rate your hangover

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Re: rate your hangover

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 13 May 2021, 00:37

We were at the beach for Mother's Day weekend and me and brother of Baron (M) were on the balcony of our room watching the world go by - about 8pm. I noticed this woman at the bottom of the boardwalk, and recognised her as one of a couple of women who were wrestling in the waves and screeching with laughter at about 3pm earlier that day. She was stood at the end of the boardwalk with her hands forward and pointed down, as if about to dive in a pool, except instead of that, she lunged forward several steps and bounced from boardwalk wall to boardwalk wall. M said, is THAT the woman who was drunk at 3pm? And indeed it was. Five hours later her heroic drinking had brought her to this point, unable to stand and pinging like a bikini wearing pinball from side to side. In the blink of an eye she had made it to the steps to descend, much to our alarm as she was blatantly going to faceplant. Luckily, strangers saw the danger and propped her up as she made her way down the steps to a jeep in the car park where the woman that she had been frolicking with in the ocean was laid under (under) peuking into a bucket. On either side of the jeep were people trying to help her, but every time they pulled her out from under the jeep she vomited and they all jumped back till she had finished. Still-standing woman came over to survey what her comrade in beer was doing, and she put her hands on her hips and shouted at the jeep people to FUCK OFF AND LEAVE HER LEAVE HER. Then, two people walked past and she blagged a big joint off them, took a big toke and they then tried to help the vomiter, at which point still standing woman said LEAVE HER and tried to hit them, but fell backwards and smashed her head on the port-a-potty.

It all ended when four people managed to lift the under the jeep woman into the jeep, and the still standing woman staggered in and was folded up like an IKEA chair into a shape that fitted. This whole thing - the getting people into the jeep thing - took about two hours.

Anyway, I was thinking the next day about how long it's been since I have been that wasted - at least ten years thank god- and how bad their hangovers would be in the morning. But I don't know, they're young! I could go at it then too - now my weekly bottle of wine leaves me feeling quite vile!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 May 2021, 07:15

Minnie the Minx wrote:We were at the beach for Mother's Day weekend and me and brother of Baron (M) were on the balcony of our room watching the world go by - about 8pm. I noticed this woman at the bottom of the boardwalk, and recognised her as one of a couple of women who were wrestling in the waves and screeching with laughter at about 3pm earlier that day. She was stood at the end of the boardwalk with her hands forward and pointed down, as if about to dive in a pool, except instead of that, she lunged forward several steps and bounced from boardwalk wall to boardwalk wall. M said, is THAT the woman who was drunk at 3pm? And indeed it was. Five hours later her heroic drinking had brought her to this point, unable to stand and pinging like a bikini wearing pinball from side to side. In the blink of an eye she had made it to the steps to descend, much to our alarm as she was blatantly going to faceplant. Luckily, strangers saw the danger and propped her up as she made her way down the steps to a jeep in the car park where the woman that she had been frolicking with in the ocean was laid under (under) peuking into a bucket. On either side of the jeep were people trying to help her, but every time they pulled her out from under the jeep she vomited and they all jumped back till she had finished. Still-standing woman came over to survey what her comrade in beer was doing, and she put her hands on her hips and shouted at the jeep people to FUCK OFF AND LEAVE HER LEAVE HER. Then, two people walked past and she blagged a big joint off them, took a big toke and they then tried to help the vomiter, at which point still standing woman said LEAVE HER and tried to hit them, but fell backwards and smashed her head on the port-a-potty.

It all ended when four people managed to lift the under the jeep woman into the jeep, and the still standing woman staggered in and was folded up like an IKEA chair into a shape that fitted. This whole thing - the getting people into the jeep thing - took about two hours.

Anyway, I was thinking the next day about how long it's been since I have been that wasted - at least ten years thank god- and how bad their hangovers would be in the morning. But I don't know, they're young! I could go at it then too - now my weekly bottle of wine leaves me feeling quite vile!

