Would you Tweet about your good works ?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Would you Tweet about your good works ?

Postby Samoan » 03 Jan 2022, 15:33

From his Twitter account alone, a Gaurdian news article has been generated from what I can deduce.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/30/trainspotter-son-nine-save-man-taunton-station

Would you Tweet such as this or would you hide your light under a bushel ?

https://twitter.com/nickolls_andy/statu ... 2655965184
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Positive Passion

Re: Would you Tweet about your good works ?

Postby Positive Passion » 03 Jan 2022, 19:25

As a general rule, I hide my light under a bushel, and/or do not let my left hand know what right hand was doing.

However there are definitely times when you have to use your own actions or attitudes for some bigger reason - say as an example to others, or to let other people know they are not alone, or to raise awareness about wider issues or others deserving of credit - and you just have to live with the more cynical thinking you are doing it out of self-aggrandisement.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Jan 2022, 11:26

What PosPas said.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 04 Jan 2022, 14:41

In this case I don't think the guy was showing off particularly; just tweeting about something significant that had happened to him.
If I still did Facebook I'm sure I would post about it if it happened to me.
But with more swearing.
Bugger off.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 04 Jan 2022, 14:48

I'll get back to you if I ever do a good work.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Jan 2022, 12:08

Rorschach wrote:In this case I don't think the guy was showing off particularly; just tweeting about something significant that had happened to him.

I disagree and why would he wear his Paramedic uniform in what looks like a kitchen for the Guardian photo ?
He's still registered to practice but sits on a board and is not working as one on a daily basis, according to the gist of the article as I read it.
Last edited by Samoan on 06 Jan 2022, 12:56, edited 2 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 06 Jan 2022, 12:44

Samoan wrote:
Rorschach wrote:In this case I don't think the guy was showing off particularly; just tweeting about something significant that had happened to him.

I disagree and why is he wearing his Paramedic uniform in his kitchen for the Guardian photo ?
He's still registered to practice but sits on a board and is not working as one on a daily basis, according to the gist of the article as I read it.

Well, if you disagree, so be it. Neither of us actually knows his motivation so I certainly can't say you're wrong, but I do think you're being a little harsh.

As for the uniform, again, I have no idea. Maybe the Guardian asked him to wear it for the photo? Who knows?
Bugger off.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 15 Jan 2022, 00:21

Or maybe its an old photo?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 15 Jan 2022, 00:27

I agree that if a positive act alerts attention to something, that's a good thing. Austin has a great wildlife rescue centre that will take literally anything you bring in but they always need donations to operate on and rehabilitate animals. I've taken rats from traps, tiny possum babies (the ones in the pouch that look likejello) from the pouch of their dead mother, stunned hummingbirds, all sorts. Every time I do and post about it someone will be in touch and say hey, I took something there because of what you posted, and that sort of thing. I've also had a lot of people donate too.

But I don't have a Twitter account so this is all quite besides the point!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.