Your discoveries?

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Your discoveries?

Postby Neige » 25 Dec 2011, 17:02

I sincerely hope it wasn't like this for all participants...

Neil Jung wrote:Nope - I just vote for the ones I know!

BlueXmas wrote:I've generally voted based on what I knew; not enough time to check everything out.

I've listened to most things I wasn't familiar with. The one thing that made me go out and buy an album was Opeth. And I've ordered Locomotive today.

Other "unknowns" I really liked were Pineapple Thief, Steven Wilson, FM, Mandy Moore...

Thanks for turning me on to them, folks!
Last edited by Neige on 25 Dec 2011, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

BlueMeanie

Re: Your discoveries?

Postby BlueMeanie » 25 Dec 2011, 17:31

Neige wrote:I sincerely hope it wasn't like this for all participants...

Neil Jung wrote:Nope - I just vote for the ones I know!

BlueXmas wrote:I've generally voted based on what I knew; not enough time to check everything out.

I've listened to most things I wasn't familiar with. The one thing that made me go out and buy an album was Opeth.

Other unknowns I really liked were Pineapple Thief, Steven Wilson, FM, Locomotive, Mandy Moore...

Thanks for turning me on to them, folks!

I've listened to some, but there have been quite a few things that I didn't know, and there just isn't time to listen to everything. I do think it's important to put Youtube links in to make it more convenient.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

algroth

Postby algroth » 25 Dec 2011, 17:41

I never heard Groundhogs till the beginning of this poll. That's one which really stood out for me. Quite liked Cressida as well, and Diagonal was very interesting. There are more, but mostly these three stuck with me.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 27 Dec 2011, 07:43

I haven't had time listen to everything I'm not familiar with in any depth but have tried to sample stuff to get an idea if it's for me or not and have found quite a few things I really liked. A bunch of European stuff that algroth posted for one and the Harmonium track from another list. I liked the Mandy Moore one too. Really liked that Decemberists track as well, like a 21st century Steeleye Span.

algroth

Postby algroth » 04 Jan 2012, 18:04

A quick correction - it's Mandy More, people, not Mandy Moore. Please don't scare me.

Return to “2011 BCB Cup”