Do you wish death on your enemies?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: Do you wish death on your enemies?

Postby Rorschach » 20 May 2021, 10:43

Samoan wrote:I get that you're a very, very angry person which means you're an extremely scared person.

Psych. nursing 1986. A&E nursing 1988.

Oh right. That's me told then.
Bugger off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 May 2021, 10:44

KeithPratt wrote:Am I correct in guessing that you were frustrated that the IRA bombing didn't kill Thatcher?

I digress, (it's Liberty Hall here) but there was significant collateral damage from that. Margaret Tebbit can't keep any agency nurse in post at her home for any longer than 12 hours, she is so embittered and angry. She was nigh on impossible to nurse to a high standard.
Last edited by Samoan on 20 May 2021, 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 May 2021, 11:22

Samoan wrote:
KeithPratt wrote:Am I correct in guessing that you were frustrated that the IRA bombing didn't kill Thatcher?

I digress, (it's Liberty Hall here) but there was significant collateral damage from that. Margaret Tebbit can't keep any agency nurse in post at her home for any longer than 12 hours, she is so embittered and angry. She is virtually impossible to nurse to a high standard.

I met someone who was nursing her in the 80s. I didn't get the impression she was like that then, but I can imagine it has been a terrible life for her since then.

And while we're here, would you mind explaining your psychological analysis of me. I'm probably also a narcissist so I like people talking about me.
And I can't help thinking you ought to justify such a sweeping statement.
Bugger off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 May 2021, 12:40

Rorschach wrote:
Samoan wrote:

I digress, (it's Liberty Hall here) but there was significant collateral damage from that. Margaret Tebbit can't keep any agency nurse in post at her home for any longer than 12 hours, she is so embittered and angry. She was nigh on impossible to nurse to a high standard.

I met someone who was nursing her in the 80s. I didn't get the impression she was like that then, but I can imagine it has been a terrible life for her since then.

And while we're here, would you mind explaining your psychological analysis of me. I'm probably also a narcissist so I like people talking about me.
And I can't help thinking you ought to justify such a sweeping statement.

I'm unable to do what you request as I don't know you and have never met you.

I'd like to apologise for posting in such general terms which were made in haste.
Last edited by Samoan on 20 May 2021, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 May 2021, 12:59

Samoan wrote:
I'm unable to do what you request as I don't know you and have never met you.

I'd like to apologise for posting in such general terms which were made in haste.

Ha ha!
No need to apologise. No offence taken.
Bugger off.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 20 May 2021, 16:51

Rorsch,
You make a very good point about disliking the acts of violence but not necessary disliking the end result of such acts. Like the famous philosopher Johan Cruyff once said: Every disadvantage has his advantage. And of course I agree with you that populists influence people in the way you say.
But why do the people let themselves be influenced by these populists? Haven't we learned our lessons over the past few centuries?? Andrew Jackson, Lenin, Stalin, Juan Peron, Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, De Gaulle, McCarthy, Thatcher, Blair, Chavez etc. have all, some more than others, been a disaster for the world. Once bitten twice shy, you'd think? But no, au contraire even. These days the world is infested with populist leaders, from Brazil to Hungary. And that's only because 'we as a people' allow them to thrive. And killing them off is only going to make matters worse. An example: At the beginning of this century a right-wing Populist named Pim Fortuyn became very popular. In 2006 he was shot and killed by a militant vegan (go figure). Soon after at least 4 politicians who all claimed to act 'in the spirit of Pim' became made a rise to prominence. Hence my comparison with the Hydra. And now? about 1/5 of the seats in parliament are being occupied by populist parties, which all claim some sort of allegiance to their slain inspirator. . Talking about The Netherlands (I digress, I know): the Dutch claim to form such a tolerant open society. Just spend a few months there and you'll find out it's totally not true. A thin layer of varnish covers a whole heap of hatred, homophobia, xenophobia, selfishness and isolationism (which both pretty much mean the same thing). Here in Texas it's the same, except they don't bother much with the varnish. I just really despise how millions and millions of rich people in the West simple refuse to accept the fact that the richness of their nations is a direct result of centuries of brutal colonialism, slavery and warmongering. And it's that denial that causes populist politicians to thrive.

Where were we? Oh yes.
No I still don't wish death on anybody and the main reason is that it's pointless.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Robert

Postby Robert » 20 May 2021, 21:48

mudshark wrote:Rorsch,
You make a very good point about disliking the acts of violence but not necessary disliking the end result of such acts. Like the famous philosopher Johan Cruyff once said: Every disadvantage has his advantage. And of course I agree with you that populists influence people in the way you say.
But why do the people let themselves be influenced by these populists? Haven't we learned our lessons over the past few centuries?? Andrew Jackson, Lenin, Stalin, Juan Peron, Hitler, Franco, Mussolini, De Gaulle, McCarthy, Thatcher, Blair, Chavez etc. have all, some more than others, been a disaster for the world. Once bitten twice shy, you'd think? But no, au contraire even. These days the world is infested with populist leaders, from Brazil to Hungary. And that's only because 'we as a people' allow them to thrive. And killing them off is only going to make matters worse. An example: At the beginning of this century a right-wing Populist named Pim Fortuyn became very popular. In 2006 he was shot and killed by a militant vegan (go figure). Soon after at least 4 politicians who all claimed to act 'in the spirit of Pim' became made a rise to prominence. Hence my comparison with the Hydra. And now? about 1/5 of the seats in parliament are being occupied by populist parties, which all claim some sort of allegiance to their slain inspirator. . Talking about The Netherlands (I digress, I know): the Dutch claim to form such a tolerant open society. Just spend a few months there and you'll find out it's totally not true. A thin layer of varnish covers a whole heap of hatred, homophobia, xenophobia, selfishness and isolationism (which both pretty much mean the same thing). Here in Texas it's the same, except they don't bother much with the varnish. I just really despise how millions and millions of rich people in the West simple refuse to accept the fact that the richness of their nations is a direct result of centuries of brutal colonialism, slavery and warmongering. And it's that denial that causes populist politicians to thrive.

Where were we? Oh yes.
No I still don't wish death on anybody and the main reason is that it's pointless.

Those four wouldn’t have been there if PF had not been killed??

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 20 May 2021, 22:18

Probably, but without the leg-up they got from that assassination it might have gone way different.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 May 2021, 22:26

Death? NAH, that's too easy. I wish my Enemies a long & happy life.
THAT'LL show 'em!
uggy poopy doody.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 21 May 2021, 06:53

Sneelock wrote:Death? NAH, that's too easy. I wish my Enemies a long & happy life.
THAT'LL show 'em!

You are a cruel and unusual man!
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 21 May 2021, 09:33

I read this morning that Pop WillEat Itself drummer Fuzz Townsend dipped his cock in a pint of beer that Boris Johnson went on the drink... revenge is a dish best served at cellar temperature! :mrgreen:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 21 May 2021, 09:58

Deebank wrote:I read this morning that Pop WillEat Itself drummer Fuzz Townsend dipped his cock in a pint of beer that Boris Johnson went on the drink... revenge is a dish best served at cellar temperature! :mrgreen:

Splendid.

I wonder if he's ever eaten pork that Cameron had stuck his dick in?
Bugger off.