BCB Cup 2011 The final - The Modernist Age!

Ranking Ted

Re: BCB Cup 2011 The final - The Modernist Age!

Postby Ranking Ted » 20 Mar 2011, 23:23

Well done to G, a most deserving winner. Well done too to Bleep for a great list and to Andrew for his sterling organisational efforts.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 21 Mar 2011, 00:54

Well done to both finalists - an engrossing match between two terrific lists. And thanks again to the Masked Man, excellent job!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 21 Mar 2011, 05:26

Well done Modernist, it was truly a very good list indeed, and I'm pleased you won, although I voted for Bleep's, there was nothing between them.
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Mar 2011, 05:42

C
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Zilth Pilchards

Postby Zilth Pilchards » 21 Mar 2011, 09:30

Well done Modernist,I didn't vote for your list but you're a deserving winner.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Mar 2011, 12:41

There is hope for BCB after all. Jennings victory is a victory for all the non-nextdoorlanders.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 21 Mar 2011, 12:50

neville harp wrote:There is hope for BCB after all. Jennings victory is a victory for all the non-nextdoorlanders.

You must admit 'Jennings' came well-prepared.

The Modernist wrote:This year the gloves will be off and the troops will be rallied.
And to signal my intent, I shall be returning to my classic username and avator for the duration of the cup. So no messin'!

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=99081
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Mar 2011, 12:53

Jeff K wrote:
neville harp wrote:There is hope for BCB after all. Jennings victory is a victory for all the non-nextdoorlanders.

You must admit 'Jennings' came well-prepared.

The Modernist wrote:This year the gloves will be off and the troops will be rallied.
And to signal my intent, I shall be returning to my classic username and avator for the duration of the cup. So no messin'!

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=99081

Is it too much to hope that our sweet prince may allow himself a lap of honour under his Jennings guise to appease the clamouring masses?

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Postby Matty Red Sox » 21 Mar 2011, 13:05

Congrats!
the Eagles suck.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Mar 2011, 13:08

Where the hell is he anyway?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 21 Mar 2011, 13:09

neville harp wrote:Is it too much to hope that our sweet prince may allow himself a lap of honour under his Jennings guise to appease the clamouring masses?

That won't be for awhile now that he's riding the crest of popularity under his Modernist nickname. He'll milk it for all its worth.

Where is the Champion anyway? He hasn't been seen or commented on his victory since the cup's completion. Most likely taking a well-deserved rest on the French Riviera with some super models. The competition must have been draining for him, the poor boy.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Mar 2011, 13:25

Jeff K wrote:Where is the Champion anyway? He hasn't been seen or commented on his victory since the cup's completion. Most likely taking a well-deserved rest on the French Riviera with some super models. The competition must have been draining for him, the poor boy.

I'm sure that the energy and digital dexterity it took to compose and send thousands of PM's begging us to vote for his list necessitated a break of a few days.

whodathunkit

Postby whodathunkit » 21 Mar 2011, 13:27

Jeff K wrote:Where is the Champion anyway? He hasn't been seen or commented on his victory since the cup's completion.

Moving into the Pantheon. That John_K probably left it in a right old state. A three-skip job at least!

Well done Moddie.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 21 Mar 2011, 13:28

Well I'm glad that's over!

I've said in the past that I'd never have a chance of winning as my taste was too outside the BCB mainstream -so what happened this year? I really don't know, but there seemed to be a shift in the way people were voting, so lists I liked were progressing. Whereas in the past I often found myself voting with 30-40% of the board, this year it seemed 50-50. In the past it was often the more groove orientated lists that suffered, but that wasn't the case this year and those kind of lists were doing well.
Thanks to Bleep for some nice comments and a very adventurous list that captured people's imaginations. If he hadn't gone so far out with his final five then he would probably have won the final, but he went out on a statement of intent.
Wilson is talking a load of old cobblers when he calls it an NME list, the likes of Lonnie Liston Smith, Leon Thomas or Art Blakey weren't being written about in the NME I can assure you. I did try and make my initial ten a bit wider in appeal while retaining my core musical identity. As the competition progressed my list became more familiar as something I might compile. At every stage I thought I'd be defeated but often I benefitted from a nice draw and kept squeezing through.
Thanks for the support from a number of people throughout the competition and I hope those that were more disparaging could at least find some things to dig.
Lastly thanks to The Masked Man for organising the longest one yet, it must have been quite a trial!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Mar 2011, 16:17

The Modernist wrote:Well I'm glad that's over!

I've said in the past that I'd never have a chance of winning as my taste was too outside the BCB mainstream -so what happened this year? I really don't know, but there seemed to be a shift in the way people were voting, so lists I liked were progressing. Whereas in the past I often found myself voting with 30-40% of the board, this year it seemed 50-50. In the past it was often the more groove orientated lists that suffered, but that wasn't the case this year and those kind of lists were doing well.
Thanks to Bleep for some nice comments and a very adventurous list that captured people's imaginations. If he hadn't gone so far out with his final five then he would probably have won the final, but he went out on a statement of intent.
Wilson is talking a load of old cobblers when he calls it an NME list, the likes of Lonnie Liston Smith, Leon Thomas or Art Blakey weren't being written about in the NME I can assure you. I did try and make my initial ten a bit wider in appeal while retaining my core musical identity. As the competition progressed my list became more familiar as something I might compile. At every stage I thought I'd be defeated but often I benefitted from a nice draw and kept squeezing through.
Thanks for the support from a number of people throughout the competition and I hope those that were more disparaging could at least find some things to dig.
Lastly thanks to The Masked Man for organising the longest one yet, it must have been quite a trial!

Yeah, yeah enough already. :roll:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Mar 2011, 17:27

Pernille Birk Larsen wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Well I'm glad that's over!

Yeah, yeah enough already. :roll:

You'd think he dismantled a bomb or something.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 21 Mar 2011, 18:27

Am I not allowed to reply to my own thread? :roll: :roll:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Mar 2011, 18:46

Pay them no mind, G. They're just jealous. Revel in it! Bask in the glory! You've got a full year starting now!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Mar 2011, 19:33

The Modernist wrote:Am I not allowed to reply to my own thread? :roll: :roll:

No

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyway if you're so great, who killed Nanna Birk Larsen, hmm?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Return to “2011 BCB Cup”