What a story. I just polished off a bottle of red (a half is my usual) and I’m smoking weed so who knows. Water is my friend at this point. I love water, me. Soccer gsme tomorrow evening. Rebecca’s grand daughter is playing. She’s ace and I’m not saying that cause I know her. She’s a mid back and she still manages to score regularly.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 May 2021, 17:19

I feel fine this morning. That rouge must have lacked in sulfites. It was made biodynamically too so that might have helped. It was too delicious to stop.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 13 May 2021, 17:20

You must be getting younger instead of older, pal!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 14 May 2021, 14:58

Hmm, 7

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 14 May 2021, 14:58

Thanks ‘weekly wine’

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 30 Jun 2021, 14:48

0/10!
I watched the footie yesterday at lunchtime and lined my stomach with Austin’s finest veggie burger first. A few beers, a ton of water, a nap till 5pm, and I feel like I’ve drunk nothing at all. It follows that I must start any drinking before lunch from now on, so I guess I’m going to be unemployed fairly soon.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Jun 2021, 18:06

:lol: I had three pints of cider last night at my friend’s going away party and I drank three pints of water in between and the party lasted 4.5 hours so the bevs were spread out. I was spinning my own records of course so needed to stay even keeled to protect them.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 20 Jul 2021, 13:55

I went out with a friend to a local bar yesterday - it’s the first time we have done that for two years. She’s British so in celebration of the occasion I took her some Marmite and she brought me a Fry’s Peppermint Cream!

Anyway - 2/10

Dr Markus wrote:

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 05 Aug 2021, 14:58

I was a bit flippant last time I posted on this thread, so I'll give a more considered answer this time. I don't know why, but I no longer get hangovers. The last time I had a proper, debilitating, useless the next day hangover was in 2001, when I still lived in Belgium. One of the guys I played football with when I was over there was moving back to the UK, so we had a kind of leaving do for him. Without going into the gory details, I drank way too much strong Belgian beer. I woke up the next morning not actually remembering how I got home, but I know it involved a metro ride and an then a tram ride to the town I was living in, followed by what would normally be a 20 minute walk home. Although I suspect it probably took me longer than 20 minutes on that occasion. I vaguely remember throwing up when I got home and then again in the morning and I was fucked the next day. That was the last time I was ever sick through drink and the last real hangover I had.

I don't know if not getting hangovers is a good thing or a bad thing really ... obviously it's good from the point of view of not feeling shit the next day. But I guess it could also mean that my body has got used to the amount of alcohol I drink and copes with it. Not sure if that's good or bad. I've been accused by one or two people on here in the past of being an alcoholic. I know that I'm not, at least based on my understanding of what an alcoholic is ... someone who craves alcoholic, becomes dependent on it, needs it. None of those apply to me. I probably have a drink 3 or 4 nights a week. I used to drink more when I was travelling on business, but obviously for the last 18 months that has stopped. But I never "crave" a drink. I often want one, but craving is a whole different level.

The other thing I've learned as I've got older is to know when to stop ... I can drink a lot of strong beer in one night, but I know the one that's going to tip me over the edge, so I stop. It's usually at 4 or 5, but ranging from 6 - 12% abv. I also don't drink any shitty, mass produced beer ... no crappy lager or "smooth flow" shit that's been chemically altered. Just decent hand made craft beers mainly and decent red wine. I also never touch cider, because I know that if I even have just the odd one or two pints of it, I'll have a banging headache the next day. I'm not sure what it is in cider that does it, but I know it will, so I don't touch it. It helps that I don't like it anyway. I also hardly ever drink spirits or shots ... the occasional decent single malt, but that's it. I certainly wouldn't have a full night on whisky. That probably would do me in.

I'm 55 now and my tolerance to alcohol is a lot better now than it was when I was 25. I don't know if it will continue into my 60s and upwards. I hope so, but if I start getting hangovers again. I'll know it's time to stop the drinking. By the way, I have an annual health check with my job and my liver and kidney functions are good. If that changes, then again, I'll know it's time to cut back or stop.

Until then ... cheers!
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 05 Aug 2021, 17:36

If I drink two beers watching a ballgame at night, I’ll feel it the next morning. If I get to a point of, shall we say, legal intoxication, I feel ill the next day … it’s something I mostly try to avoid.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Aug 2021, 17:45

From a bio on John Steinbeck….

Mad at the World: A Life of John Steinbeck by William Souder

“After getting sick, he listened sourly to the usual advice: slow down, lose weight, watch your cholesterol and remember you’re not as young as you used to be. Steinbeck thought this was a kind of living death, one in which a formerly vigorous man becomes childlike and delicate all in exchange for a small but by no means certainty in life expectancy. He just couldn’t see himself living that way for ‘I have always lived violently…. I’ve taken my hangovers as a consequence not as a punishment. I do not want to surrender fierceness for a small gain in yardage.’”
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 28 Sep 2021, 16:11

About a 2.

Dr Markus wrote: