BCB Cup 2022 - fange's Form Guide

An annual tradition since 2005.
fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 07 Jul 2022, 14:34

1. The Fish
A global-trotting British stallion with plenty of pedigree, and one who has mixed it with the best around the world. Has unpredictable form in the big races, but on his day could take the Cup. Has a taste for the soft country courses, which could be a handicap if the running is hard and fast. 18 - 1

2. trans-chigley express
Another British stallion, who races largely out of Hong Kong now; in his days as a colt was trained in progressive styles, but has adapted well since then to the various tracks and distances put before him. Hasn't placed yet in a Group 1 race, and will need a big showing. 22 - 1

3. Walk in my Shadow **scratched**
A Belgian stallion with a ton of experience, but yet to achieve the podium finish his fans expect of him. Has the knowledge to suit different tracks and conditions; if the pieces can fall into place could surprise a few. 20 - 1

3. Lord Rother
A late entrant to cover the scratching of Walk In My Shadow, this UK stallion will hope to make the most of his lucky break. His past training has been progressive, but it remains to be seen if he has what it takes to make a real impact in a more demanding contest like this. With a little luck out of the barrier, he may surprise a few; he certainly draws the attention of fans, and his steady, rumbling gait like a locomotive charging over the green has had many punters yelling "Run you big, big train!" May be a challenge, nevertheless. 24 - 1

4. fange
This stallion from Down Under has shown strong form in recent years, with several Group 1 wins; loves to run and is comfortable with most handicaps, including his own temperament. Has reached the heights, and according to connections competes now for the pure thrill of the contest. Strong chance for a placing. 6 - 1.

5. JC
A feisty and energetic colt (bred out of sire: Whitehaven Maven and dam: Cannoli Cutie). Has a wealth of experience and has shown very well over the years on the big courses. His backers say he has come back sharp as a tack and ready to roll. Will his blinkers be on? Time will tell; if he is on, could be right there when the post is in sight. 5 - 1

6. Mike Boom
This Kiwi/US legend has been itching to hit the grass again, and has shown many times he knows the way to the post in the big races. A classic stayer, there is some concern over his ability to hit the right stride in the more compact fields and shorter distances, but his experience cannot be discounted. Should be thereabouts near the end. 4 - 1

7. H. K-Tel
Our handy Canadian stayer has an undeniable knack for the photo finishes; has shown good form over his career, but a tendency to drop off late in races has had punters concerned. Has the pedigree, without a doubt, but may need some luck with the barrier draw. 18 - 1

8. Hatz
A seasoned Californian veteran and crowd favourite. Notorious for being last into the gates, he always tries hard to run his own race. His connections prefer to stay away from big-name money trainers, which has ultimately affected his raceday performance. A mid-field finish likely. 24 - 1

9. Jimbly
A Scottish stallion with a feisty demeanor and a heart of gold, much loved by his fans. Has shown consistent form over the years, with many a strong placing in the big races. With a bit of luck out of the barrier he could be hard to stop. 12 - 1

10. Neige
This well-trained and popular European stallion who shown plenty over his career and in particular last season, without reaching the absolute peak of his abilities according to track watchers. Given a bit of luck this could be his time. 13 - 1.

11. Timmy Toadface
A mild-mannered and energetic British stallion that loves to run but hasn't really challenged in the big races yet. Has experience and been well trained, and with the right jockey to bring his out his competitiveness could still surprise. An outside place chance with a strong start. 14 - 1

12. DD
This English stallion loves a big event, and while he has reduced his appearances his connections still think he has what it takes. His classic stayer credentials can sometimes be undermined by his unpredictable temperament, though, with several jockeys bearing the brunt of his "going postal" moments. The distance could be an issue, but a chance if he jumps to a good start and finds his rhythm. 20 - 1

13. The PCQGOD.
This sprightly yet experienced US colt loves the excitement of racedays, yet has been wildly unpredictable at times. It remains to be seen whether he can bring his best on a big occasion. His preparation will need to be spot on though, and he will likely have trouble with the classy stayers in this field. 26 - 1

14. Deebank
A hard-working UK stallion who has a strong following at the country meets, yet has found it difficult to take it to the next level at the Group 1 events. Always gives his best with blue-collar grunt, but may struggle to find the right approach; will need to produce something special in this field. 20 - 1

15. Matt
The last couple of years have been hectic for this veteran US stayer, who built his long career on no-nonsense dependable "chugging" performances, without reaching the ultimate pinnacles. Loves the harder, classic courses he grew up with, and may find it hard to adapt to this group and clime. Punters are hoping he can put in one more truly great performance. 21 - 1

16. The Modernist
A popular several-time champ, this renowned British stallion is amongst the favourites again. His impeccable breeding (Sire: Funky Mod God, Dam: Heart of Coloured Glass) and natural talents still inspire, and he has proven many times that he can handle a range of distances and fields. Should be thereabouts when the whips are cracking; look for the tan and magenta silks in the winner’s circle once more. 3 - 1.
Last edited by fange on 15 Jul 2022, 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: BCB Cup 2022 - fange's Form Guide

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jul 2022, 14:52

:lol:

Buddha bless you, fange x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 07 Jul 2022, 15:11

Think you've missed a "0" out of DD's odds.
We're way past rhubarb

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 07 Jul 2022, 15:31

:D
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 09 Jul 2022, 15:32

16 candidates for the knackers yard.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 10 Jul 2022, 02:14

Jumper K wrote:16 candidates for the knackers yard.

That's 11 for certain if I don't get their lists in the next 5 day....

(awesome stuff Ange!)
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 11 Jul 2022, 05:19

:lol: brilliant. That made me chortle, and I think the odds are spot on

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 12 Jul 2022, 00:14

Personally I suspect some entrants guilty of doping.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 12 Jul 2022, 09:09

Mike Boom wrote:Personally I suspect some entrants guilty of doping.

Some?
Jonny Spencer wrote:

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 15 Jul 2022, 10:16

The Form Guide has been updated.

Race weekend coming up!
Jonny Spencer wrote:

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 15 Jul 2022, 10:28

fange wrote:The Form Guide has been updated.

Race weekend coming up!

We have a late replacement coming out of gate number 3 though....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 15 Jul 2022, 11:12

Updated, mate!
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 16 Jul 2022, 10:49

fange wrote:BCB Cup 2022 - fange's Form Guide

14. Deebank
A hard-working UK stallion who has a strong following at the country meets, yet has found it difficult to take it to the next level at the Group 1 events. Always gives his best with blue-collar grunt, but may struggle to find the right approach; will need to produce something special in this field. 20 - 1

Surprisingly fair and accurate... apart from the first bit. :)

I strongly suspect I haven't done nearly enough.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 16 Jul 2022, 15:41

Who the fuck are you calling "feisty"?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 18 Jul 2022, 21:14

fange wrote:
11. Timmy Toadface
A mild-mannered and energetic British stallion that loves to run but hasn't really challenged in the big races yet.

I'll have you know I narrowly lost the semi-final last time I ran!
Bugger off.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 18 Jul 2022, 21:41

Rorschach wrote:
fange wrote:
11. Timmy Toadface
A mild-mannered and energetic British stallion that loves to run but hasn't really challenged in the big races yet.

I'll have you know I narrowly lost the semi-final last time I ran!

Apologies, my research is not always what it should be, i'm usually a music/entertainment reporter! :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 18 Jul 2022, 21:44

And i'm loving Jumper K's commitment to the racing analogy in his comments - nice showing, Frank. :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Jul 2022, 15:57

Only just seen this!

Very good indeed Fange,,,how about updated odds for the smaller field?

By the way, I don't really care who wins but...please..just make sure it's not that old scrote The Fish... I shall have to fall off my chair in honour, should he do so.
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 29 Jul 2022, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 29 Jul 2022, 15:59

Diamond Dog wrote:Only just seen this!

Very good indded Fange,,,how about updated odds for the smaller field?

By the way, I don't really care who wins but...please..just make sure it's not that old scrote The Fish... I shall have to fall off my chair in honour, should he do so.

:D
We're way past rhubarb

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 21 Aug 2022, 16:10

Diamond Dog wrote:

Your wish is granted. This is the point where you say you forgot to vote in the final and would have voted for me just to really rub it in :D
We're way past rhubarb

Return to “The Official BCB Cup”