or C?
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Sep 2019, 14:47

Kinda, yeah. And well stated, DD.

And in the video they say how climate scientists learn historical temperatures from ice cores and tree rings, from times before thermometers. That, the two scientists agree, is imprecise and bad data on which to base the CC rigamarole.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Sep 2019, 15:59

Jimbo wrote:Kinda, yeah. And well stated, DD.

The point is - they don't.

:roll:
Cocaine

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Sep 2019, 23:50

In Dahl Jamail’s latest “climate disruption dispatch” he starts with Iceland having a funeral for the first Iceberg lost completely to the climate crisis. Then he makes his case.
https://truthout.org/articles/alaskas-s ... d-history/

It’s so discouraging that people still need to be convinced.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Sep 2019, 00:39

Sneelock wrote:In Dahl Jamail’s latest “climate disruption dispatch” he starts with Iceland having a funeral for the first Iceberg lost completely to the climate crisis. Then he makes his case.
https://truthout.org/articles/alaskas-s ... d-history/

It’s so discouraging that people still need to be convinced.

"climate grief"

No. I'm sorry but need we invent a new neurosis? The solution to hotter weather and potentially flooding cities is more air conditioning and sea walls - if we must. I contend, however, that the climate is doing what climates have done which is change - like the weather. No need to panic and frighten the children, unless that is what "they" want us to do, panic and raise frightened children.

“Taken all together, the value of the total global ecosystem services
has been estimated at USD 125 trillion per year, which is almost
twice the world’s gross domestic product.”
—Natural Capital Coalition, July 12, 2018

The World Resources Institute (WRI) is a global research non-profit organization that was founded in 1982 by James Speth [5] with a fifteen million dollar grant from the MacArthur Foundation. It is an international powerhouse “that works in more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. WRI’s more than 500 experts work with leaders to address six urgent global challenges at the intersection of economic development and the natural environment: food, forests, water, climate, energy and cities.”

The WRI advisory board represents the absolute upper echelons of power within the matrix of the non-profit interlocking directorate – with a staggering amount of overlap with the hegemonic powerhouse, the Council on Foreign Relations.

With USD 98.5 million in funding in 2017, the exhaustive list of WRI donors [6] represent many of the most powerful and influential entities on Earth, including

Alcoa Foundation, Bloomberg Philanthropies,
Cargill, Caterpillar Foundation, Citi Foundation,
ClimateWorks Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation,
William and Flora Hewlett Foundation,
John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation,
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, Oak Foundation,
Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Rockefeller Foundation, Shell Foundation,
USAID, and the World Bank. [WRI 2017 Annual Report]

The WRI board of directors include:

David Blood: Co-founder and senior partner of Generation Investment
Felipe Calderón: Former president of Mexico, chair of the Global Commission that oversees the New Climate Economy, honorary chairman of the Green Growth Action Alliance
Christiana Figueres: Executive secretary of the UNFCCC, The B Team leader, vice-chair of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy, board member of ClimateWorks, World Bank Climate Leader, Mission2020 Convenor, member of the Rockefeller Foundation Economic Council on Planetary Health, credited with delivering the Paris Agreement [Full bio]
Jennifer Scully-Lerner: Vice president, private wealth management at Goldman Sachs
James Gustave Speth: Founder of WRI, former administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, honorary director at the Natural Resources Defense Council and WRI, serves on the board of The Climate Reality Project, advisory board member at 350.org, member of the Council on Foreign Relations
Andrew Steer: President and CEO of the WRI. Formerly with the World Bank, serves on the sustainable advisory groups of both IKEA and the Bank of America, serves on the Executive Board of the UN Secretary General’s Sustainable Energy For All Initiative
Kathleen McLaughlin: Senior vice president and chief sustainability officer at Walmart Inc., president of Walmart Foundation
Nader Mousavizadeh:Co-Founder and partner of Macro Advisory Partner, former chief executive of Oxford Analytica, a leading global analysis and advisory firm, former investment banker at Goldman Sachs, member of the Council of the European Council on Foreign Relations, member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on Geopolitics, WEF Global Leader for Tomorrow
James Harmon: Chairman and CEO of Caravel Management, member of the Council on Foreign Relations
Afsaneh M. Beschloss: Founder and CEO of RockCreek. Former managing director and partner at the Carlyle Group and president of Carlyle Asset Management, treasurer and chief investment officer at the World Bank, formerly with Shell International and J.P. Morgan, member of the World Economic Forum’s Investor Governors, member of the Council of Foreign Relations, recognized as one of American Banker’s Most Powerful Women in Banking
Joke Brandt: Secretary General of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands
Jamshyd N. Godrej: Chairman of Aspen Institute – India. He is the Vice President of World Wide Fund for Nature – International and was the President of World Wide Fund for Nature – India from 2000 to 2007
Caio Koch-Weser: Chairman of the Board of the European Climate Foundation. Former vice chairman of Deutsche Bank Group, held high-level positions in the World Bank, member of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate(NCE) and a Member of the Board of the Centre for European Reform (CER) in London

Unilever is a member of WRI’s Corporate Consultative Group. WRI member companies include; Abbott Laboratories, Bank of America, Cargill Corporation, Caterpillar, CitiGroup, Colgate-Palmolive, DuPont, General Motors, The Goldman Sachs Group, Google, Kimberly-Clark, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Shell, Walmart, Walt Disney Company, and Weyerhaeuser.

http://www.theartofannihilation.com/the ... of-nature/
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Sep 2019, 02:11

More air-conditioning? :lol:
Congratulations, dude. You’ve lost it.
Small wonder though, First Tulsi supports impeachment, now Putin believes in Global Warming.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... der-threat
Poor Jimbo. You still have Caitlin Johnstone!
uggy poopy doody.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 30 Sep 2019, 15:14

Evangelical Robert Jeffress spiritual adviser to Trump (when he is not promoting Civil War) ...

"Somebody needs to read poor Greta Genesis, Chapter 9," he said, "and tell her the next time she worries about global warming, just look at a rainbow. That’s God’s promise that the polar ice caps aren’t going to melt and flood the world again.” :?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Sep 2019, 15:51

Mike Boom wrote:Evangelical Robert Jeffress spiritual adviser to Trump (when he is not promoting Civil War) ...

"Somebody needs to read poor Greta Genesis, Chapter 9," he said, "and tell her the next time she worries about global warming, just look at a rainbow. That’s God’s promise that the polar ice caps aren’t going to melt and flood the world again.” :?

Well that's convinced me!

Safe at last, safe at last, great God Almighty, safe at last!
Cocaine

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 30 Sep 2019, 16:49

"Just look at a Rainbow" and everything will be ok - I feel this is a strategy that even Jimbo can get behind, similar to his "the weather is fine outside in my back garden so everything is ok" theory.

Return to “Conspiracyland”