Milk on the rocks

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Milk on the rocks

Postby souphound » 05 Sep 2021, 15:24

GoogaMooga wrote:
souphound wrote:I'm one of those nasty Pepsi drinkers, in that I prefer it over Coke. In fact, French Canadians, Quebecois especially are often referred to as "Les Pepsis" by the rest of Canada. Not 10% sure if that's still the case ut probably is. Maybe Harv can testify?

As far as I know, that's been running for quite a long time. Ah well.

I drink mine with ice as well. Max 500ml a day I would say, with none on many days.

I didn't know that about the Quebecois. So is "Pepsis" meant in an affectionate or a derogatory way? :)

Well, it is derogatory, I'd call it a mild insult.

Traditionally, Quebecois tended to be less educated, more blue collar than white collar if you will. That has changed somewhat over the years. Access to higher learning has improved over time and now, there is a distinct white collar class among us.

More info here: https://maisonneuve.org/post/2010/02/4/how/

It would take much more than that for me to feel insulted, really. But I do have a fairly thick skin.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 05 Sep 2021, 15:27

Thanks for clarifying, souphound.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Sep 2021, 01:50

souphound wrote:I'm one of those nasty Pepsi drinkers, in that I prefer it over Coke. In fact, French Canadians, Quebecois especially are often referred to as "Les Pepsis" by the rest of Canada. Not 10% sure if that's still the case ut probably is. Maybe Harv can testify?

I learned about that when I lived in Montreal in the early 90's, but even then I thought it was a regional thing. I had friends from my hometown in Ontario that went to Bishops University in Sherbrooke, Quebec, and only when I went to visit them did I learn that the Quebecois students at neighbouring Sherbrooke College were known as "Pepsis". I've only very rarely heard it used outside of Quebec.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 07 Sep 2021, 13:30

harvey k-tel wrote:

I learned about that when I lived in Montreal in the early 90's, but even then I thought it was a regional thing. I had friends from my hometown in Ontario that went to Bishops University in Sherbrooke, Quebec, and only when I went to visit them did I learn that the Quebecois students at neighbouring Sherbrooke College were known as "Pepsis". I've only very rarely heard it used outside of Quebec.

Cool. Thanks. I guess we're just generic frogs outside Quebec huh? :lol:

I myself went to Champlain Regional College, the CEGEP sharing the campus with Bishops in Lennoxville, for 2 years. Superb place isn't it. Bet you had a stop or two at the Golden Lion? :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Sep 2021, 14:00

Oh yeah, I drank lots of awful beer there!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 07 Sep 2021, 14:34

harvey k-tel wrote:Oh yeah, I drank lots of awful beer there!

I remember going to sit at the bar one morning, with my girlfriend, to cram for a test a little later. First ones in got a free beer, which we did. We sat across from the teacher that was giving us said test. :lol: :lol:

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 07 Sep 2021, 21:59

Ain’t no big surprise
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 09 Sep 2021, 14:46

bad post error.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.