yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: The Culture War

Postby yomptepi » 08 Apr 2021, 20:48

Jock wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Yomp's alternative reality!
I have to wonder where your rabid hatred of anything Scottish comes from. Did you accidentally sit on savage thistle as a toddler? It's like a weird persecution complex.

The rise of the SNP is easy to diagnose - it parallels the 'successes' of the tory party and has zero to do with 'hating the English' or any similarities to UKIP or the English far right - politically it is at the opposite end of the scale.

Hardly.Their flag waving ultra nationalism , and consumate hatred of anything English is open and proudly stated. I certainly have nothing against the Scots or Scotland. If only they felt the same way. Demonising England in order to falsely implement a supposedly left wing agenda ( what a fucking joke ) has worked brilliantly. In the meantime Jimmy Cranky has become more like Trump every day, with her criminal activity and outright lies. The whole situation is like a bad episode of the Simpsons. Wrapped in a Sottish flag.

Again tarring every Scot with the same feathers :evil:

Just the SNP and their rabid nazi supporters. As you know John, I have nothing against a reasonable Scotsman. But a reasonable Scot would not be a nationalist.
You don't like me...do you?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 08 Apr 2021, 20:52

Deebank wrote:Who was the sketch character on (I think) Absolutely who stood on the border shouting ‘Bastards!’

Was it McGlashan?

:lol:

McYomp wasn't it?

His Scottish counterpart

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Apr 2021, 09:47

yomptepi wrote:
Jock wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Hardly.Their flag waving ultra nationalism , and consumate hatred of anything English is open and proudly stated. I certainly have nothing against the Scots or Scotland. If only they felt the same way. Demonising England in order to falsely implement a supposedly left wing agenda ( what a fucking joke ) has worked brilliantly. In the meantime Jimmy Cranky has become more like Trump every day, with her criminal activity and outright lies. The whole situation is like a bad episode of the Simpsons. Wrapped in a Sottish flag.

Again tarring every Scot with the same feathers :evil:

Just the SNP and their rabid nazi supporters. As you know John, I have nothing against a reasonable Scotsman. But a reasonable Scot would not be a nationalist.

In a way it’s lovely how the board tolerates such utter fucking drivel and indulges its author. Well done us!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Apr 2021, 10:07

The Prof wrote:
Deebank wrote:Who was the sketch character on (I think) Absolutely who stood on the border shouting ‘Bastards!’

Was it McGlashan?

:lol:

McYomp wasn't it?

His Scottish counterpart

McYomp, Yesterday :

I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Apr 2021, 13:51

yomptepi wrote:. As you know John, I have nothing against a reasonable Scotsman. But a reasonable Scot would not be a nationalist.

Why not?
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

Jock

Postby Jock » 11 Apr 2021, 15:00

Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote:. As you know John, I have nothing against a reasonable Scotsman. But a reasonable Scot would not be a nationalist.

Why not?

Because I don't trust the SNP Pete :D
Always Cheated Never Defeated

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Apr 2021, 10:57

Diamond Dog wrote:

Why not?

Because no one reasonable would be a nationalist. It is not a reasonable position to take. Putting country and nationality ahead of people is absolfuckinglutely unreasonable.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 12 Apr 2021, 11:29

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Why not?

Because no one reasonable would be a nationalist. It is not a reasonable position to take. Putting country and nationality ahead of people is absolfuckinglutely unreasonable.

That rather depends on how you're defining 'nationalist'.

You may not approve of the SNP, or agree with the idea of Scottish independence, but it is not unreasonable for someone to believe that they would be better off independent or to want to have power over decisions that affect them taken away from London and centred more in Scotland. Does that make them nationalists? Because if it doesn't, you're just tilting at windmills.
Personally I don't think Scottish independence is a good idea for either Scotland or England but I don't think you can say that the opposite opinion is necessarily unreasonable.

I have seen a very similar situation playing out in Catalonia and I know a lot of intelligent and reasonable people who want independence for Catalonia. I don't, and some of the politicians and extremists are idiots but there's a lot more to the issue than just them.

These things are a lot more complex that you can grasp in your little corner of England.
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Apr 2021, 18:51

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Why not?

Read Tym's answer to your post.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Apr 2021, 11:04

Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Why not?

Fuck off.

The fulcrum of the SNP's case for leaving the UK was always that we stole their oil from them. Which is nonsense , but moving on, the oil is now worthless. Now they make the most absurd claims about the importance of whiskey. What is certain is that they want to get away from the UK because they hate the English. Hate us with a venom. As soon as one argument falls apart, they come up with another, equally as ridiculous.

I am not against Scottish independence. But I am against it being acheived in the same way as Boris got us out of the EU. The SNP are clearly entirely corrupt, and run by wire by Peter Murell. Their policies are nonsense, and anyone who believes they have even the slightest left wing leaning is clearly not looking at the wider effects of their policies, especially concerning the less well off and the unemployed.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 13 Apr 2021, 12:38

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Fuck off.

