Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 47

Brickyard Jack

Have you had covid poll

Postby Brickyard Jack » 02 Mar 2022, 16:32

Taking this board as a representative sample, who has had covid and who not, so far as you are aware? It doesn't matter whether or when you have been inoculated.

Flower

Re: Have you had covid poll

Postby Flower » 02 Mar 2022, 17:03

No
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

John_K
driven by lists

Postby John_K » 02 Mar 2022, 17:03

Yes

Tested positive in January '21, completely flattened for 3 weeks, and I'd say it was July/August before I started to feel back to my usual self...

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 02 Mar 2022, 17:33

I think this is my first covid poll actually.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 Mar 2022, 17:34

No but I don't believe the tests.
In December I drove my nephew home from college in upstate new york - about a 4 hour ride.
His roommate had tested positive a few days before I drove him home.
He was tested negative on the day I picked him up but when he got home he was tested again and was positive.
He had a massive headache, chills and mild cold for the next few days.
So I got tested a few days later and was negative.
However, I had his same symptoms - massive headache, chills and a mild cold.
I got tested again a few more days and was negative?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 02 Mar 2022, 18:46

Not yet, not to my knowledge. Have done three domestic flights and one international flight, managed to walk between the raindrops. Though I’ve felt safer in airports (and certainly in international terminals) than certain places in TX.
Last edited by BARON CORNY DOG on 02 Mar 2022, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 02 Mar 2022, 18:54

Not sure - I was never tested positive, but had a week of atypical flu a month ago (losing the sense of smelll - it hasnt come back completely yet)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 02 Mar 2022, 19:26

Neige wrote:Not sure - I was never tested positive, but had a week of atypical flu a month ago (losing the sense of smelll - it hasnt come back completely yet)

I think you might be a yes - they say the smell/taste thing is a more determinative symptom than a high temp.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 02 Mar 2022, 20:05

No
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 03 Mar 2022, 06:51

No. It’s been in the house 3 times but I’ve not even had a sniffle.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 03 Mar 2022, 15:17

der Freiherr wrote:Not yet, not to my knowledge. Have done three domestic flights and one international flight, managed to walk between the raindrops. Though I’ve felt safer in airports (and certainly in international terminals) than certain places in TX.

I should add that it’s no mistake that we’ve walked between the raindrops. We’ve been vastly more vigilant than most of the population, but there’s a thin slice of people who have obviously been even more cautious. Also, we don’t have jobs that require interaction with others and don’t have kids, which makes it less complicated.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 03 Mar 2022, 15:45

Not to my knowledge. I had a mild URI in December with a negative home test. No fever or loss of smell so who knows? Rebecca didn’t get whatever I had so I don’t think it was covid. Being retired made it a lot easier to isolate throughout this ordeal and I was hell bent on not getting it.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 03 Mar 2022, 15:56

der Freiherr wrote:
der Freiherr wrote:Not yet, not to my knowledge. Have done three domestic flights and one international flight, managed to walk between the raindrops. Though I’ve felt safer in airports (and certainly in international terminals) than certain places in TX.

I should add that it’s no mistake that we’ve walked between the raindrops. We’ve been vastly more vigilant than most of the population, but there’s a thin slice of people who have obviously been even more cautious. Also, we don’t have jobs that require interaction with others and don’t have kids, which makes it less complicated.

Yes, in my family (me, wife, teenager) we have been reasonably cautious but not excessively so. I was running my class at school all through both the UK lockdowns, but would sanitise my hands and wear a mask on transport and in shops. Lots of kids and staff at my teenager’s school have tested positive. But none of us have, or shown symptoms. Yet.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Mar 2022, 16:04

Nope.
My ex and both daughters tested positive over the Christmas holidays though.

I think the alcohol kills the covid in my system.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 03 Mar 2022, 16:43

Matt Wilson wrote:

Very “On the beach”.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Mar 2022, 17:06

Positive Passion wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:

Very “On the beach”.

Well, at first I believed our president about how to combat the virus, so it actually could have been "on the bleach."

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 03 Mar 2022, 20:58

Lucky enough to work from home and being a grumpy , antisocial type so no Covid here.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 04 Mar 2022, 14:24

About 1/3rd of the UK population have had it, apparently. The poll is fairly representative at the moment.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 04 Mar 2022, 16:14

I believe I might have had covid very early on, around late Feb 2020. I went to a sales meeting in Belgium on 2nd / 3rd Feb ... at that point we were becoming more aware that something was happening regarding the virus and that it was spreading. But relatively little was sure at that point. The sales meeting was attended by around 70 - 80 people from all around Europe, including three guys from the Milan area of Italy, which if you remember at the time was the worst hit area of Europe at the start of the pandemic, as well as colleagues from France and Spain, where the pandmeic also struck early. Of course there was no distancing at that time, we were all sitting in the bar together etc. A few days after getting home I got a bit snotty and developed a persistent cough which lasted for some time. After about a week or so I started getting a tightness in my chest, to the extent that getting out of an armchair actually hurt. This was of course very worrying at the time, because the symptoms of covid were not widely known at that stage and my immediate thought about chest tightness was of course more heart related. This continued for about 2 weeks, when the tightness just suddenly disappeared, like it had literally been lifted off me. But it was replaced by a loss of taste and smell ... even strong spicy food had no flavour for about a week or so. That is the main reason why I think I may have had it at that point. The main symptoms I didn't have at the time were the fever and shortness of breath, which are the main reasons why I still have a doubt about whether I had it. Bear in mind at that point there were no testing kits or covid test centres available.

So have I had covid? Probably. Have I ever tested positive for covid? No.
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 06 Mar 2022, 19:19

Not to my knowledge. I've felt sick a few times since this started, but no classic Covid symptoms, and symptoms present quickly passed.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Nextdoorland”