BCB Cup 2011 Round 3 Tie 14 - The Dog? Bollocks!

The Modernist

Re: BCB Cup 2011 Round 3 Tie 14 - The Dog? Bollocks!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Feb 2011, 10:44

It's a likable enough pop song, no classic, but I always find it odd the way people react against pop music on here.

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 26 Feb 2011, 10:50

It's pretty inoffensive really, and not the reason I didn't vote for Pete's list. That would have been that bloody awful Denny Laine version of Say You Don't Mind. (Yes I do know he wrote it.)
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 26 Feb 2011, 11:10

Diamond Dog wrote:
martha wrote:It was Girls Aloud that decided the matter for me. Sorry Pete.

I wonder how many of you saynayers actually took the time to listen to that track? I mean, I know it's Girls Aloud, and I'm sure some of the intelligensia would feel a bit grubby letting such grime into their homes, but - please- just try it. It's a wonderful piece of pop fluff - and, you know what, it's a huge relaxation from the Deerhoof's and Airborne Toxic Waste's of your miserable worlds. Why, it may actually make you smile and even trill along..............of course, Martha, you may have already listened to it. In which case, this isn't aimed at you. But I will guarantee that some confessing to actively dislike the track haven't bothered to listen to it, because it is somehow beneath their sensibilities. Your loss, not mine.

You should know what happens if you try to introduce a nice pop song like Girl's Aloud, Avril Lavigne, Pink or even Madonna on to your BCB cup list by now Pete

It's all

:o :geek: :o :geek: :o :geek: :o :ugeek: :o :ugeek: :o :ugeek:

Stick to Fllet Foxes, The Decemberists and Iron and Wine.

For some reason All Saints seem pretty immine or perhaps people haven't realised there is an All Saints song doing the rounds.

Of course once this music gets 30-40 years of hindsight the same people absolutely love it, but they need to be allowed to love it by distance and other people telling them it is now a classic
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 26 Feb 2011, 12:50

OK I'll own up and say I voted for Pete originally despite Girls Aloud, but having played the link it is indeed a cracking pop tune.

However you voted against my list so you are still a cloth eared twat.
We're way past rhubarb

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 26 Feb 2011, 17:19

It's monumental hubris to assume that, on a list containing SAHB, The Killers, The Stands, Sarabeth Tucek, Richard Hawley, Denny Laine and Wah, it was Girls Aloud who lost the tie for DD.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Ranking Ted

Postby Ranking Ted » 26 Feb 2011, 17:51

neville harp wrote:It's monumental hubris to assume that, on a list containing SAHB, The Killers, The Stands, Sarabeth Tucek, Richard Hawley, Denny Laine and Wah, it was Girls Aloud who lost the tie for DD.

The Girls Aloud track (not their bet - that'd be the miracle that is Biology) certainly didn't make me vote against it. As I said in my reply, while there certainly were tracks I enjoyed on DD's list, he was just unfortunately up against a very strong opponent, probably the one to avoid in the next round.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 26 Feb 2011, 23:53

Rank Bajin wrote:The Girls Aloud track (not their bet - that'd be the miracle that is Biology) .

No, the best would be Something Kinda Ooohhh
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 27 Feb 2011, 00:00

Copehead wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
martha wrote:It was Girls Aloud that decided the matter for me. Sorry Pete.

I wonder how many of you saynayers actually took the time to listen to that track? I mean, I know it's Girls Aloud, and I'm sure some of the intelligensia would feel a bit grubby letting such grime into their homes, but - please- just try it. It's a wonderful piece of pop fluff - and, you know what, it's a huge relaxation from the Deerhoof's and Airborne Toxic Waste's of your miserable worlds. Why, it may actually make you smile and even trill along..............of course, Martha, you may have already listened to it. In which case, this isn't aimed at you. But I will guarantee that some confessing to actively dislike the track haven't bothered to listen to it, because it is somehow beneath their sensibilities. Your loss, not mine.

You should know what happens if you try to introduce a nice pop song like Girl's Aloud, Avril Lavigne, Pink or even Madonna on to your BCB cup list by now Pete

It's all

:o :geek: :o :geek: :o :geek: :o :ugeek: :o :ugeek: :o :ugeek:

Stick to Fllet Foxes, The Decemberists and Iron and Wine.

For some reason All Saints seem pretty immine or perhaps people haven't realised there is an All Saints song doing the rounds.

Of course once this music gets 30-40 years of hindsight the same people absolutely love it, but they need to be allowed to love it by distance and other people telling them it is now a classic

I had Fleet Foxes last year and got absolutely flamed.. you'll get further with Girls Aloud.
Fishstick selling fuck

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 27 Feb 2011, 00:41

Clint Planet wrote:
neville harp wrote:It's monumental hubris to assume that, on a list containing SAHB, The Killers, The Stands, Sarabeth Tucek, Richard Hawley, Denny Laine and Wah, it was Girls Aloud who lost the tie for DD.

Why?

They're a bit shit, innit?

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 27 Feb 2011, 11:11

Tapiocahead wrote:I had Fleet Foxes last year and got absolutely flamed.. you'll get further with Girls Aloud.

I refuse to let facts get in the way of a good rant in support of Pete.

I was traduced and hounded out of the cup when I tried to introduce to the philistines to Sk8ter Boi by Avril Lavigne a few years back.
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Feb 2011, 09:11

I'd love to meet you in person.

If only to admire the lobotomy scars.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Feb 2011, 09:14

The Fish wrote:OK I'll own up and say I voted for Pete originally despite Girls Aloud, but having played the link it is indeed a cracking pop tune.

However you voted against my list so you are still a cloth eared twat.

:lol:

At least you were honest enough to admit it, Paul, fair play to you.
Cocaine

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 28 Feb 2011, 13:23

Diamond Dog wrote:

I'd love to help you out DD, but fear that, even if you start out looking for my scars your gaze will suddenly shift to my deep brown eyes, girly eyelashes and chiseled, yet strangely feminine features and then what? Another BCB wedding - no fucking thanks pal. Anyway, I'm not walking up the aisle to the Destoyer version of The Rover/Sick Again.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Feb 2011, 14:40

neville harp wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

I'd love to help you out DD, but fear that, even if you start out looking for my scars your gaze will suddenly shift to my deep brown eyes, girly eyelashes and chiseled, yet strangely feminine features and then what? Another BCB wedding - no fucking thanks pal. Anyway, I'm not walking up the aisle to the Destoyer version of The Rover/Sick Again.

And you pass comment on my taste?
Cocaine

Return to “2011 BCB Cup”