No
88%

Total votes: 8

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: "Fake News"

Postby Jimbo » 25 Feb 2017, 14:19

fueryIre wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I assume you were too lazy again to open the link and read the article. If you had then you could see any number of things that would make a curious person wonder if there isn't something to the story. But you … nah. I did read the Wilipedia and all those millions and millions in donations. Man that kind of cabbage can buy some top line video gear.

Let's learn to speak Jimbo

"Too lazy" - not as credulous as Jimbo

"Curious person" - a completely credulous halfwit - rather like Jimbo himself

It isn't about me. It's about getting the truth out about this this fake news about our dangerous and deadly foreign policy.

Did you at least watch the video? It's less than a minute. If you don't watch I will tell you. It is a video of two White Helmets hovering over a man half buried in debris. All three "actors" are perfectly still but then, as if on a silent signal from a director, the victim starts screaming in pain and the two WHs begin to drag him out. It's not a real rescue it's a movie of a rescue. This is the kind of fakery which is being used to convince the public that the White Helmets are doing such good work their film will win an Academy Award and bilk even more money from donors. Read the article for more good evidence that the White Helmets, along with our entire policy in Syria is a fraud.
Question authority.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 25 Feb 2017, 15:11

When individuals lack the elementary cognitive mapping capabilities and resources that would enable them to locate their place within a social totality, they invent conspiracy theories which provide an ersatz mapping, explaining all the complexities of social life as the result of a hidden conspiracy.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Feb 2017, 16:07

in denial - An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings.
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 26 Feb 2017, 06:25

Ironic to have you start this thread...and unsurprising to see the slant you put on it.

Put simply: People like you are the reason for the mess we are in. The insistence that nothing told to the mainstream can be the "real truth" is at its core a form of self-aggrandizement. It makes you feel smarter than the rest of us plebes.

But if you were going to spread propaganda, how would you do it? Would you build a news organization and fill it full of professional journalists - then force them to spread your ideas? Or would you start an alternative news site and staff it with writers who share your ideology?

The mainstream news gets plenty wrong. But I've worked in a newsroom. I know what professional journalists are like. I'll take them over the confirmation bias artists you put your trust in every time.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 07:09

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Ironic to have you start this thread...and unsurprising to see the slant you put on it.

Put simply: People like you are the reason for the mess we are in. The insistence that nothing told to the mainstream can be the "real truth" is at its core a form of self-aggrandizement. It makes you feel smarter than the rest of us plebes.

But if you were going to spread propaganda, how would you do it? Would you build a news organization and fill it full of professional journalists - then force them to spread your ideas? Or would you start an alternative news site and staff it with writers who share your ideology?

The mainstream news gets plenty wrong. But I've worked in a newsroom. I know what professional journalists are like. I'll take them over the confirmation bias artists you put your trust in every time.

Did you read the article?
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 26 Feb 2017, 07:20

Which article?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 07:26

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Which article?

My newest kerfuffle starter, the article that sets the record straight about the fraud which is the White Helmets who just might receive an Academy Award. https://consortiumnews.com/2017/02/24/s ... he-oscars/

That you didn't read the article I posted just one page ago it's a wonder you can blame people like me for the fake news problem. I post things which often debunk the conventional wisdom, the mainstream version of fake news, the stuff which "government sources" tell reporters. It would behoove the mainstream news if they'd address the "alternative" stories in their reporting, ie., "Alternative sources say blah blah blah," but they skate over alternative sources as if they don't exist, as if millions of us on the internet are not reading often diametrically opposite versions. But they don't. Either they're arrogant or paid to keep certain aspects of stories secret. If i hadn't read this version of the White Helmets story I'd have thought, yes, they're wonderful life savers. Apparently they're not. Apparently they're a sham, paid millions by USAID and other government entities and are in Syria to boost the anti-Assad propaganda. Just to be sure I Googled USAID & CIA and there are tons of hits. They're in bed to overthrow an established and popular government. And that is why that Wikipedia article is "fake news" for they say the WHs get funds from USAID but then skate over the fact that USAID and the CIA work together.

You probably watch Democracy Now with Amy Goodman, right? Do you ever notice how often her reports differ from NBC's or CBS's? Is Democracy Now fake? Whose reporting do you trust more?
Question authority.

Postby ... » 26 Feb 2017, 08:23

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Ironic to have you start this thread...and unsurprising to see the slant you put on it.

Well put.

Postby ... » 26 Feb 2017, 08:27

Jimbo wrote:
It isn't about me. It's about getting the truth out about this this fake news about our dangerous and deadly foreign policy.

