The news today.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: The news today.

Postby yomptepi » 09 Jul 2021, 20:39

Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote: Burnham's utter ineptitude was a joy.

Yet he stood up for the families of the Hilsborough tragedy when your Queen Thatcher presided over a vicious smear campaign against them.

I know who I'd be trusting first - Burnham or you and your politicians of choice? Not difficult really, if judgement is the barometer.

I think in essence he is a decent man. Just lazy and over ambitious. He could make a better leader than the current grubby incumbant, but I think that may be a way down the line. Worth noting that the Blair government, under which he served, did about the same as the tories for the bereaved of Hilsborough. They may not have been as high handed and insensitive as the tories, but they did nothing just as well.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Jul 2021, 21:19

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote: Burnham's utter ineptitude was a joy.

Yet he stood up for the families of the Hilsborough tragedy when your Queen Thatcher presided over a vicious smear campaign against them.

I know who I'd be trusting first - Burnham or you and your politicians of choice? Not difficult really, if judgement is the barometer.

I think in essence he is a decent man. Just lazy and over ambitious. He could make a better leader than the current grubby incumbant, but I think that may be a way down the line. Worth noting that the Blair government, under which he served, did about the same as the tories for the bereaved of Hilsborough. They may not have been as high handed and insensitive as the tories, but they did nothing just as well.

Good job we're not debating Blair then, isn't it?
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 10 Jul 2021, 11:14

I wasn't sure if this was real or not (apparently it is). It's just one Nationalist newspaper, but still

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 10 Jul 2021, 12:01

Give a shit or be a shit.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 10 Jul 2021, 13:55

The Prof wrote:I wasn't sure if this was real or not (apparently it is). It's just one Nationalist newspaper, but still

quite embarrassing that.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 10 Jul 2021, 14:52

Jimbly wrote:
quite embarrassing that.

In the sense that it also a bit of fire to Yomps continual claim that all Scots hate the English.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 10 Jul 2021, 15:55

The Prof wrote:
Jimbly wrote:
quite embarrassing that.

In the sense that it also a bit of fire to Yomps continual claim that all Scots hate the English.

Well, firstly The National is supposed to be a voice for the benefits of Independence for Scotland. Not a xenophobic flag waver like some down south.

Secondly, Braveheart is a pile of Hollywood shite.

Thirdly, All Scots don't hate the English. Some of my best friends are English 8-) It's mostly the hyperbolic coverage in all forms of the media that grates.

Apart from that.....
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 10 Jul 2021, 18:10

The Prof wrote:
Jimbly wrote:
quite embarrassing that.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. But we all know this stuff anyway. It goes without saying.
You don't like me...do you?

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 16 Jul 2021, 12:28

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the flooding in central Europe and the heatwaves in North America make me feel like climate change is ramping up bigly.

How the hell does Switzerland flood? It's up a bloody mountain!
Bugger off.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 19 Jul 2021, 17:32

Katie Hopkins deported from Australia after bragging about breaking coronavirus rules.What a thoroughly vile piece of work she is.
Any of our US and elsewhere cousins unaware of her, sh'es kind of our version of Ann Coulter.
We're way past rhubarb

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Jul 2021, 18:35

Too Soon ?

Disclaimer: My cousin, who was born and spent her childhood in KwaZulu-Natal province, SA posted this on her Facebook page.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 Jul 2021, 08:13

The Fish wrote:Katie Hopkins deported from Australia after bragging about breaking coronavirus rules.What a thoroughly vile piece of work she is.
Any of our US and elsewhere cousins unaware of her, sh'es kind of our version of Ann Coulter.

And fined for not wearing a mask.

I hadn't heard anything from her since she had her Twitter account closed.
I'm a bit disappointed to see how much publicity she's getting here but glad another avenue of public bigotry has been closed to her.
Bugger off.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 20 Jul 2021, 11:50

What the hell were they doing having her on the programme in the first place?

I know.... ratings. but sometimes you have to be united in denying these people media exposure.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 Jul 2021, 13:43

The Prof wrote:What the hell were they doing having her on the programme in the first place?

I know.... ratings. but sometimes you have to be united in denying these people media exposure.

I don't actually follow reality shows but from what little I know of Celebrity Big Brother she'd fit right in. She may be the most unlikeable contestant I've heard of being on the program, but she's got competition. Half the point seems to be to have a few horrible people so they'll have the tensions and conflicts that viewers want to watch.
Bugger off.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 20 Jul 2021, 14:22

I get that, but there's lines that you wish broadcasters wouldn't cross.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 20 Jul 2021, 14:25

I’d rather watch Katie fucking Hopkins than George fucking Galloway!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 20 Jul 2021, 16:29

It isn't an "either" or fucking "or"!

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 21 Jul 2021, 00:41

:)

True enough!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 16 Aug 2021, 17:50

I remember being quite shocked when I was younger seeing footage of the last days of the Vietnam war where people were clambering on the wings and grabbing the wheels of some of the last US planes leaving.
I’ve just seen the same thing again today complete with, what looked like, bodies falling from the planes as they took off the runway.
It really is quite appalling.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 16 Aug 2021, 18:38

It is appalling, terrible and embarrassing what's happening in Kabul. But I'm afraid also completely unavoidable unless the US had stayed there until the end of time. I mean, all this shit goes back as far as Victorian times (the Kabul Retreat). Afghanistan as a country cannot be defended permanently against itself and the opposition is incredibly tenacious. Didn't the US initially go in there to 'get' Osama and his cronies? That job was done in 2009. They should have gotten out right then. Obama didn't have the guts while Biden did. He'll take an enormous hit but he's done it well before the mid-terms when all of this will have been snowed under by an avalanche of other shit. The president is scheduled to give a speech at 14:45. My guess is he's going to blame his predecessors and claim leadership by saying that somebody had to do it. And no matter how painful and disastrous for some many people, I think he's right. But I sure didn't expect to see Saigon-like scenes. It now looks like they've lost the war while in reality they've just given up on it.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over