I have quit Pepsi for good

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Nov 2021, 19:29

It will probably level out.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18884
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby trans-chigley express » 16 Nov 2021, 04:15

souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


I've lost 2 to 3 kg in weight from loss of moisture during a 24hr ultra marathon - which is quickly replaced 24 hours later from hydrating and eating - but to lose that much just from drinking less over a few days without exercise is quite a stretch unless he drank gallons of the stuff and never replaced it with any other liquid.

User avatar
50 Shades Of Blue
Posts: 1870
Joined: 21 Aug 2003, 17:43
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 16 Nov 2021, 10:43

GoogaMooga wrote:
souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


Well, it was what the scale said, digital, too. And half a kilo per day since then.


That is amazing. Keep it going Googs.
I drink 7 or 8 mugs of tea everyday. A great drink. 95% hot water.
However, I probably need to find your new found discipline to stop eating excessive amounts of biscuits and crisps!!!
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses
As if i give a fuck
At best i think they suck

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Nov 2021, 12:32

trans-chigley express wrote:
souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


I've lost 2 to 3 kg in weight from loss of moisture during a 24hr ultra marathon - which is quickly replaced 24 hours later from hydrating and eating - but to lose that much just from drinking less over a few days without exercise is quite a stretch unless he drank gallons of the stuff and never replaced it with any other liquid.


I was as high as ten cans a day. So, to go from ten to zero is a big leap.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Nov 2021, 12:32

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


Well, it was what the scale said, digital, too. And half a kilo per day since then.


That is amazing. Keep it going Googs.
I drink 7 or 8 mugs of tea everyday. A great drink. 95% hot water.
However, I probably need to find your new found discipline to stop eating excessive amounts of biscuits and crisps!!!


Good luck, Shades, you can do it !
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
50 Shades Of Blue
Posts: 1870
Joined: 21 Aug 2003, 17:43
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 16 Nov 2021, 16:26

GoogaMooga wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


I've lost 2 to 3 kg in weight from loss of moisture during a 24hr ultra marathon - which is quickly replaced 24 hours later from hydrating and eating - but to lose that much just from drinking less over a few days without exercise is quite a stretch unless he drank gallons of the stuff and never replaced it with any other liquid.


I was as high as ten cans a day. So, to go from ten to zero is a big leap.


10 cans a day!
Your lucky you still have a stomach .........and teeth/tooth enamel.
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses

As if i give a fuck

At best i think they suck

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Nov 2021, 17:03

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:

10 cans a day!
Your lucky you still have a stomach .........and teeth/tooth enamel.


I've got a mouth full of plastic. My dentist says I am a good customer. :D
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18884
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 Nov 2021, 01:53

GoogaMooga wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


I've lost 2 to 3 kg in weight from loss of moisture during a 24hr ultra marathon - which is quickly replaced 24 hours later from hydrating and eating - but to lose that much just from drinking less over a few days without exercise is quite a stretch unless he drank gallons of the stuff and never replaced it with any other liquid.


I was as high as ten cans a day. So, to go from ten to zero is a big leap.


Christ! That is a lot of Pepsi, very nearly a gallon. I'm surprised you're still alive :lol:

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18884
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 Nov 2021, 02:07

Rorschach wrote:
I'm not sure what 'mild' fruit juice is but remember that fruit juice in general is almost as bad as fizzy drinks (though I've never heard of it causing kidney stones!). Both types of drinks are just sugary water.


Agreed, fruit juice should only be taken in small doses. It's far better for you to eat the actual fruit instead.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 17 Nov 2021, 02:26

trans-chigley express wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
I'm not sure what 'mild' fruit juice is but remember that fruit juice in general is almost as bad as fizzy drinks (though I've never heard of it causing kidney stones!). Both types of drinks are just sugary water.


Agreed, fruit juice should only be taken in small doses. It's far better for you to eat the actual fruit instead.