Did you at least watch the video? It's less than a minute. If you don't watch I will tell you. It is a video of two White Helmets hovering over a man half buried in debris. All three "actors" are perfectly still but then, as if on a silent signal from a director, the victim starts screaming in pain and the two WHs begin to drag him out. It's not a real rescue it's a movie of a rescue. This is the kind of fakery which is being used to convince the public that the White Helmets are doing such good work their film will win an Academy Award and bilk even more money from donors. Read the article for more good evidence that the White Helmets, along with our entire policy in Syria is a fraud.

"It isn't about me" - It's all about me. Me, me, me and then me some more...

"The truth" - any half baked conspiracy site that Jimbo has stumbled onto when taking a five minute break from http://www.lowcutblouses.com and then insists on dumping, shitlike on this board

"Our dangerous and deadly foreign policy" - Our dangerous and deadly foreign policy

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 08:44

fueryIre wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

"The truth" - any half baked conspiracy site that Jimbo has stumbled onto when taking a five minute break from http://www.lowcutblouses.com and then insists on dumping, shitlike on this board

"Our dangerous and deadly foreign policy" - Our dangerous and deadly foreign policy

Ignore.
Question authority.

Postby ... » 26 Feb 2017, 10:13

Jimbo wrote:
fueryIre wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Ignore.

"Ignore" - Something actually underpinned by reality and so anathema to Truthers like our Jimbo...

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 10:15

fueryIre, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Ahh.
Question authority.

Postby ... » 26 Feb 2017, 10:27

Jimbo wrote:fueryIre, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Ahh.

"Currently on your ignore list" - Not actually on your ignore list at all...

"Ahhh" - No, let's not even think about going there...

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 26 Feb 2017, 11:22

I didn't realize there was an ignore option here. Good to know, I suppose. But since it appears that only 10-15 people post on a semi-regular basis it seems a bit pointless.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 12:38

From the New York Times the news is that Thomas Perez, Obama's former labor secretary narrowly won the vote for chairman of the Democratic party and that the favorite, Congressman Keith Ellison, lost.

From The Intercept is the same story but with this opening paragraph

MINNESOTA DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSMAN Keith Ellison lost his bid to become the chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) on Saturday after a scorched-earth smear campaign targeting his religious faith, his affinity for the Nation of Islam in his youth, and his support for Palestinian rights alongside a secure Israel.

What makes the NYT fake news is that this angle is not even mentioned in their front page article. That Ellison is a Muslim or his stance on Israel is not even mentioned. That prominent Jews would leave the party would leave if Ellison won was unsaid in the Times. As I said before, a journalistic nod to this unsettling information would be valuable info but to the Times it doesn't exist and yet it is the entire angle of The Intercept's story. Is the Intercept bombastic in it's indignation over this? Maybe, a bit, but at least it is informational. The Times, fake news.
Question authority.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 26 Feb 2017, 13:13

I haven't looked at the NYT since they started allowing only a few free articles a month - so, that was a while ago. But I can't say I was ever particularly impressed by their typically status quo stance anyway, and the hyper-inflated ego boost of referring to the outlet as "the newspaper of record" was always a put-off. Perhaps there was a time when quality reporting was achieved there, but it hasn't been in my lifetime (well, since I started reading papers). The Intercept does some fabulous work, and Glen Greenwald is someone whom I hold in very high regard, but it would be disingenuous to state that they are purely a news outlet as much of what they report is also editorialized - though I must say, I do tend to agree with the perspective they put forth.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 26 Feb 2017, 13:38

On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 26 Feb 2017, 13:39

PresMuffley wrote:I didn't realize there was an ignore option here. Good to know, I suppose. But since it appears that only 10-15 people post on a semi-regular basis it seems a bit pointless.

Just remember that the two or three most prolific posters are a bit simple.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 13:41

PresMuffley wrote:I haven't looked at the NYT since they started allowing only a few free articles a month - so, that was a while ago. But I can't say I was ever particularly impressed by their typically status quo stance anyway, and the hyper-inflated ego boost of referring to the outlet as "the newspaper of record" was always a put-off. Perhaps there was a time when quality reporting was achieved there, but it hasn't been in my lifetime (well, since I started reading papers). The Intercept does some fabulous work, and Glen Greenwald is someone whom I hold in very high regard, but it would be disingenuous to state that they are purely a news outlet as much of what they report is also editorialized - though I must say, I do tend to agree with the perspective they put forth.

From aluminum tubes in Iraq to supporting the "moderate rebels" in Syria (Al Qaida) the key thing is that policy makers go to or plant stories in the Times and not the Intercept. It is the propaganda pumping organ for the military industrial complex.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2017, 14:05

Alternatively you take guy who campaigns repeatedly saying, "Free medical care, free college and fuck Wall Street," and he makes a mockery of all that high tech jive.
Question authority.

Return to “Conspiracyland”