Corona kind of Life.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby souphound » 04 May 2021, 14:24

No words. That is so sad.

:(
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 07 May 2021, 15:11

Rorschach wrote:Oh god.

A work colleague of my wife was eight months pregnant with twins. She got Covid and quickly had to be admitted to hospital and is now in intensive care. And I just heard she's lost the babies. I don't know any more than that, and I don't even know the woman, but I'm struggling to keep it together. My wife's in a worse state. I can't imagine what it's like for the woman and her family.

This really isn't over yet.

We just heard that she died too, leaving a husband and six year old daughter. It's so cruel.
Bugger off.

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 08 May 2021, 19:02

Rorschach wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Oh god.

A work colleague of my wife was eight months pregnant with twins. She got Covid and quickly had to be admitted to hospital and is now in intensive care. And I just heard she's lost the babies. I don't know any more than that, and I don't even know the woman, but I'm struggling to keep it together. My wife's in a worse state. I can't imagine what it's like for the woman and her family.

This really isn't over yet.

We just heard that she died too, leaving a husband and six year old daughter. It's so cruel.

I'm so sorry to hear this. That's incredibly sad.
The crazy music drives you insane

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 08 May 2021, 23:28

Cruel indeed. :(
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 08 May 2021, 23:49

Sad. Unfortunately these things are happening every 5 minutes in India, Brazil, Nepal, etc. We need to vaccinate the world, PDQ. Where I'm living (Tomball, TX) things are getting better. Not because of our state government though! Despite the fact that our governor has officially declared the virus 'defeated', there's still a mask mandate in the major supermarkets (HEB, Kroger) and even at Walmart. We're not nearly done with this. The soon to be most populated nation in the world has the mother of all outbreaks. Send all available shots there. Those people are sensible, unlike some American and European people who think it's all a hoax. This is about survival.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 09 May 2021, 19:33

mudshark wrote:Sad. Unfortunately these things are happening every 5 minutes in India, Brazil, Nepal, etc.

You're right, of course and, as I said, I didn't even know her.
But there's something about having some link, however tenuous, that makes it more real, and so much more personal than all the horrific statistics from countries all over the world.
To imagine the sheer misery that so many individuals are going through, it really doesn't bear thinking about.
Bugger off.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 09 May 2021, 20:07

mudshark wrote:Those people are sensible, unlike some American and European people who think it's all a hoax. This is about survival.

I agree with you about the sending of vaccines but Covid denial and lack of social distancing/mask wearing is rife there, too. We may not hear every day about India’s covid deniers because we are not listening to their news or reading their papers but you’d better believe it exists.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 09 May 2021, 21:33

Minnie the Minx wrote:
mudshark wrote:Those people are sensible, unlike some American and European people who think it's all a hoax. This is about survival.

I agree with you about the sending of vaccines but Covid denial and lack of social distancing/mask wearing is rife there, too. We may not hear every day about India’s covid deniers because we are not listening to their news or reading their papers but you’d better believe it exists.

That's what I've heard too. There's apparently a lot of belief in traditional medicine in some areas on top of Covid denial and vaccine hesitancy.
Bugger off.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 May 2021, 15:07

I had a Covid test yesterday morning via a drive-through appointment system at my local hospital. It was all very smoothly operated. They swabbed my throat and then did a deeper swab into each of my nostrils - not that pleasant as I kept wanting to sneeze but I'm glad to say it's come back negative this afternoon.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 25 May 2021, 16:24

Apparently, along with Bolton, Leicester, Houndslow and a few other areas, we now can't travel in or out of the district.

Useless incompetent Therese Coffey says all the Councils were informed. None of them were.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 26 May 2021, 13:01

Jesus. Cummings is really laying into the government (and himself):
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 May 2021, 17:05

Rorschach wrote:Jesus. Cummings is really laying into the government (and himself):

I am conflicted. Cummings is the devil, obviously, but today he is on the side of the angels - sort of.

We all knew this stuff already but it is quite another thing altogether to have the PM's chief advisor confirm it all. "Matt Hancock should have been sacked 20 times." :lol:

ALso 'The PM is unfot for office' or words to that effect.

It's fucking tragic really though.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 26 May 2021, 19:24

He is proving again what a git he is.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 26 May 2021, 19:37

He had to move his family out of London because of death threats. That's bad but I wish someone had asked for some kind of evidence in police records to back that up. It is possible that he just thought of a better story for driving to Durham. And he wasn’t under oath.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 27 May 2021, 08:49

Positive Passion wrote:He is proving again what a git he is.

Why? You should applaud him for telling the truth.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 27 May 2021, 10:50

The Modernist wrote:

When has he ever told the truth? He has been the cancerous heart of an incompetant government , and has revelled in his ability to lie and misinform at will. Are you now going to believe him just because it suits your political outlook. He should be ignored and I would not be unhappy if he was forced to move everywhere he goes. He is a really nasty piece of work. A pathetic and vindictive cunt.
You don't like me...do you?

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 27 May 2021, 11:58

yomptepi wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

When has he ever told the truth? He has been the cancerous heart of an incompetant government , and has revelled in his ability to lie and misinform at will. Are you now going to believe him just because it suits your political outlook. He should be ignored and I would not be unhappy if he was forced to move everywhere he goes. He is a really nasty piece of work. A pathetic and vindictive cunt.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying but I think that if his vindictiveness serves to bring out some truths then we should be happy to listen to it.
Just as a torturer is likely to know more about what goes on behind the scenes than his victims, so we have more chance of finding out the truth from a major player in this government than from anyone who merely suffers from it.

We should listen to what he has to say and try to verify as much as possible. Just ignoring it because "he is a really nasty piece of work" would be foolish.
Bugger off.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 27 May 2021, 13:49

I'm sure yesterday was the brief intro to his upcoming book. He's a little weasel and Johnson is a big weasel.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 27 May 2021, 14:46

I DO hope his book is called ‘Cummings and Goings’!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 May 2021, 16:18

This was actually covered in my local French language newspaper this morning, briefly. This paper is rather local-minded and generally dedicates only one to three pages at most - usually one - to international matters (and also remarkably little on the rest of Canada).

Must have been a very slow news day.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.