Yes, fruit juice can go as high as 10 g of sugar (fructose) per 100 ml.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 11876
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby John aka Josh » 17 Nov 2021, 22:57

GoogaMooga wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
I'm not sure what 'mild' fruit juice is but remember that fruit juice in general is almost as bad as fizzy drinks (though I've never heard of it causing kidney stones!). Both types of drinks are just sugary water.


Agreed, fruit juice should only be taken in small doses. It's far better for you to eat the actual fruit instead.


Yes, fruit juice can go as high as 10 g of sugar (fructose) per 100 ml.





Fruit juices can contain a large amount of acid, also not great for teeth.
Image

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 18 Nov 2021, 07:18

John aka Josh wrote:Fruit juices can contain a large amount of acid, also not great for teeth.


You bet!
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 14843
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: Zummerzet
Contact:

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby Rayge » 18 Nov 2021, 11:07

GoogaMooga wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?


I've lost 2 to 3 kg in weight from loss of moisture during a 24hr ultra marathon - which is quickly replaced 24 hours later from hydrating and eating - but to lose that much just from drinking less over a few days without exercise is quite a stretch unless he drank gallons of the stuff and never replaced it with any other liquid.


I was as high as ten cans a day. So, to go from ten to zero is a big leap.


So that's 350gm of sugar per day you are no longer consuming - 1750 calories a day. I'd think that has more to do with the weight loss than loss of fluid, especially as the dosage of caffeine in ten cans would have acted as a powerful diuretic.

And that fog you were talking about, Googs, suggests to me caffeine withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal kicks in early for caffeine users, but the symptoms don't last more than a few days, which is why you are feeling so much better now.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 18 Nov 2021, 12:14

Yes, Rayge, the fog is completely gone.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 18884
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby trans-chigley express » 20 Nov 2021, 09:57

Rayge wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
I was as high as ten cans a day. So, to go from ten to zero is a big leap.


So that's 350gm of sugar per day you are no longer consuming - 1750 calories a day. I'd think that has more to do with the weight loss than loss of fluid, especially as the dosage of caffeine in ten cans would have acted as a powerful diuretic.
.

I thought he drank the sugar-free stuff. The sugar-loaded cans will be even worse, that's a massive amount of sugar.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 20 Nov 2021, 10:07

The quick weight loss has leveled off, in fact I have gained a kilo, as I have gotten my appetite back.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 66292
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby C » Yesterday, 16:20

I love the way you Americans call them 'sodas'

I suppose us Brits just call them 'soft drinks'. But thinking about it that is a poor definition

Because a soft drink is a drink that usually contains water (often carbonated), a sweetener, and a natural and/or artificial flavouring.

But not always fizzy

So a non-fizzy soft drink would be an orange squash

When I was growing up, in the 50s/early 60s, they were called 'fizzy pop' or just 'pop'

Some areas of the country may still use the term 'pop' but I haven't heard it for decades

Anyway.

Incidentally Googs, how much coke were you drinking a day....?




.
John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:Covid....?!

nah, strictly corvids and to a lesser degree Corbyns.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » Today, 01:56

C wrote:Incidentally Googs, how much coke were you drinking a day....?




.


Anywhere from five to ten cans per 24 hour day. I don't miss it now. In fact, a friend offered to share a can of Coca-Cola a few days ago, and I discovered it did nothing for me, that I had developed a distaste for it. I was a big fan of Pepsi-Cola, even had one of those old-timey, kitschy Pepsi-Cola mirrors on my window sill in my kitchen. It is still there, to remind me of my old addiction.

Wow, ebay had one listed for £35:
Image
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28453
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » Today, 01:58

C wrote:I love the way you Americans call them 'sodas'

.


Or further back in time, "soda pop".
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 26483
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby souphound » Today, 15:59

"Pop" was fairly widely used in English Canada back then. No clue about now.

In French, we often use the term "liqueur". That is way off the mark of course, but there you have it.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.