Beyond the BCB 130 - The Manic Street Preachers

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Beyond the BCB 130 - The Manic Street Preachers

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 09:53

HOMOPHOBIC BULLY BOY wrote:Do you go on and on like this in 'real life', Copehead?

Of course, isn't not replying to people who are who are speaking directly to you considered rude?

If someone quotes what you said and adds comments then I assume that is an attempt to engage in dialogue.

Don't you?
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 09 Apr 2015, 10:24

Muse, been going over twenty years. Bigger than the Manics?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 09 Apr 2015, 10:25

Copehead wrote:
HOMOPHOBIC BULLY BOY wrote:Do you go on and on like this in 'real life', Copehead?

Of course, isn't not replying to people who are who are speaking directly to you considered rude?

If someone quotes what you said and adds comments then I assume that is an attempt to engage in dialogue.

Don't you?

I normally get the message after a while...
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 10:27

painted nails wrote:Muse, been going over twenty years. Bigger than the Manics?

Probably.

They fly under the radar a bit, never even thought of them, but they are pretty huge.

Filled the hole left by Radiohead after they went wibble.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 10:28

HOMOPHOBIC BULLY BOY wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Don't you?

I normally get the message after a while...

:?

Really?

As I said, if people write to me directly or quote me I take that as an indication that they wish to engage in dialogue, I don't see how else you could take it.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Apr 2015, 10:41

There's not set of concrete rules in BCB cope, c'mon you know that.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 10:57

In that case I shall ignore that post

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 09 Apr 2015, 10:59

Copehead wrote:If people write to me directly or quote me I take that as an indication that they wish to engage in dialogue, I don't see how else you could take it.

Depends on your definition of 'dialogue'. If that includes slanging matches and competing shouty monologues, then fair enough; another possibility that occurs to me is that they want to shut you up, but as anyone who has been on here five minutes will testify, you actually enjoy a ruck and are encouraged by oppostion.

Nothing personal here, Copey. As you know, I actually agree with you about quite a lot of things (apart from the Manics, which is why I haven't posted on this thread :) , and Bugry), but the suggestion that the polite rules of reasoned debate have any place in this nest of sister boys is a little disingenuous, no?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Apr 2015, 11:31

Copehead wrote:In that case I shall ignore that post

Well you can't ignore my post you just acknowledged it. :roll:

;) :P
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Apr 2015, 12:48

billy wrote:Shit band

Concise and correct Billy.
You don't like me...do you?

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 14:58

Rayge wrote:
Copehead wrote:If people write to me directly or quote me I take that as an indication that they wish to engage in dialogue, I don't see how else you could take it.

Depends on your definition of 'dialogue'. If that includes slanging matches and competing shouty monologues, then fair enough; another possibility that occurs to me is that they want to shut you up, but as anyone who has been on here five minutes will testify, you actually enjoy a ruck and are encouraged by oppostion.

You'd think others would have got that idea as well.

The best way to get someone to shut up is to ignore them and not engage with them surely, works with me.

Nothing personal here, Copey. As you know, I actually agree with you about quite a lot of things (apart from the Manics, which is why I haven't posted on this thread :) , and Bugry), but the suggestion that the polite rules of reasoned debate have any place in this nest of sister boys is a little disingenuous, no?

:( I thought we agreed on Bugry as well, it is OK as long as both parties give informed consent.

I like it that debate can get heated as you may have guessed.

I have been looking forward to this thread for weeks because I knew it would provoke the usual people into some extreme responses and I could have a laugh.

I still don't really understand why the Manics produce more extreme responses than say Muse, but they do and that makes it interesting to discuss them.

As usual me and Prof are right.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 15:00

Dr Markus wrote:
Copehead wrote:In that case I shall ignore that post

Well you can't ignore my post you just acknowledged it. :roll:

;) :P

How do you know I was replying to you :P

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 09 Apr 2015, 15:08

Copehead wrote:The best way to get someone to shut up is to ignore them and not engage with them surely, works with me.

I've (up to now) studiously ignored your ridiculous statements all the way through this thread, yet you're still prattling on...

Is there a second-best way I can try???
Just a penitent man

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 15:46

funky_nomad wrote:
Copehead wrote:The best way to get someone to shut up is to ignore them and not engage with them surely, works with me.

I've (up to now) studiously ignored your ridiculous statements all the way through this thread, yet you're still prattling on...

Is there a second-best way I can try???

Yes get everyone else to follow your cowardly, heads down approach :)

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 09 Apr 2015, 23:33

Angel Witch are better than Iron Maiden. :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 09 Apr 2015, 23:49

Belle Lettre wrote:Angel Witch are better than Iron Maiden. :D

Off topic :x

And so very wrong

Only Diamond Head have the right to be considered in the same breath

And possibly Spider ;)

With Rock n Roll forever will last they were obviously channeling Yoda

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 Apr 2015, 06:51

I actually think JDB is one of the most underrated music writers in Britain to be honest. Some of the manic’s music has been cach, really cach, but there’s a lot more brilliant stuff than shite. JDB has a safezone when it comes to guitar playing which he rarely moves from but it’s still better than some of the shite around now or when they first started out to their hayday after holy bible and everything must go.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 10 Apr 2015, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

mission

Postby mission » 10 Apr 2015, 06:56

Copehead wrote:I still don't really understand why the Manics produce more extreme responses than say Muse, but they do and that makes it interesting to discuss them.

You seem to have mistaken what you say about the Manic Street Preachers with the Manic Street Preachers. They are a pretty pedestrian second-division plodrock outfit who no-one really particularly has any strong feelings about. The silly things you say about them, however, do provoke responses.

And your idea of "interesting" matches your boofer-loofer kitschmensch idea of what constitutes decent music.
Goodness gracious me.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 10 Apr 2015, 09:38

Dr Markus wrote:I actually think JDB is one of the most underrated music writers in Britain to be honest. Some of the manic’s music has been cach, really cach, but there’s a lot more brilliant stuff that shite. JDB has a safezone when it comes to guitar playing which he rarely moves from but it’s still better than some of the shite around now or when they first started out to their hayday after holy bible and everything must go.

Well said Markus, this thread is really separating the BCB men from the BCB boys.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 10 Apr 2015, 09:47

mission wrote:
Copehead wrote:I still don't really understand why the Manics produce more extreme responses than say Muse, but they do and that makes it interesting to discuss them.

You seem to have mistaken what you say about the Manic Street Preachers with the Manic Street Preachers.

Frankly that is rubbish. It doesn't even mean anything.

I laid out a fairly innocuous case for them and let the vitriol flow.

8 pages now.

A thread on Muse would garner one page, generally favourable.

For some reason people seem compelled to share their hatred of MSP in great detail., it is fascinating.

They are a pretty pedestrian second-division plodrock outfit who no-one really particularly has any strong feelings about.

:lol:

Like most people who hate them you appear to have heard very little of their music.

And this very thread shows your point to be risible.

You seem to have made a BCB career out of being spectacularly and comically wrong in just about everything you write, good to see you aren't having an off day here.

Who writes a post on page 8 of a thread saying no one is interested in the thread, you are a hoot.

The silly things you say about them, however, do provoke responses.

Basically all I said is I really like the Manics, the judgement that this is silly and the undeniable compulsion to comment on that is all yours.

And your idea of "interesting" matches your boofer-loofer kitschmensch idea of what constitutes decent music.

Thank you, I think you have all the musical taste of a ten year old dish rag as well.

Return to “Beyond the 130: BCB cult acts”