London Bridge is Down

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

London Bridge is Down

Postby GoogaMooga » 28 Oct 2021, 11:56

London Bridge is Down: that is the codename for the procedure in the event of HM Queen Elizabeth's passing. The Queen has recently been hospitalized, and is preparing Prince Charles and Prince William to take over. But who will succeed her? Charles is next in line, but I remember Julie Burchill speculating that he might be by-passed in favor of Wills, because of all the scandal surrounding Charles. I had hoped for Charles, the only Royal I find even remotely interesting.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jumper K

Re: London Bridge is Down

Postby Jumper K » 28 Oct 2021, 12:17

All parasites. Fuck em.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 28 Oct 2021, 14:02

I think we have talked about this before.

Bypassing Charles is not something that can happen unless he agrees to it or we have a revolution before the Queen dies. Otherwise,at the moment she dies he becomes King.
Now if I were him I would become king - after all I would have waited a long time for it - but then abidicate before being crowned, thus sparing the country tge expense of two coronations in a fairly short time.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 28 Oct 2021, 14:29

GoogaMooga wrote:London Bridge is Down: that is the codename for the procedure in the event of HM Queen Elizabeth's passing.

I know!
Which is why it was curious this morning when, upon opening up BCB, I thought for a split second that the queen has kicked the bucket. But then I realized my phone would’ve told me so before I ever made it this far.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 28 Oct 2021, 23:17

I don't mean to derail the conversation, but I couldn't help be mesmerized by the "7" clearly implied by the buttons on Camilla's blouson. Googled a bit, looking for some significance (it's been a very very long day for me and I choose to distract myself with mindless endeavors :) )

Does it have anything to do do with Spandau Ballet's prisoner No. 7, Rudolph Hess? :D

Or is it more like something about this https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-prince-charles-monarchy-look-24028214 ?

OK. Sorry. Just buttons I guess.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 29 Oct 2021, 07:28

souphound wrote:I don't mean to derail the conversation, but I couldn't help be mesmerized by the "7" clearly implied by the buttons on Camilla's blouson. Googled a bit, looking for some significance (it's been a very very long day for me and I choose to distract myself with mindless endeavors :) )

Does it have anything to do do with Spandau Ballet's prisoner No. 7, Rudolph Hess? :D

Or is it more like something about this https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-prince-charles-monarchy-look-24028214 ?

OK. Sorry. Just buttons I guess.

Noooo! I think you're on to something here.

You should go onto 4chan or whatever it is and call yourself 'Z' or something and claim that the 7 is a code for a takeover of Britain by, I dunno, the Seven Elderesses of Zion. Something like that. All the incels over there will lap it up. They'll keep seeing 7s all over the place and get more and more convinced.
Bugger off.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Oct 2021, 09:45

If only we had an insane conspiracy nut on BCB :(

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 29 Oct 2021, 11:29

The Prof wrote:If only we had an insane conspiracy nut on BCB :(

I'm grooming Souphound for the job.
Bugger off.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 29 Oct 2021, 13:58

I'll need better drugs, that's for sure.

:D :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Flower

Postby Flower » 29 Oct 2021, 17:47

souphound wrote:I'll need better drugs, that's for sure.

:D :D

First, we shall require that you start (or get help starting) a Souphound Land. Also, to be "properly" groomed, it might require the services of a Mohel .. think carefully before taking over this position, drugs or no drugs.

:lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 29 Oct 2021, 20:30

I'll wait a good seven days before deciding. Errrr. Wait a sec.

I wouldn't want anyone to sue Poundland over this.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Nov 2021, 16:34

The fact that this is still somehow of import to a huge amount of people in this country really explains why we're in the desperate shit we are.

Ship the fucking lot of them off tomorrow and see if the sun still rises in the east the day after.

My guess is it still will.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 04 Nov 2021, 18:05

Princess Diana died in 1997. The buttons are proof enough for me that there's a huge cover-up and she's trying to expose it. It simply can't be anything else.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 05 Nov 2021, 11:39

mudshark wrote:Princess Diana died in 1997. The buttons are proof enough for me that there's a huge cover-up and she's trying to expose it. It simply can't be anything else.

:o

Get that out on 4chan now!
Bugger off.