:o

yomptepi wrote:The fulcrum of the SNP's case for leaving the UK was always that we stole their oil from them. Which is nonsense , but moving on, the oil is now worthless. Now they make the most absurd claims about the importance of whiskey. What is certain is that they want to get away from the UK because they hate the English. Hate us with a venom. As soon as one argument falls apart, they come up with another, equally as ridiculous.

I am not against Scottish independence. But I am against it being acheived in the same way as Boris got us out of the EU. The SNP are clearly entirely corrupt, and run by wire by Peter Murell. Their policies are nonsense, and anyone who believes they have even the slightest left wing leaning is clearly not looking at the wider effects of their policies, especially concerning the less well off and the unemployed.

You just make this up as you go along, don't you.
Bugger off.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Apr 2021, 13:02

Rorschach wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Fuck off.

:o

yomptepi wrote:The fulcrum of the SNP's case for leaving the UK was always that we stole their oil from them. Which is nonsense , but moving on, the oil is now worthless. Now they make the most absurd claims about the importance of whiskey. What is certain is that they want to get away from the UK because they hate the English. Hate us with a venom. As soon as one argument falls apart, they come up with another, equally as ridiculous.

You just make this up as you go along, don't you.

Or you could have a look at the facts. NSO is still uneconomic, as it costs double to extract than it does to sell. Three of the worlds best selling whiskeys are now Japanese. Peter Murill ( aka Mr Sturgeon and head of the SNP) was responsible for the whole Salmond debacle, and for anouncing that his wife had "done nothing wrong" before closing the case. Scotland is rotten to the core under the SNP. I am in favour of independence if only because it might stop the cunts whining on about how much they hate us , and making up stuff to prove their lies. Scotland deserves better than these Tartan Tories.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 13 Apr 2021, 13:08

I don't know much about this subject but you're not talking about what I wrote. You said that no-one reasonable could be a nationalist and I pointed out that that was not correct. But you've just ignored it in favour of ranting. You're ultimately not much better than Jimbo.
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Apr 2021, 15:27

Rorschach wrote:I don't know much about this subject but you're not talking about what I wrote. You said that no-one reasonable could be a nationalist and I pointed out that that was not correct. But you've just ignored it in favour of ranting. You're ultimately not much better than Jimbo.

He's learnt the Johnson/Trump 'art' of deflection and bluster better than almost they themselves did.

He's full of utter bollocks and he knows it too. He tries to hide his right wing heart with ranting, but it's always there, simmering away beneath the surface.

Jock

Postby Jock » 13 Apr 2021, 19:31

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Fuck off.

The fulcrum of the SNP's case for leaving the UK was always that we stole their oil from them. Which is nonsense , but moving on, the oil is now worthless. Now they make the most absurd claims about the importance of whiskey. What is certain is that they want to get away from the UK because they hate the English. Hate us with a venom. As soon as one argument falls apart, they come up with another, equally as ridiculous.

Yomp. It's time you got off the hatred kick. We don't hate the English. I don't know how many times i've told you :(
Always Cheated Never Defeated

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 13 Apr 2021, 20:10

and The SNP existed long before Oil became an issue.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 14 Apr 2021, 11:18

Jimbly wrote:and The SNP existed long before Oil became an issue.

Honestly! You Scotch people with your facts and rational arguments! What's wrong with you?
Can't you see that Yomp's bilious, senile, truth-dodging rants are what we should all be listening too?
Bugger off.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 14 Apr 2021, 13:32

But Independence didn't have any legs until Salmond weaponised oil. In his magnificent tome of self delusion published for the " Once in a lifetime " referendum, he states that the price of NSO would never drop below $120 a barrell. So when it hit $30 he had more than a little egg on his face. Which remains there as Oil has nowhere neaer recovered. Oil was to be the financial cornerstone of the New Napoleonic era ushered in by him and his SNP cronies. Once it was gone however, suddenly the message changed, and Whiskey was the new oil. Isn't life simple? And now Whiskey is tanking I suspect Buckfast will be on the rise...

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 14 Apr 2021, 13:57

yomptepi wrote:

But Independence didn't have any legs until Salmond weaponised oil. In his magnificent tome of self delusion published for the " Once in a lifetime " referendum, he states that the price of NSO would never drop below $120 a barrell. So when it hit $30 he had more than a little egg on his face. Which remains there as Oil has nowhere neaer recovered. Oil was to be the financial cornerstone of the New Napoleonic era ushered in by him and his SNP cronies. Once it was gone however, suddenly the message changed, and Whiskey was the new oil. Isn't life simple? And now Whiskey is tanking I suspect Buckfast will be on the rise...

Buckfast is made in Devon you numpty! :lol:

I can't help feeling that Yomp's Jockophobia has hijacked the thread.
Last edited by Deebank on 14 Apr 2021, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Apr 2021, 14:19

Deebank wrote:
I can't help felling that Yomp's Jockophobia has hijacked the thread.

Which is the exact intent of it.