GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

The last poll of the year

Postby GoogaMooga » 31 Dec 2020, 00:13

A little enquete to finish the year:

Which is better, Dec 31st or Jan 1st??
Dec 31st is big bang
Jan 1st is ski jump from Garmisch Partenkirchen
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: The last poll of the year

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Dec 2020, 13:52

Both NYE and NYD are some of my favourite times of the year. I would routinely work Xmas in the NHS in order to have all of New Year off. I like the build up to midnight and a nice, still icy cold NYD with a walk in some hills and chips for tea. The weather is due to be sunny and cool tomorrow, so a walk out to some hill country parks will be in order once we stir.

Today, though, Austin has jet black skies and torrential rain. I'm pleased about this as I'm hoping it will turn people off the idea of congregating in restaurants and bars- there is a legal shitshow going down today as the city try and impose a curfew as we are running out of hospital and ICU beds. Cunt governor and AG however are enjoying the sound of their own, gun toting, flag waving voices and declaring this an affront to humanity and I hope they drown in a cesspit full of the sputum of a thousand Covid-19 sufferers, with a load of nurses and doctors stood around pissing on them for extra measure.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 31 Dec 2020, 15:14

Nothing says new year, new beginnings more than a good old ski jump from Garmisch Partenkirchen. It’s a tradition round our way to secure 2 planks of wood to our feet and bravely launch ourselves from Midsomer Norton slag heap. My record is 17 miles. 29 feet from the top of the slag heap and the rest by Ambulance to the Royal United Hospital in Bath.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 31 Dec 2020, 15:38

Help, I'm dying here! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by GoogaMooga on 31 Dec 2020, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Dec 2020, 15:38

:lol: :lol:

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 31 Dec 2020, 15:55

I went with Jan 1 although I've got no idea what "ski jump from Garmisch Partenkirchen" :lol:

While we celebrate and I've had wonderful NYE celebrations. There is something about waking up on Jan 1 (hopefully not too hungover) and having that first cup of Coffee and peeping out the window at the world. For a bunch of years we did a brunch in the city and loved walking thru the streets bringing in the new year.

However, looks like this year Jan 1st, I'll be heading to Long Island to take pictures of a snowy owl.

Last weekends walk to the Tree at Rockefeller Center.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Dec 2020, 15:59

Good luck with the snowy owl pics! That sounds perfect.

Dr Markus wrote:

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 31 Dec 2020, 18:01

January 1 for me, thanks!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 31 Dec 2020, 19:25

Dec 31st because I can crank the Spector box

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 31 Dec 2020, 19:26

Which I am about to do...

Return to “Nextdoorland”