Corona kind of Life.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 25961
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby souphound » 04 May 2021, 14:24

No words. That is so sad.

:(
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3122
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Rorschach » 07 May 2021, 15:11

Rorschach wrote:Oh god.

A work colleague of my wife was eight months pregnant with twins. She got Covid and quickly had to be admitted to hospital and is now in intensive care. And I just heard she's lost the babies. I don't know any more than that, and I don't even know the woman, but I'm struggling to keep it together. My wife's in a worse state. I can't imagine what it's like for the woman and her family.

This really isn't over yet.


We just heard that she died too, leaving a husband and six year old daughter. It's so cruel.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Livet
'progressively malty'
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:19
Location: The Glen

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Livet » 08 May 2021, 19:02

Rorschach wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Oh god.

A work colleague of my wife was eight months pregnant with twins. She got Covid and quickly had to be admitted to hospital and is now in intensive care. And I just heard she's lost the babies. I don't know any more than that, and I don't even know the woman, but I'm struggling to keep it together. My wife's in a worse state. I can't imagine what it's like for the woman and her family.

This really isn't over yet.


We just heard that she died too, leaving a husband and six year old daughter. It's so cruel.


I'm so sorry to hear this. That's incredibly sad.
The crazy music drives you insane

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 16029
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Belle Lettre » 08 May 2021, 23:28

Cruel indeed. :(
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
mudshark
Posts: 596
Joined: 25 Jul 2003, 03:51

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby mudshark » 08 May 2021, 23:49

Sad. Unfortunately these things are happening every 5 minutes in India, Brazil, Nepal, etc. We need to vaccinate the world, PDQ. Where I'm living (Tomball, TX) things are getting better. Not because of our state government though! Despite the fact that our governor has officially declared the virus 'defeated', there's still a mask mandate in the major supermarkets (HEB, Kroger) and even at Walmart. We're not nearly done with this. The soon to be most populated nation in the world has the mother of all outbreaks. Send all available shots there. Those people are sensible, unlike some American and European people who think it's all a hoax. This is about survival.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3122
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Rorschach » 09 May 2021, 19:33

mudshark wrote:Sad. Unfortunately these things are happening every 5 minutes in India, Brazil, Nepal, etc.


You're right, of course and, as I said, I didn't even know her.
But there's something about having some link, however tenuous, that makes it more real, and so much more personal than all the horrific statistics from countries all over the world.
To imagine the sheer misery that so many individuals are going through, it really doesn't bear thinking about.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32288
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 May 2021, 20:07

mudshark wrote:Those people are sensible, unlike some American and European people who think it's all a hoax. This is about survival.


I agree with you about the sending of vaccines but Covid denial and lack of social distancing/mask wearing is rife there, too. We may not hear every day about India’s covid deniers because we are not listening to their news or reading their papers but you’d better believe it exists.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3122
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Corona kind of Life.

Postby Rorschach » 09 May 2021, 21:33

Minnie the Minx wrote:
mudshark wrote:Those people are sensible, unlike some American and European people who think it's all a hoax. This is about survival.


I agree with you about the sending of vaccines but Covid denial and lack of social distancing/mask wearing is rife there, too. We may not hear every day about India’s covid deniers because we are not listening to their news or reading their papers but you’d better believe it exists.


That's what I've heard too. There's apparently a lot of belief in traditional medicine in some areas on top of Covid denial and vaccine hesitancy.
Bugger off.