The news today.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: The news today.

Postby Six String » 29 Aug 2021, 19:16

Hurricane Ida is landing in Louisiana now and it’s predicted to be historical in strength and damage. Hoping kath got all her hatches battened down and is safe.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 29 Aug 2021, 21:24

I'm watching it unfold on the local TV stations. It's going to be devastating. I've been through hurricanes Ike and Harvey si know what it is like, and I just don't wish that on anybody. May it pass quickly.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 30 Aug 2021, 03:43

I've been watching the news reports from N.O. Ugly stuff. Among everything else, there is apparently no power anywhere in New Orleans this evening. Feck.

Good luck to kath and everybody down there.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 01 Sep 2021, 19:31

Knew Ida was going to be a bad one for Louisiana and the pictures are horrifying. Hope Kath is okay!

We are getting the remnants of Ida today and expect flooding as this area can't handle 6 inches of rain. However, still in better shape than Louisiana.
Between the wildfires and these hurricanes its going to be a bad year for natural disasters lets hope we don't get anymore.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 01 Sep 2021, 20:13

Hightea wrote:Hope Kath is okay!

She’s checked in on FB and says they don’t have power but they have a generator and are ok.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Sep 2021, 20:46

Excellent news. Glad kath is ok.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 02 Sep 2021, 04:40

Yeah. Great news.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 Sep 2021, 15:29

der Freiherr wrote:
Hightea wrote:Hope Kath is okay!

She’s checked in on FB and says they don’t have power but they have a generator and are ok.

glad she is okay. Lots of rain last night close to 7 inches. My place was okay but babysitting brothers cat and showed up this morning to a stream running down their driveway. Inside their first floor had water damage but not bad. Just had to mop up and place carpets outside.

My friend in NJ was trapped in a quick check parking lot last night, he just got home all roads around him flooded.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 02 Sep 2021, 15:44

The news from Texas/Supreme Court is just devastating to me. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to live there and go through this. I'd advocate for a full-on boycott. Texas is back in the stone age.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 Sep 2021, 16:10

Geezee wrote:The news from Texas/Supreme Court is just devastating to me. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to live there and go through this. I'd advocate for a full-on boycott. Texas is back in the stone age.

Have been waiting for this bad news since the supreme court changes. Sadly, there will now be several states that will follow suit. This country has completely lost its way and will continue to go back further into the stone age on conservative issues. Expect in the next few weeks we will get a report of some rich conservative in Texas (that was for this) to be caught flying to another state or country to get their abortion.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 02 Sep 2021, 16:17

Geezee wrote:The news from Texas/Supreme Court is just devastating to me. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to live there and go through this. I'd advocate for a full-on boycott. Texas is back in the stone age.

I can retire in 8 years. Don’t think I’m not counting the days.

The Supreme Court’s decision isn’t the final say, but at least five judges there are positively itching to overturn Roe v. Wade, or render it meaningless.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 02 Sep 2021, 18:40

A virtual ban on abortion, discriminating women; new voting laws, discrimination the poor and the blacks; new gun laws allowing people with a license to openly carry their guns in public, without a permit or training. It's beginning to look a lot like Kabul over here.
Last edited by mudshark on 02 Sep 2021, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 02 Sep 2021, 18:54

There's surely enough Texan certified lawyers to ferret ways out ?
Investigatory Fertility Clinics come to mind for one.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 Sep 2021, 15:57

So I went down to Sainsburys filled the petrol tank to the brim along with 6 jerry cans and a hot tub before all those crazy panic buyers got there.

robertff

Postby robertff » 27 Sep 2021, 16:33

The Prof wrote:So I went down to Sainsburys filled the petrol tank to the brim along with 6 jerry cans and a hot tub before all those crazy panic buyers got there.

:D

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 Sep 2021, 17:00

The Prof wrote:So I went down to Sainsburys filled the petrol tank to the brim along with 6 jerry cans and a hot tub before all those crazy panic buyers got there.

Great idea. Did you load up on loo rolls as well?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 Sep 2021, 17:32

Still got a shed full from last year!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 Sep 2021, 17:33

:D

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 27 Sep 2021, 17:42

The Prof wrote:Still got a shed full from last year!

Er.. you might want to just check on that after my visit the other week :?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 30 Sep 2021, 17:31

Turkey: 'Missing' man joins search party looking for himself

A missing man in Turkey accidentally joined his own search party for hours before realising he was the person they were looking for, local media reports.

Beyhan Mutlu had been drinking with friends on Tuesday when he wandered into a forest in Bursa province.

When he failed to return, his wife and friends alerted local authorities and a search party was sent out.

Mr Mutlu, 50, then stumbled across the search party and decided to join them, NTV reported.

But when members of the search party began calling out his name, he replied: "I am here."

He was taken aside by one of the rescuer workers to give a statement.

"Don't punish me too harshly, officer. My father will kill me," he reportedly told them.

Police then drove Mr Mutlu home. It is not clear if he was given a fine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58746703

:D :D :lol: