in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: RIP Phil the Greek

Postby Deebank » 15 Apr 2021, 20:06

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
better known as the Owen Jones school of journalism. If you don't know, make it up. If it doesn't fit your pov. make it up. If you don't have figures. make it up.

What did I make up exactly?

well, you said " might " before suggesting something of which you had no proof. Which at the very least is fishing. Just like you used the word " seems " in your statement above. Of course we have come to expect this sort of thing from people like you.You don't actually know anything, but you are always willing to think the worst, if it gets a story.

So he admits I made up nothing the lying old toad!

What I did do was point out that Prince Charles was popular in his younger just married days and is now not even Particularly popular with royalists. I merely pointed out the same could happen to William given time.

Hardly wild conjecture.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 16 Apr 2021, 07:24

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
What did I make up exactly?

well, you said " might " before suggesting something of which you had no proof. Which at the very least is fishing. Just like you used the word " seems " in your statement above. Of course we have come to expect this sort of thing from people like you.You don't actually know anything, but you are always willing to think the worst, if it gets a story.

What I did do was point out that Prince Charles was popular in his younger just married days and is now not even Particularly popular with royalists. I merely pointed out the same could happen to William given time.

Hardly wild conjecture.

conjecture nonetheless. Journalism is a nasty , corrupt practice these days, with little thought for accuracy or truth. Opinion and suspicion are the new information. I don't like it.
You don't like me...do you?

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Apr 2021, 08:01

Diamond Dog wrote:
KeithPratt wrote:Be as it may, the point is that the Monarchy performs a function of sorts, otherwise it would simply evaporate as an anachronism.

This is broadly equivalent to saying the reason we didn't give women the vote was because, well, there was a reason they've never been given the vote, you know! *taps side of nose*

It is nothing of the sort.

The Monarchy survives in a democratic environment such as Britain by relying on the consent of the people. If the Monarch did not carry out the civic role she has, then I think the Royal Family would be in a far more problematic position. It has had to adapt continually, all the while maintaining the illusion of centuries-old permanence. All Monarchical institutions do this, as the institution itself changes with the Monarch.

You seem to think that the Royal Family is this archaic 19th century-esque situation where they sit around all day eating caviar and throwing darts at suitors while laughing at poor people.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 16 Apr 2021, 08:56

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Hardly wild conjecture.

conjecture nonetheless. Journalism is a nasty , corrupt practice these days, with little thought for accuracy or truth. Opinion and suspicion are the new information. I don't like it.

Well, it is difficult to talk about the future without a bit of speculation.
But I get what you're saying about journalism. What I don't understand is why you pick on someone like Jones as your evil press whipping boy when there is a much more prominent and egregious liar and fabricator currently sat in No 10 FFS! Sacked twice for his transgressions!

Perhaps if your government had done something (anything!) in response to the phone hacking scandal - and fucking rotters like Johnson weren't promoted and encouraged every time they fucked up - we wouldn't be where we are. :?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 16 Apr 2021, 14:08

According to the BBC, Phil’s funeral “will have his fingerprints all over it”.

I have a hilarious response to that but I’m frightened to post it in case I get arrested.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 16 Apr 2021, 16:57

Hugh wrote:According to the BBC, Phil’s funeral “will have his fingerprints all over it”.

I have a hilarious response to that but I’m frightened to post it in case I get arrested.

Oh go on!

Do it as an alias!
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Apr 2021, 16:58

KeithPratt wrote:You seem to think that the Royal Family is this archaic 19th century-esque situation where they sit around all day eating caviar and throwing darts at suitors while laughing at poor people.

They may not literally but they certainly do figuratively.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Apr 2021, 16:59

And, before you ask, I have no more evidence of my viewpoint than you do of yours.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 16 Apr 2021, 17:08

Rorschach wrote:
Hugh wrote:According to the BBC, Phil’s funeral “will have his fingerprints all over it”.

Oh go on!

Do it as an alias!

it may or may not have had something to do with him being buried in an absolutely fabulous actress and allegedly not for the first time.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Apr 2021, 17:26

:o

Ooh Matron!

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 16 Apr 2021, 18:00

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Hardly wild conjecture.

What "proof" do you expect him to have for something that might happen in the future. Do you have a crystal ball you can lend him so he can be more detailed in his predictions? :lol:

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 16 Apr 2021, 19:28

The Modernist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Hardly wild conjecture.

What "proof" do you expect him to have for something that might happen in the future. Do you have a crystal ball you can lend him so he can be more detailed in his predictions? :lol:

I am not interested in gossip. If you don't have facts to hand when casting aspertions, then it is just that. Haven't you got glass to be selling?
You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 16 Apr 2021, 20:23

yomptepi wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

I am not interested in gossip. If you don't have facts to hand when casting aspertions, then it is just that. Haven't you got glass to be selling?

Anyway since when did you start giving a shit about Prince Charles?

They’ll never give you an OBE you know!

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Apr 2021, 16:11

I checked both yesterday and today.

The sun still rose in the east both days.