President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Postby kath » 07 Jan 2021, 21:23

Deebank wrote:I was impressed with Biden's speech yesterday - compare and contrast it with that of the current POTUS.

he was pretty forceful and direct today, too. he's puttin it all right at the feet of trump, his seditious enablers, and the rabid rioters for trump.

it's good.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 07 Jan 2021, 22:27

kath wrote:
Dr. Baron wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Can we PLEASE start using this thread instead of the other one? Mentally he checked out a while ago, but in two weeks the thread title will no longer be accurate.

I don’t understand. Surely discussion about the Trump regime and its ongoing, escalating skullduggeries go there and talk about, oh, say, nominations for the Biden Justice Department go here?

well, i resolve to... fluctuate. mwhahaha.

but i see where hatz is comin from. trump, the mildewy, psycho fucque, deserves no more air time and boosting. the foulness is toxic.

at the same time, there is mildewy, psycho fucquery that will happen in the next two weeks before biden takes over. it wouldn't be right to put that in this biden thread. no reason to do that. i honestly think biden has handled all this well. whatever flaws biden may have, we all know it's gonna be miles better. compared to these past four years, lordddd, there is gonna be a majority of sanity.

that said, shit is goin on.

both threads exist for a reason... for two weeks, anyway.

it's gettin exponentially worse for trump... which, with a malignant narcissisist, means he's gonna get worse, or try to.

Well said, both a' yez.

I'm letting my desire to not have to think about him anymore get the best of me; simple as that. It's best for my sanity that I pretend that he's already not president anymore, since, for all intents and purposes, he's not. But I think a certain amount of 'letting him live for free in my head' is inevitable.

I count my blessings every day that the end is in sight. I just hope there's not too much damage done to my, and our country's collective, psyche before then.

And I'm grateful to have your perspective rather than the starter of "that" thread at least. I can only imagine what mental knots he's tying himself into to justify him.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Jan 2021, 18:16

One week away!

We can at least get this thread up to ONE hundred pages in the next four years, right?
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 13 Jan 2021, 19:00

toomanyhatz wrote:One week away!

We can at least get this thread up to ONE hundred pages in the next four years, right?

We can try. Problem is, he's unlikely to be so staggeringly newsworthy. Boris Johnson is a terrible man in the eyes of most of the Brits on this board but he's just corrupt and incompetent so there's no big discussion about that. It's just depressing.

Trump is/was something else. (Hopefully) We shall not see his like again.
Bugger off.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Jan 2021, 16:08

I hope Joe is on a lilo with a G&T today. His last Friday off!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 16 Jan 2021, 18:13

Bugger off.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 20 Jan 2021, 12:26

WELCOME JOE BIDEN! What a huge job you have ahead. If I believed in God I’d pray for you, but I wish you all the best.

The last chance for human survival on this planet begins today.

Our fate rests on all of us, but it can only be done with real leadership and now I think we’ll have that. Have to it people.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 20 Jan 2021, 16:19

President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

I like the sound of it.

No, it doesn’t solve everything. But at least it makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, we’re not quite doomed.

That’s a hell of a thing for that to be a strange feeling.
Footy wrote:

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 Jan 2021, 16:32

Anybody watching the inauguration?
I don't normally care for that sort of thing but I might raise a glass to the occasion this time.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 Jan 2021, 16:39

Gasp!

Did you see that!!??

Obama and Harris did a TERRORIST FIST BUMP!!!!
Bugger off.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Jan 2021, 17:05

LADY GA GA

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Jan 2021, 17:20

Not a bad speech, but I wish he'd talked more about American carnage.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 20 Jan 2021, 17:33

How very refreshing to listen to a decent piece of rhetoric rather than a load of rabble-rousing whiny mendacious nonsense.
You can colour me impressed.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Jan 2021, 17:36

Charlie O. wrote:Not a bad speech, but I wish he'd talked more about American carnage.

Why? Their last album was SHITE.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Jan 2021, 02:57

I turned on PBS news tonight and wondered who the red haired woman was talking in front of the WH and then when she said goodbye and stated she was the president’s press secretary it clicked. That’s right, we don’t have those awful Trump enablers spewing political vomit at the camera anymore.

Hoo Za! It feels so damn good.
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 22 Jan 2021, 03:16

It’s reported that Senator Manchin (Democrat of WV) said a little while back that he was against ditching the filibuster, so if that’s how it is, all the other democrats would have to want it and manage to get a Republican to go along with it if they want to do all the things they want to do.

The judicial filibuster is gone, as I recall, so we’ll see if Justice Breyer hangs up his hat at the end of this term.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 23 Jan 2021, 03:41

Glenn Greenwald
Jan. 19, 2021
The New Domestic War on Terror is Coming

No speculation is needed. Those who wield power are demanding it. The only question is how much opposition they will encounter.

The last two weeks have ushered in a wave of new domestic police powers and rhetoric in the name of fighting “terrorism” that are carbon copies of many of the worst excesses of the first War on Terror that began nearly twenty years ago. This trend shows no sign of receding as we move farther from the January 6 Capitol riot. The opposite is true: it is intensifying.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-ne ... 9SpE1SMA4E

Really.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Mahatma Gandhi

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 23 Jan 2021, 20:46

I agree that we should be cautious and resist the temptation to pass sweeping laws treading on the Fourth and First Amendments, but the author makes some sneaky and disingenuous rhetorical moves, including a fair few false equivalencies. It almost seems as though he has set up a straw man that did not need to be torn down! And then there's the thinly-veiled preemptive defense of President Trump, his cohorts, and the words and deeds that spurred on the failed coup. Whether Trump's words and actions were an "incitement to violence" under current criminal law is wholly irrelevant to the urgent necessity of his impeachment and the validity of that undertaking, which is not bound by the strictures of criminal law or the protections of the First Amendment. There can also be no argument that the United States now faces threats from within that we have not faced in any of our lifetimes, and those threats were coddled and encouraged by the last administration. I have no problem at all with the Biden DOJ focusing on these threats and using existing law and authority to investigate and punish, as necessary.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 23 Jan 2021, 21:53

^

Really. And bravo.

The only thing I can add is a lot of people talk about the first amendment without understanding what it says, and means.

Social media companies like Twitter and Facebook are not government entities, for example. And we all signed away our rights to "yell 'fire' in a crowded theater" the second we signed up, and agreed to abide by their interpretation of what constituted that rather than ours.

Thank you, democracy.
Footy wrote:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2021, 00:34

Occupying Syrian oil fields. Very nice.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Mahatma Gandhi