Anyone fancy a pint?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Anyone fancy a pint?

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Apr 2021, 18:52

Bloody hell!
Well- I’m working at the vaccination clinic next Sunday. Don some ten gallon hats and chaps and y’all swing on by. I’ll see you right! :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 25 Apr 2021, 19:09

Indeed! I'd say you drive down south in a couple of weeks and get you fixed up in the USA. We've got too much of the stuff and hardly anybody wants it anymore.

Can I ask Harvey what for him is the connection between the virus and being on/off the wagon? I don't see it. Well, I mean, I see it completely the other way around. If I'd been on the wagon during the pandemic I'd have gone crazier than I've gone.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 25 Apr 2021, 20:42

mudshark wrote:Indeed! I'd say you drive down south in a couple of weeks and get you fixed up in the USA. We've got too much of the stuff and hardly anybody wants it anymore.

Can I ask Harvey what for him is the connection between the virus and being on/off the wagon? I don't see it. Well, I mean, I see it completely the other way around. If I'd been on the wagon during the pandemic I'd have gone crazier than I've gone.

I was just drinking too much last year and wanted a break. Also, my wife started back at work in April after a five year leave of absence and she wanted to be in good shape for her return, so quitting drinking was a part of that plan, and we decided to do it together to make it easier. Now I've set myself a goal of being fully vaccinated so that I can enjoy some drinks in a bar, most of which have been closed since last autumn.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 25 Apr 2021, 21:04

Thank you. Guess that makes sense.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 25 Apr 2021, 21:11

I feel like I’ve been drinking more often, but almost never more than a beer (or drink) or two. I very rarely drink to excess anymore—I’m trying to avoid it but it helps that my body has become very much against it.

With that said, I drove across town yesterday to the Live Oak Brewery to try out a new Pilsner they’re brewing that was only available on tap and for purchase there. I bought 12 of em and went wild and drank 3 while watching my first Austin FC game last night. I didn’t feel too bad this morning, which was nice. The beer is pretty good, but not particularly revelatory.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 26 Apr 2021, 03:46

Minnie the Minx wrote:Bloody hell!
Well- I’m working at the vaccination clinic next Sunday. Don some ten gallon hats and chaps and y’all swing on by. I’ll see you right! :D

Shouldn't be a problem for Harv actually. Here's his "garage".

Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 26 Apr 2021, 14:05

Fake news!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis