Fwiday Qwestions

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
mudshark

Re: Fwiday Qwestions

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 23:56

Wow. I'm Dutch too, moved to Singapore in 1983, thought of moving to Perth in the late 90's but instead went back to Rotterdam in 2003, after a nasty divorce. I already had a plot in North Fremantle. May the Kookaburra be with you.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 15 May 2021, 11:19

Minnie the Minx wrote:What are you up to this weekend, then?

If it doesn't stop raining, absolutely nothing. Luckily I have an ELP triple live album to enjoy.

Here- I'm giving you a cabbage. What are you going to do with it?

Lightly boil it for about a minute, then saute it in butter and mustard.

Did your parents smoke in the car with you in it? Do you feel angry about it even now?

My dad smoked a pipe in the car to the point we could hardly see out of the windows. He also smoked it in the lounge and I can remember sitting just below the cloud line of his smoke.What is the point of being angry?

If, for a change, a dog offered to walk YOU, would you let them do it?

It would be a disaster. The two Jack Russells I go walking with would drag me through every puddle, into every hedge and through every type of excrement on the route.

Do you have something you've been meaning to give back to someone for ages, and haven't yet? What is the something, and who is the person?

Not that I can think of, but Stan has my new laptop I bought for xmas. He has de bugged it and got rid of all the market ware on it. However he refuses to post it, and I will only , finally get the damn thing on the 25th of this month , after I have driven 300 miles to collect it from him.

You don't like me...do you?

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 15 May 2021, 11:31

What are you up to this weekend, then?

Nothing very interesting. I am off for a week and am keeping my powder dry for Monday when the pubs and theatres reopen

I'm considering posting it to Texas
Though if I'm not being churlish I may sautee it with some pancetta

Did your parents smoke in the car with you in it? Do you feel angry about it even now?
Occasionally, no.

Not my dog. He's a bone idle cunt.
Maybe a more worthwhile dog.

Do you have something you've been meaning to give back to someone for ages, and haven't yet? What is the something, and who is the person?

Two U2 dvds that belong to Del / Snowdog.
I borrowed them last summer but I've not had occasion to see him since, despite the fact he lives a ten minute drive away
The Complete Velvet Underground - Lou Reed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 15 May 2021, 11:34

Send my love to Jamie
I miss that crazy motherfucker
The Complete Velvet Underground - Lou Reed Mp3 set now available in the usual place, should you want one.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 15 May 2021, 14:10

went to a wedding last night. that's about it. i whacked the hell outta my elbow a few days ago, so i think i'm gonna wander around and whine. maybe read a book.

i love cabbage. my first impulse: do what my ma used to do for me when i was a kid. boil up some taytas, carrots, a lil andouille, spices, then last few minutes, add the cabbage. still comfort food for me. also love it in soup, stews, stir-fried, slaw. cabbage is my lil friend.

yep. nope. they both drove like fucquin maniacs. i had other things to worry about.

do i hafta wear a dog collar and a leash? i'm thinkin no.

not anyone living. wait... my sister lent me a mask with morgus the magnificent on it, but there's no way she's gettin that back.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 May 2021, 14:31

Same as it ever was

Make cole slaw

We didn't have a car

I would and I do

Can't say that I have, no
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 15 May 2021, 20:21

Today I went to the farm down the road where they had Native American crafts for sale. I bought some kind of flute like meditation CD. :oops: Tomorrow there's a Maine lobster truck in the neighborhood. We never get any food trucks around here, so it would be rude not to.

Maybe stuff it.

They quit before I was born.

I think it would be a blast if it was a truffle hunting dog and we were in some foothills in Italy.

I have my brother's snowshoes.
The crazy music drives you insane

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 May 2021, 20:55

Livet wrote:
[b]If, for a change, a dog offered to walk YOU, would you let them do it?

I think it would be a blast if it was a truffle hunting dog and we were in some foothills in Italy.

But could you find a truffle?
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 16 May 2021, 17:18

Minnie the Minx wrote: Much more happily, we are going to visit T Berry and family on Saturday afternoon, after many, many months.

Really envious. I miss him loads. He popped up here a few months ago and said he was going to post more. Hasn't been back since as far as I'm aware.
I realise I've missed my chance to send a message but if you're in contact with him any time soon, please pass on my best regards and tell him we want him back here.
Bugger off.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 16 May 2021, 17:43

Rorschach wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote: Much more happily, we are going to visit T Berry and family on Saturday afternoon, after many, many months.

Really envious. I miss him loads. He popped up here a few months ago and said he was going to post more. Hasn't been back since as far as I'm aware.
I realise I've missed my chance to send a message but if you're in contact with him any time soon, please pass on my best regards and tell him we want him back here.

We actually rescheduled for two or three weeks down the road and we'll definitely do that when we see him!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 16 May 2021, 18:18

If I win the lottery in the meantime, I'll be over to join you. We can all buy Nudie suits!
Bugger off.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 16 May 2021, 18:20

Rorschach wrote:If I win the lottery in the meantime, I'll be over to join you. We can all buy Nudie suits!

:D
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 16 May 2021, 19:17

Is Mr. Shuffle still located in New Braunfels? Then we all should get together. It's a 2 hour ride for me.
Last and only time I met him was in The Dickens in London. Must have been 2004 or 2005.

BTW, in case anyone's interested, the last 2 of the 6 piggies will be picked up within the next 36 minutes.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over