rate your hangover

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 26379
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: rate your hangover

Postby souphound » 29 Jul 2020, 13:26

Minnie the Minx wrote:You people eat broiled seal! Don’t come lecturing me about breakfast!



Not lecturing anyone. Actually, I was just trying to point out that sometimes, things that are popular in one region are not so much in others. Jimbo's breakfasts description usually give me the heebie-jeebies. Not saying it's not good or even not good for you (what do I know?!?). I would just shy away from that table.

Brits and others (Aussies) would probably find my love of peanut butter a bit repulsive while they chomp away on some marmite covered thingamabob.

In the end, having breakfast is the important thing here. Whatever is on your plate.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 29 Jul 2020, 13:58

souphound wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:You people eat broiled seal! Don’t come lecturing me about breakfast!



Not lecturing anyone. Actually, I was just trying to point out that sometimes, things that are popular in one region are not so much in others. Jimbo's breakfasts description usually give me the heebie-jeebies. Not saying it's not good or even not good for you (what do I know?!?). I would just shy away from that table.

Brits and others (Aussies) would probably find my love of peanut butter a bit repulsive while they chomp away on some marmite covered thingamabob.

In the end, having breakfast is the important thing here. Whatever is on your plate.


I know I was joking! :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 26379
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: rate your hangover

Postby souphound » 29 Jul 2020, 15:06

Minnie the Minx wrote:
souphound wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:You people eat broiled seal! Don’t come lecturing me about breakfast!



Not lecturing anyone. Actually, I was just trying to point out that sometimes, things that are popular in one region are not so much in others. Jimbo's breakfasts description usually give me the heebie-jeebies. Not saying it's not good or even not good for you (what do I know?!?). I would just shy away from that table.

Brits and others (Aussies) would probably find my love of peanut butter a bit repulsive while they chomp away on some marmite covered thingamabob.

In the end, having breakfast is the important thing here. Whatever is on your plate.


I know I was joking! :)


I know, but would you agree that having breakfast (anything at all) is way better than not?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40867
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: rate your hangover

Postby harvey k-tel » 29 Jul 2020, 17:50

Minnie the Minx wrote:You people eat broiled seal! Don’t come lecturing me about breakfast!


Excuse me? I'll have you know we eat it raw, with a bit of soy sauce.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11516
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Samoan » 29 Jul 2020, 18:23

souphound wrote:..

Actually, I was just trying to point out that sometimes, things that are popular in one region are not so much in others. Jimbo's breakfasts description usually give me the heebie-jeebies. Not saying it's not good or even not good for you (what do I know?!?). I would just shy away from that table.
..

He just makes that stuff up.

He had two breakfasts in the space of about 6 hours once.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 26379
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: rate your hangover

Postby souphound » 29 Jul 2020, 19:46

Samoan wrote:
souphound wrote:..

Actually, I was just trying to point out that sometimes, things that are popular in one region are not so much in others. Jimbo's breakfasts description usually give me the heebie-jeebies. Not saying it's not good or even not good for you (what do I know?!?). I would just shy away from that table.
..

He just makes that stuff up.

He had two breakfasts in the space of about 6 hours once.


:o :D :o :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 30 Jul 2020, 02:09

I’ve had a LOT of wine with a pal on a much needed Skype. I reckon tomorrow I’ll feel worse than a divorcee in a hotel with a wine crate but it’ll all be worth it come the morning taco!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Six String
Posts: 22487
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Six String » 31 Jul 2020, 05:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’ve had a LOT of wine with a pal on a much needed Skype. I reckon tomorrow I’ll feel worse than a divorcee in a hotel with a wine crate but it’ll all be worth it come the morning taco!


You go girl!
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 31 Jul 2020, 13:35

Les! One of my favourite enablers! :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Six String
Posts: 22487
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Six String » 31 Jul 2020, 19:20

You’re welcome! I bought a bottle of gin today, first in quite some time. TROUBLE!
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 19 Sep 2020, 19:20

About a 6/10.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 12 Nov 2020, 13:29

2/10
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40867
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: rate your hangover

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Nov 2020, 14:15

Well done!

(or did the raccoons steal all the booze?)
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 12 Nov 2020, 14:18

:D

That one I sent you a pic of going up my pal’s leg later sat and chewed at my feet like those fish that used to be popular in beauty salons. I think I see a business model being born!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40867
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: rate your hangover

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Nov 2020, 15:22

Haha!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

User avatar
Six String
Posts: 22487
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Six String » 12 Nov 2020, 16:25

I too can report a 2/10. We had great fun.
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 08 Mar 2021, 16:00

8/10
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector
Posts: 32651
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 26 Mar 2021, 17:55

5/10
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 26379
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: rate your hangover

Postby souphound » 26 Mar 2021, 19:20

Just curious. Do you see the rating as level of discomfort due to or quality of said hangover(s). I tend to see these numbers and think that an 8 out of 10 is "more serious" than a 4 out of 10, say. So, not a matter of what one was trying to achieve but rather how much they are "affected" by.

Also, would you agree that the best cure for a hangover is food? I used to go to bread/baked goods whenever I had a whopper. If it was a weekend, of course, all bets were off, sadly. If it was a beer-induced hangover, people used to say that having one upon waking was a remedy of sorts.

As I said, I'm just being curious. I have too much time on my hands these days.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Six String
Posts: 22487
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Six String » 26 Mar 2021, 20:29

I had a friend who used Pedialyte (electrolytes) to recover. He bought it by the case. Fluids are huge since that is part of the reason for feeling like crap but food certainly helps as well. One of my epic tequila drunks at a Willie Nelson concert in Austin in ‘82 was treated with Huevos Rancheros the next day but I can’t remember if it helped. :D It didn’t hurt.
The future is not what it used to be?
Mickey Newbury