Questions questions questions

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Questions questions questions

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 11 Jun 2021, 14:57

I'm giving you a pound of carrots: what are your plans for them?

Do you feel that living through a pandemic has permanently changed you in any way? And if so, what way is that?

Were (or are) you happier with a decent compass or a nice protractor?

With "1" being "not at all" and "10" being WHOOP DEE DOO, how excited are you usually about visiting a museum shop?

We've got leftover salsa from a party last night. What shall I do with it?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Questions questions questions

Postby souphound » 11 Jun 2021, 16:26

A pound huh? First, I'll take a couple aside to make carrot muffins. I'll then split the rest up in two batches. One to be pre-cooked whole that I then will use in a number of ways, including salads or just by themselves (I have nothing against raw carrots but my teeth aren't too keen.
The rest will be sliced up and used in either a stir-fry are a side for my next meal.

Do you feel that living through a pandemic has permanently changed you in any way? And if so, what way is that?
Undoubtedly it has. For one, I have managed to break a couple of really bad/expensive habits along the way, mostly out of the lack of availability. Also, due to fortunate timing, I went through a bit of a medical ordeal near the start of the pandemic (unrelated) which has forced me to think on my feet a little bit and to think of tomorrow more than I did in the past. I'm far healthier right now than I was a year ago, let me tel you. There have been negatives as well of course, but mostly positive I'd say.

Tough call. I'm fine with both, but on a purely amateur level. Push come to shove I think I'd have more creative fun with the protractor.

With "1" being "not at all" and "10" being WHOOP DEE DOO, how excited are you usually about visiting a museum shop?
Probably around a 5. I have a very visual memory so the actual visit of the museum and its highlights remains ingrained in my feeble mind for a long time. I would go to the museum shop mostly to look for souvenirs for others (what a strange habit, they haven't been there so,
why would they really care?) and look for surprising novelties.

If you're really stuck, you can ship it to me. I'll take care of it one way or another. If you want to keep it, maybe throw it in to a stir-fry or something?

I guess you'd get the impression that I'm big on stir-fries but I'm not really. It's just my way of using up loose ends from my fridge and pantry. No waste I say.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Jun 2021, 17:01

I'll steam half and give the other half to the wild bunnies

Not at all.

Compass would bring more joy but a good GPS device even more.

8.5 .. it could be more or less depending on the venue.

Other than the classic reply .. ;) Use it with your nachos.
Last edited by Flower on 11 Jun 2021, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 11 Jun 2021, 20:15

Roast them with thickly sliced Haloumi. When cooked add Canelli beans mixed with lemon juice and zest along with some rocket.

I've become even more comfortable with just a small circle of people.

Were (or are) you happier with a decent compass or a nice protractor? Not bothered

With "1" being "not at all" and "10" being WHOOP DEE DOO, how excited are you usually about visiting a museum shop? Usually an 8 then sliding down to a 1 because of overpricing.

We've got leftover salsa from a party last night. What shall I do with it?. Thick toast.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 11 Jun 2021, 20:36

find some horses?

yes.

part of it: i just went simplify, simplify, simplify. i rediscovered the joys of just hangin with my sister or my son, watching old grade-zee sci fi movies or seeing how many cats i could get to sleep on top of me. it's too easy to get distracted by extraneous bullrap.

another part of it: before the pandemic, my basic attitude was fucque assholes. does anyone think there is one gotdamn thing they can do to me? does anyone think i would flinch if someone held a gun to my head?

then the pandemic hit, and i kept lookin at the three family members i had left. and yep, i was terrified. i got in constant fights lettin any single one of em out of the door. so yeah. covid definitely represented something that could be done to me. sigh.

compass, for sure. see john donne, "a valediction forbidding mourning".

ohhhh, 11. i LOVE museum shops. i ran into patrick stewart at the met's shop. i mean, literally ran into him. whammmm. he was so nice about it.

eat it?

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 11 Jun 2021, 20:50

No doubt, MY WIFE will have some strange use for them. Perhaps a carrot pie or some other Baltic delicacy. I'll ask her what she wants me to make with them.

It has reinforced my misanthropy and general regret that I must live amongst other humans. It has not changed me, no. I also don't understand people who say things will "never be the same." They never were the same, were they?

Oh, definitely a compass. I have a good sense of cardinal and ordinal directions when I'm home (I'm facing northeast now) but when I'm in the UK I'm absolutely hopeless.

A 5, I suppose. My feelings are invariably informed by the knowledge that MY WIFE is about to spend an extraordinary wad of cash on cards and suchlike.

I ate it for lunch. It was actually hot!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Jun 2021, 22:36

Roast em, drizzle with olive oil and a bit of salt. There you go.

I don't think it has permanently changed me, but it has had an impact on some of my behaviours. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have stopped drinking for the first five months of this year if I hadn't ramped it up to extremely excessive levels last year, which I'm fairly certain happened because of being locked down with nothing else to do. I can't see going back to that sort of reckless consumption again, mainly because I haven't missed hangovers one goddamn bit, but I'm sure I'll get drunk again at some point.

Are you talking geometry compass or a navigational compass? Either way I'd take one over a protractor any day. Geometry compasses are good for stabbing things.

3, maybe. I'll go have a browse, but it's nothing to look forward to.

I heard it's gone, so I won't bother with this one.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Jun 2021, 02:26

der Freiherr wrote:I'm giving you a pound of carrots: what are your plans for them?

No doubt, MY WIFE will have some strange use for them. Perhaps a carrot pie or some other Baltic delicacy. I'll ask her what she wants me to make with them.

It has reinforced my misanthropy and general regret that I must live amongst other humans. It has not changed me, no. I also don't understand people who say things will "never be the same." They never were the same, were they?

Oh, definitely a compass. I have a good sense of cardinal and ordinal directions when I'm home (I'm facing northeast now) but when I'm in the UK I'm absolutely hopeless.

A 5, I suppose. My feelings are invariably informed by the knowledge that MY WIFE is about to spend an extraordinary wad of cash on cards and suchlike.

I ate it for lunch. It was actually hot!

Rebecca says ditto that re: your pandemic question. I’ll be back later to answer all. Just got back from a distillery in Bishop and we’re going to the State High School Rodeo Championship tonight.
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 12 Jun 2021, 04:25

Hey how did you know my Mandoline was delivered today. Sadly I've got no carrots, tomorrows list. I would take a bunch for a stir fry or throw them in curry. otherwise salad.

Do you feel that living through a pandemic has permanently changed you in any way? And if so, what way is that?The first six months I learned my job should be remote. My boss dragged me back in and I've been searching for a remote job since.

Were (or are) you happier with a decent compass or a nice protractor?I guess a compass as I'm a walker not a artist.

With "1" being "not at all" and "10" being WHOOP DEE DOO, how excited are you usually about visiting a museum shop?Living in and around NYC and traveling I've been to plenty of museums, Back in the day I would always get something in the Museum shop but not really these days. Still peak in Museum shops remind me of mom she loved them.

We've got leftover salsa from a party last night. What shall I do with it?breakfast burritos? chile quillas

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Jun 2021, 05:20

I’d make soup but if I had a juicer I would juice them with apples and beets.

I hope I never take for granted my activities outside my home. I was totally fine staying home for the longest but I do enjoy socializing and I realised I missed it in a bad way.

I have a good sense of direction so a protractor would be fun.

A 5. I enjoy some of the cool things they sell but as someone said, they are overpriced so it really depends on what it is.

Huevos rancheros naturally.
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 12 Jun 2021, 06:32

I'm getting on the bike, sloping on down to the Donkey Sanctuary and giving me some donkey love. Those cheeky buggers love them carrots.

Not in any way. I'm still the same loveable rascal I was before.

I think protractor. Its the multi-tool of the mathematical world. You can measure, slice vegetables and at a push kill some shit with the pointy end.

-1 They are always tinged with disappointment.

Fry it up with some new potato, add a little coriander, mushrooms and aubergine. Taste. Chuck it in the bin.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Jun 2021, 08:09

Slice and boil them , then make a nice parsley sauce to bathe them in. Lovely.

I don't know about permanently, but it has changed how we live day to day. Maybe once everything is open properly , and there aren't masks everywhere I might feel like my old self, but at the moment I do feel very different.

Were (or are) you happier with a decent compass or a nice protractor? I do enjoy nice tools.

maybe not a museum shop, but an art gallery shop would be lovely.

bin it.
You don't like me...do you?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jun 2021, 08:37

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jun 2021, 09:52

dp
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jun 2021, 10:20

Carrot cake(s) with Philadelphia cream cheese and muscovado sugar icing.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Jun 2021, 10:36

Wortelstamp! It's winter so a typical carrot and potato mash with bacon, pepper, mustard and gravy will do the cold citizen a world of good.

It definitely made me aware that all politicians are incompetent nincompoops. Utter failures to acknowledge and act on the pandemic in the beginning, now end to grandiose posturing and not a single ounce of understanding.

Compass....please let me have one in my hand as soon as the magnetic poles reverse.

1. I have bought stuff in a museum shop, mostly after specific exhibits, like the David Bowie-one a few years back. Nice book!

I rarely have leftovers!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jun 2021, 11:37

never/ever wrote:I'm giving you a pound of carrots: what are your plans for them?

Wortelstamp! It's winter so a typical carrot and potato mash with bacon, pepper, mustard and gravy will do the cold citizen a world of good.

That sounds absolutely delicious even in the Northern Hemisphere.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 12 Jun 2021, 11:40

Minnie the Minx wrote:I'm giving you a pound of carrots: what are your plans for them?

Hightea wrote:Hey how did you know my Mandoline was delivered today. Sadly I've got no carrots, tomorrows list. I would take a bunch for a stir fry or throw them in curry. otherwise salad.

Did you misread the question?
You have been given a pound of carrots.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jun 2021, 11:59

Give them to someone who likes carrots (I do but not especially)

Oh yeah. It's made realise that putting important things off isn't really an option - if you want to do it, do it as quickly as is possible. ESPECIALLY around relationships - and in a totally soppy way, yes I mean telling those you love, that you do. Often.

Compass. I had to think what a protractor even looked like.

7. I like some museum merch, even if I know it's overpriced, because sometimes it's the only way you can get it and it's a thing to evoke memories later on.

Don't keep it for me. I don't particularly like salsa either.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 12 Jun 2021, 15:13

I will sing to them and teach them to moonwalk.

I've gone completely bonkers.

This has me confused. Did you originally mean 'a pair of compasses'? I always liked them for some reason whilst I never found much use for a protractor. And I don't think I've ever used a compass for anything useful, either.

I quite like them but rarely buy anything. They're full of lovely looking things, most of which would remain untouched for years and just gather dust if I bought one and brought it home. I have a Picasso calendar on my office wall from the Picasso museum here in Barcelona, and a mug with some medieval depiction of Jesus on it, from the National Art Museum of Catalonia. That's all.

I don't know what 'salsa' is in this context. In Spain, it's the generic name for sauce so there are many varieties. If it were some kind of dip and it were left over from a party I'd probably throw it out because I wouldn't have got round to putting it in the fridge.
Last edited by Rorschach on 14 Jun 2021, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
Bugger off.