Corona kind of Life.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Deebank » 26 Sep 2021, 10:38

this made me chuckle:

I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 27 Sep 2021, 12:35

Current situation in my neck of the woods: My vax certificate allows me to attend 3-G* indoor events unmasked, which is nice.

* stands for "geimpft, getestet, genesen" (vaccinated, tested [in the last 48 hours] or recovered).

Meanwhile, the number of sceptics, critics or vocal to hysterical opponents remains very high and the percentage of fully vaccinated people is stalling around 55%.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 Sep 2021, 16:59

On te vaccination front, I must say we're doing quite well over here. In Montreal, we're at about 82% with one dose and 75% with two. For the province as a whole, those numbers are a bit lower of course, being at about 79%/73%.

Still, the government has had to pass a law outlawing anti-vaxx demonstations outside of schools, hospitals and the likes. Anti-vaxxer demonstrations plying their trade in front of and targeting little kids FOR F*XX SAKES! :x

I fully respect for dissenting opinions to have the right to be heard, but there are ways to do this. Leave the kids and hospital workers out of this please.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 27 Sep 2021, 20:45

it's rougher for me now socially than at any time since TRUMP first got elected. I know the smell of burning bridges and I'm afraid I might be gagging on it. I mean, I hope not. I'm a people person.

it's easy to tell who the anti-vaxxers are because it's all they want to talk about.
there's no reasoning with them so the things you want to say to TRY to reason with them just back up and you get frustrated and tempers flare and I hate it. It seems like it's getting worse instead of better.
uggy poopy doody.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 28 Sep 2021, 16:08

Deebank wrote:this made me chuckle:

:lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » Yesterday, 19:42

I went to a concert last night in an old theater that seats about 1,000 people. There were probably 900 people in attendance and I noticed quite a few without masks including people sitting next to me to the left and in the row in front of me. The acoustic bass was a bit boomy sounding so we moved from our second row seats near the p.a. to the upper section to escape that issue which was slightly improved and there we had empty rows around us so felt a little better in that way too. Our county still requires masks indoors so not sure why so many didn’t wear them other than covid fatigue and/or beligerence. Hard to know but it would be near impossible to enforce with a crowd that size outside of a general announcement. That kind of seals it for me for going to any significant sized venue until things improve a little. Wearing a mask for 2.5 hrs is no fun but at least it was a sit down, non dancing event.
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury