Fwiday Qwestions

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Fwiday Qwestions

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 May 2021, 14:57

What are you up to this weekend, then?

Here- I'm giving you a cabbage. What are you going to do with it?

Did your parents smoke in the car with you in it? Do you feel angry about it even now?

If, for a change, a dog offered to walk YOU, would you let them do it?

Do you have something you've been meaning to give back to someone for ages, and haven't yet? What is the something, and who is the person?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: Fwiday Qwestions

Postby Rorschach » 14 May 2021, 15:27

Probably going down the coast to look at flats and houses to buy in a grotty seaside town (if we can sell our flat).
On Sunday, probably a walk in the countryside.

Give it back.

Did your parents smoke in the car with you in it? Do you feel angry about it even now?

No! My parents didn't smoke and they didn't drink.
We did go everywhere without seat belts but I don't feel angry about that, even though it seems extraordinary now.

Too right. And I'd walk up to other humans and sniff their arses and then suddenly attack them. See how she likes being on the other end of the lead!

Do you have something you've been meaning to give back to someone for ages, and haven't yet? What is the something, and who is the person?

I've had Fireplug's copy of Sweet Soul Music for about fifteen years. One of these days...
Bugger off.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 14 May 2021, 16:57

Granddaughter's visiting, so assorted childcare tasks and fielding questions as to what I'm eating.
Shred it for a salad with garlic, oil and lemon juice.
No, never. They argued though, once rather badly and it still makes me anxious when I remember it.
Would I still have to pick up its shit?

My sister-in-law's copy of The Go-Between. I also had her copy of Sex Tips For Girls by Cynthia Heimel, but I lost it :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 May 2021, 17:05

No- the great thing is the dog has to pick up YOUR shit!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 May 2021, 17:12

Sadly, a funeral on Saturday morning. Much more happily, we are going to visit T Berry and family on Saturday afternoon, after many, many months. Sunday, I'm going to try and work on the back garden. There are things growing in the raised beds that are frankly alien.

Stir fry with ginger and garlic, a bit of sesame. OR ask Baron to make a cabbage pie. OR make a Marmite sandwich on thick crusty white bread and add shredded cabbage. (try it!)

They did - mum, stepmum, dad, all of em! We would open the windows and do exaggerated coughs and I'm pretty sure Dad would say things like "I'll give you something to cough about!" Actually, I am still a bit annoyed. I probably won't mention it again though.

It depends if I could decide the route or not.

I've got a novel by some hippy chick that I have been meaning to give back to a doctor I work with for about four years. I see him five days a week. I have no excuse at all, really!

Dr Markus wrote:

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 17:37

This weekend we're trying to sell 6 piglets.

If you gave me a cabbage I'd feed it to the fucking piglets. They cost me about $60 a week!

My parents both smoked on the train since we didn't have a car.

I'm not going to bother with the dog question

I have 4 or 5 library books that were due back in April 1976. One of them is Voyage au Bout de la Nuit by Louis-Ferdinand Celine which I still haven't finished.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 14 May 2021, 18:16

If the weather stays as nice as it is today, I'll be doing some tidying in the yard, and figuring out what materials I need to rebuild a built-in planter/bench on our front porch that's rotting (hopefully only cosmetically). I'd like to go introduce ourselves to our new neighbours on the east side of us. They look really young, like early 20's, and I'd love to know how they managed to afford a 2.3 million dollar house.

I don't know. I'm somewhat intimidated by cabbages.

My mom quit smoking before I was born (but she still smoked while pregnant with my older sister, who blames her chronic back problems on this), and I'm not sure my dad ever smoked.

No. I wouldn't trust my dog to behave herself if she was in charge.

I have my friend Ethel's copy of Pink Floyd's The Wall, which she loaned me in high school. She's more than welcome to it, if I ever get the chance to return it.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 May 2021, 18:30

Gardening and related chores such as purchasing a new hose, nozzle and small fencing, haunting the few open garden center for pollinators.

Re-gift it to my friend, Jan, who will use it to make sauerkraut.

No but I AM still mad that they would take the top down and I had to sit in the back and get beaten up by the wind.

I have no problem going where a dog wanted to go as long as it wasn't in someone's garden, nor would I agree to tipping over garbage cans, chasing cats and/or raccoons.

