I have quit Pepsi for good

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby GoogaMooga » 11 Nov 2021, 22:49

Yes, you read it first here. I have given up on Pepsi after years and years of excessive drinking. It had gotten to the point where even half a can would give me a stomach ache, and I was afraid I was developing an ulcer. A very persuasive argument, stomach ache. Since I don't drink alcohol either, that leaves me with English Breakfast Tea, or mild fruit juice. Oh yes, and milk, as always. I have lost 5 kilos in three days!

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: I have quit Pepsi for good

Postby souphound » 12 Nov 2021, 01:43

That's great about quitting the soda. That can only ever be a good thing.

Are you serious about the 5 kilos? Seems like a lot in 3 days.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 12 Nov 2021, 02:05

Congrats on quitting Pepsi. I finally quit drinking Dr Pepper and Coke after finally figuring out that the phosphoric acid therein (and which is in most cola-type sodas) was giving me kidney stones. I only miss them (the sodas) occasionally.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Nov 2021, 04:07

souphound wrote:That's great about quitting the soda. That can only ever be a good thing.

Yes, but I have slowed down after that. The first few kilos are easy to lose.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Nov 2021, 04:09

Charlie O. wrote:Congrats on quitting Pepsi. I finally quit drinking Dr Pepper and Coke after finally figuring out that the phosphoric acid therein (and which is in most cola-type sodas) was giving me kidney stones. I only miss them (the sodas) occasionally.

Thanks, and congratulations to you, too, Charlie O. Yes, sodas (and especially colas) can cause any number of ailments.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 12 Nov 2021, 09:04

Congratulations Googs. I hope you can keep it up.

I'm not sure what 'mild' fruit juice is but remember that fruit juice in general is almost as bad as fizzy drinks (though I've never heard of it causing kidney stones!). Both types of drinks are just sugary water.
Bugger off.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 12 Nov 2021, 09:31

Fizzy drinks make you fat and kill you. Whiskey, on the other hand, is the water of life.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Nov 2021, 10:21

Rorschach wrote:Congratulations Googs. I hope you can keep it up.

I'm not sure what 'mild' fruit juice is but remember that fruit juice in general is almost as bad as fizzy drinks (though I've never heard of it causing kidney stones!). Both types of drinks are just sugary water.

Thanks, Rorshach.

Mild fruit juice is one that is not as citric, often with carrot juice mixed in. Just a glass in the morning to wake up; I don't drink coffee.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 12 Nov 2021, 16:39

good move!
haven't had more than a sip of Coke or Pepsi in 30+ years
Let alone any carbonated crap just not a fan of carbonated drinks unless its champagne or beer

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Nov 2021, 17:14

Hightea wrote:good move!
haven't had more than a sip of Coke or Pepsi in 30+ years
Let alone any carbonated crap just not a fan of carbonated drinks unless its champagne or beer

Now that's willpower! Well done!

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 13 Nov 2021, 23:13

Positive Passion wrote:Fizzy drinks make you fat and kill you. Whiskey, on the other hand, is the water of life.

You mean whisky is the water of life.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 14 Nov 2021, 02:53

jimboo wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:Fizzy drinks make you fat and kill you. Whiskey, on the other hand, is the water of life.

You mean whisky is the water of life.

Either of them.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 14 Nov 2021, 04:18

I love good rye humor
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 14 Nov 2021, 07:13

souphound wrote:I love good rye humor

All in a good spirit.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 Nov 2021, 10:02

Interesting how a lifetime of Pepsi poison has a grip on one; took me a week to kick the habit entirely, but I have been "clean" for three days now, and really, I don't miss it. The foggy feeling I had and which compelled me to "clear" my head - it's gone now. My morning Pepsi used to be for clearing my head, but in actual fact, it was what caused the fogginess in the first place!

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 15 Nov 2021, 08:17

souphound wrote:

I was wondering about that too. It seems an excessive amount for just quitting pepsi.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Nov 2021, 15:03

trans-chigley express wrote:
souphound wrote:

I was wondering about that too. It seems an excessive amount for just quitting pepsi.

Excess water in the body, I suppose.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 Nov 2021, 15:26

But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 15 Nov 2021, 19:08

pull my finger.
uggy poopy doody.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Nov 2021, 19:29

souphound wrote:But water weighs 1 kilo per liter. Internally stored "water" is not far from that as well. That would mean eliminatng about 5 liters of "water" in 3 days? Without a punction, still seems like a lot. But what do I know?

Well, it was what the scale said, digital, too. And half a kilo per day since then.