Corona kind of Life.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Positive Passion

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Positive Passion » 27 May 2021, 18:08

The Modernist wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:He is proving again what a git he is.

Why? You should applaud him for telling the truth.

Isn't that what he is supposed to do?

But the real point is that all his actions that are in the public eye have been entirely self-serving and not in the best interests of anybody else - travelling to Durham, taking part in SAGE meetings, illegally proroguing parliament - not the govt he was employed by, not joe public and not the more abstract concept of the "nation". Speaking "the truth" now is part of the same pattern.

Of course you don't ignore what he says, but you have to recognise that he is saying it for his own self-interest.

And even then we didn't really need him to tell us the "truths" that Hancock should be fired or that Johnson is unfit to be PM.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 28 May 2021, 08:05

Positive Passion wrote:
And even then we didn't really need him to tell us the "truths" that Hancock should be fired or that Johnson is unfit to be PM.

No, we don't, but perhaps some other people do.
Bugger off.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 29 May 2021, 03:47

The vaccine uptake in Australia has been very slow. Government has determined that all over-50s will get AstroZeneca, anyone else under that age Pfizer. That has led to a great reticence of the elderly to get vaccinated as there's still a lot of debate about the safety and accuracy of AZ.

Since last week there is a mass vaccination hub opened at Olympic Park here in Sydney. First week only for AZ-vaccinations, now also for Pfizer. Lots of pushing for people to get the vaccine but not much happening....

....until Melbourne had to go into shutdown on Friday for a week after a sudden outbreak of COVID in the northern suburbs.

I'm here at that hub getting my vaccine and the lines are incredible!
Nothing like a good old fashioned bit of scaremongering to get people moving.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.