NO! I don't borrow anything other than library books. Unfortunately, there are many items that I've lent out that have never or will never be returned.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 14 May 2021, 19:31

Work tomorrow. 2 weeks off after that.
Braise it add some lardons.
All the time. Not arsed, everyone did in those days.
As long as it was to the record shop
Love and appreciation to one of my oldest friends.

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 May 2021, 20:46

Saturday R and I are going to hear Gold Soul, a funk/soul/blues band at Two Rivers Cider. I saw them last year before Covid lockdown at another venue and really dug them. This will be outside as the other shows I’ve attended. Sunday will be a rest day as Monday is my birthday and also Grateful Monday at 2R so we’ll be attending the Grateful Dead cover band Possum (we play dead) show. So I’m chilling at home tonight and Sunday.

Make soup, cabbage rolls or coleslaw. Rebecca always has a batch of sour kraut going so that’s what she would do with it.

My dad was the only smoker in the family and yes he did smoke in the car when I was young but my mom finally convinced him to stop that practice though he never quit smoking. I got my revenge when he came out to visit me in California and I wouldn’t let him smoke in my house. :twisted: My house my rules in reverse. He he. I didn’t like the smoke and I’m not sure I’d even call it anger but glad to move away and live under my own rules. It did feel gratifying to have him smoke in the backyard, rain or shine.

No, dogs be crazy.

I had a cd I borrowed from a friend and when I saw him in November I reminded him I still had it. It was one of only a couple of times I saw him during lockdown. He died about five days after that last convo from heart disease. So now I have a cd to remember him by. :cry:
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 14 May 2021, 21:09

Cabbages are great. I use them a fair bit.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 14 May 2021, 21:44

What Min said. Haven't thought through Sunday yet, but I need to do a radio show this weekend and some work maybe so . . . /

Whatever my wife wants. She's crazy for cabbage.

I think they did, but never with the windows up. My dad quit smoking sometime in his late 30s and my mother only smoked off and on, randomly. I'm not mad.

Hell no.

Nope, I think I'm pretty much square with everyone.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 22:18

For a minute there I thought it said: 'Sometime in THE late 30s.'
That would have put you on Omaha Beach in 1944 :-)

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 22:19

Anybody within 200 miles from Houston want a piglet? Dead or alive. They're just 6 weeks old and scrumptious.
We don't have many takers so far. I'll even put them on the barbie for you (no I won't).
Last edited by mudshark on 14 May 2021, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 14 May 2021, 22:20

mudshark wrote:For a minute there I thought it said: 'Sometime in THE late 30s.'
That would have put you on Omaha Beach in 1944 :-)

:lol:
Yeah, nope. My old man was born in '45!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 14 May 2021, 22:23

mudshark wrote:Anybody within 200 miles from Houston want a piglet? Dead or alive.
We don't have much takers so far.

Knorr?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 22:25

They're too young & talented to be turned into bouillon blocks immediately.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 14 May 2021, 22:30

Today off,.need some new bedding gear and do the lawns, now that it's dry. Tomorrow work and do a full store management shift by myself.

Strip and wash the leaves, chop up an onion, make a dressing with vinegar, sugar, a tad of mayonnaise and garlic and serve it with the beautiful barramundi in the fridge tonight.

My parents smoked in the house and in n the car with the kids but they opened the window when they did because my sister and I were always complaining of the smell. Both passed away of lung cancer.

I don't have pets but anything for a good walk/hike ...

I rarely borrow but there are several items my sister still has that belong to me so....

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 22:53

Barramundi...
What a wonderful fish (to eat, never saw one alive). Really delicious and, even here in Texas, only $6.99 a pound (albeit frozen).
I take it you're from Australia? Have you ever had Moreton Bay Bugs? I'd swap you 6 piglets for 2 pounds of them bugs in a heartbeat.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 14 May 2021, 23:38

mudshark wrote:Barramundi...
What a wonderful fish (to eat, never saw one alive). Really delicious and, even here in Texas, only $6.99 a pound (albeit frozen).
I take it you're from Australia? Have you ever had Moreton Bay Bugs? I'd swap you 6 piglets for 2 pounds of them bugs in a heartbeat.

Getting them on a plane might be difficult.....they notoriously want to go first class even when they have economy-tickets.

Barra is terrific, very tender if grilled properly. Can't say I'm familiar with Moreton Bay bugs but will have a look around....

NB, I'm Dutch but migrated to Oz in 1999.