Bye bye BoJo the clown

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Bye bye BoJo the clown

Postby Deebank » 12 Jan 2022, 14:46

How long has he got do you reckon? Days? Weeks? Hours? Or months maybe?

Keith must be loving it. For the first time in forever he's in a win/win situation. If Johnson is booted out, great! If he manages to hang on, even better!

There's not really anyone obvious to succeed him though - they are an unmitigated shower of cunts and I doubt any of them will be too keen the inherit the poisoned chalice.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Re: Bye bye BoJo the clown

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 12 Jan 2022, 14:52

Keith who?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 12 Jan 2022, 15:22

Keith Richards

Anyway, I don't get out my "at last we can move forward" hat until the 1922 committee has actually finished singing.
The forces of Conservatism are very strong.

And it isn't about inheriting a poisoned chalice for people like Gove. He would just love to be PM, just to be able to say it. None of them have a long term vision of what they want the UK to look like. Even being rubbish at it will not harm his ability to pick up directorships and consultancies.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Jan 2022, 15:26

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Keith who?

It's what leftist smartarses call Keir Starmer.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 12 Jan 2022, 15:30

I quite liked that nice David Cameron
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Jan 2022, 15:33

Minnie Cheddars wrote:I quite liked that nice David Cameron

It's all his fault really.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jan 2022, 15:35

Deebank wrote:How long has he got do you reckon? Days? Weeks? Hours? Or months maybe?

Keith must be loving it. For the first time in forever he's in a win/win situation. If Johnson is booted out, great! If he manages to hang on, even better!

There's not really anyone obvious to succeed him though - they are an unmitigated shower of cunts and I doubt any of them will be too keen the inherit the poisoned chalice.

I think he's going nowhere unfortunately.

Who in their right mind would want the job ?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Jan 2022, 15:36

Samoan wrote:
Deebank wrote:How long has he got do you reckon? Days? Weeks? Hours? Or months maybe?

Liz Truss seems up for it... God help us!

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 12 Jan 2022, 16:02

Must have missed something. What's happened? Is it still about those parties in 2020??
On this side of the pond we don't hear that much about the UK these days, unless it involves the house of Saxe-Coburg. Mind you, considering the scandals and his conduct, Prince Andrew would make a great PM.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 12 Jan 2022, 16:09

Deebank wrote:

Brexit is his fault, as is the state of the NHS. Tory incompetence, sleaze and one rule for us and another for them were around long before DC. Johnson really does take the biscuit though. History will look back at a con-man who took the piss, allowed to get away with it by a party which always puts its own interests ahead of the country's and a compliant printed media stoking fears of something unspecified which would be caused by a Labour govt.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jan 2022, 16:10

The kimono-wearing, fox-killing lawyer is after him -

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 12 Jan 2022, 18:37

Just read a bit about it: he apologized, he groveled, he got some stick. Business as usual next week.
Much ado about nothing.

Although that Cameron fellow was a spoilt-rotten upper class egotistical Eton twat, he probably was your best PM this century so far. But yes, he laid the seeds for Brexit but not because he wanted to but because he overestimated his position. He bluffed with what he thought was a winnable hand.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jan 2022, 18:50

Interesting.
There was a clearly hastily-thrown-together mini party political broadcast at 6.30pm.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Jan 2022, 20:21

Deebank wrote:

even covid?
You don't like me...do you?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Jan 2022, 20:24

Samoan wrote:

Indeed. If there was anything worth having up for grabs, Gove and Raab would be all over this like a rash. But there is nothing to gained from the next year or two as PM. Just more covid. more Brexit fall out, and more inflation to explain. It is the proverbial dead cat. I would suspect bozo is safe for now. It isn't as if we have an opposition, unless you count Piers Corbyn and his fart brigade.
You don't like me...do you?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 13 Jan 2022, 12:40

mudshark wrote:he laid the seeds for Brexit but not because he wanted to but because he overestimated his position. He bluffed with what he thought was a winnable hand.

He did a bit more than lay the seeds. He called the unnecessary referendum as he thought he'd lose votes to UKIP in the following GE - and lost.
The effects for just about everyone* in the UK have ranged from mildly inconvenient to absolutely catastrophic.

I think the reason a few of the front runners to replace him have kept quiet up to now is they remember Heseltine pushing out Thatcher only to lose the leadership to John Major. They're waiting for someone else to make the first move.

* not counting the super rich and the disaster capitalists.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 13 Jan 2022, 16:49

Prof, that's what I meant with 'laying the seeds'. All that Brexit shit wouldn't have happened if Cameron hadn't agreed to that referendum which he only did because he had no doubt he'd prevail. Enter Cummings, Nigel, Cambridge Analytical and before you knew it Boris was your uncle.

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 14 Jan 2022, 16:27

Deebank wrote:they are an unmitigated shower of cunts

That sums up my opinion of just about all politicians to be honest
Mostly dancing sir,...

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 Jan 2022, 16:47

Except Mutti of course. Don't fuck with Mutti.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 14 Jan 2022, 23:16

mudshark wrote:Except Mutti of course. Don't fuck with Mutti.

I promise I won't, but who is it? Mutti is a brand of tomato based products as far as I know.
Bugger off.