Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Charlie O. » 25 Mar 2021, 23:25

souphound wrote:Sounds awful. hate bad dreams. Weird, ok. But bad? Hate.

Luckily for me, I hardly ever have them. Good luck.

Yes, good luck, GM.

When I was about 10, I went through a patch where I was having a lot of nightmares. I was still religious and still prayed at bedtime in those days, so as part of my nightly prayer I started asking God to only let me have good dreams. And it actually kinda worked! I still had the occasional bad dream, but nothing like what I had been dealing with.

I also asked God to let me win the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes, but 45 years later I'm still waiting for Him to come through for me on that.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 25 Mar 2021, 23:42

:shock:

Wow! Charlie O, I hope you will remain okay. Souphound, I am glad you never have such nightmares, I am glad you are all free from such a vision. No one should have to go through that. I guess it was a confluence of all the stress and anxiety that I have had for a long time. Maybe it was necessary. Cathartic, perhaps.

BCB is a very special place. You are all very special people. :)
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Mar 2021, 00:17

Dreamed I was in a stranger's bathroom and I accidentally peed into an open jar of cold cream. With my finger I tried to stir the pee into the cream but the cream turned into layered disposable pre-creamed tissues and and I made a bigger mess. Then I woke up.
Question authority.

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Mar 2021, 12:50

I had this dream just before I woke up this morning ... We decided or had to go to Japan for a day. We quickly got to Tokyo from the airport, finished our business and roamed about the city. I noticed that NO one was wearing a mask and that everyone was Caucasian. I didn't see one Asia but saw a Black man selling facemasks as we passed on escalators going the opposite way. Still .. not one person was wearing a facemask. We stopped to eat and people watch. I wanted to call Jimbo but was told that he had been watching us from another table. At 8:50 PM, I decided that I wanted mochi rice and since it only took ten minutes to get to the airport and our plane wasn't leaving until 9:30 P.M. .. w had plenty of time. The woman selling us purple mochi was really strange and asked me what I wanted to pay for the four balls. I told her nothing and she agreed since it wasn't her restaurant stall. I wanted to pay her and asked if they accepted USD because that was all that I had and she told me that you can only use USD in Japan. I looked in my walled and it was stuffed with colorful Asian currency of some sort. The dream ended.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Flower

Postby Flower » 02 Apr 2021, 20:10

I had a dream last night that someone was asking me about W.C. Fields and what I thought about his relationship with Anthony Quinn and Katherine DeMille and other trivia.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Apr 2021, 16:11

I had a dream that I entered a poetry competition being judged by Anthony Bourdain. He announced the winner before I got to read mine and I was furious. I took to the stage and read mine, which was a very short poem about being at a punk gig that went ‘morning, night, ra ra’ and then I did some trombone noises. There was a long pause and everyone laughed, especially Bourdain, and I was mortified.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 May 2021, 05:36

I dreamed I asked a guy at a counter for a celebrity magazine and the guy reaches for it and then turns towards me and it is Frank Sinatra. I mumble something about what is it like dealing with fans and shuffle off before he answers.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 May 2021, 12:49

I had a dream that a large group of my friends and relatives were visiting Treblinka and someone was always wandering off and getting lost causing alarm until they rejoined the group.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 30 May 2021, 09:46

I had a dream this morning that I was walking my daughter’s dog, he got away from me (not sure how) and got run over by a car in front of me.

Not nice.

VERY relieved when I woke up!

Flower

Postby Flower » 01 Jun 2021, 12:31

I had a dream that I was in the resistance during WW2 and had to pick up and deliver information to an informer inside the Gestapo. The mission was to meet him in the Gestapo basement lunch room where he would be eating an egg salad sandwich. I entered the lunch room and most of the Gestapo were eating an egg salad sandwiches. I was scared and tried not to show it but then a man offered me a seat and asked if I wanted an EGG SALAD SANDWICH? It was the correct agent and we quickly and quietly exchanged information while eating our egg salad sandwiches. :o

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Jul 2021, 00:29

I had an incredibly vivid dream the night before last where I was looking after Bowie in a hospice. Iman was by his bedside and I was working for an agency, not part of the regular team, and I was nervous because I was using a load of American medical equipment that had different settings and mechanics and I was trying to get Iman to be confident that I knew what I was doing but I kept having to ask other people to help me program sryringe drivers etc. Eventually Iman said she was going to try and get a couple of hours sleep and I said oh don't worry, he's in safe hands, and the minute she left he jumped up and out of the bed and fell over and curled up like a porcupine. Fucking hell, I thought, and went to help him stand up and when he stood up, he was dressed immaculately and he made a run for the fire door. I ran with him and outside was a stage which he jumped on and started singing- the other staff ran out and said to me what the fuck are you doing letting him up on a stage? And I said something toe-curling like "just because he is dying doesn't mean he can't be artistic!"

Anyway, at the end of the shift I went home and forgot to submit my timesheet so I never got paid.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 05 Jul 2021, 07:23

Well, I was on a train with my wife and I was really scared it was going to fall off the edge of the cliff we were travelling along. It didn't.
When we arrived, we walked along the street of this seaside town looking for a restaurant and Noel Gallagher decided he wanted one off the beaten track. I went with him and we wandered around the back streets while I asked him about how his songs reflected his life. He told me they were all just made up and meant nothing. Who knew!?
Anyway, then he turned into a cat and followed me till we found a restaurant surrounded by fields but there was a huge queue and it turned out it was right next to the station anyway.
Then I woke up.
Bugger off.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 05 Jul 2021, 16:03

I was in some sort of weird nightclub complex with many different rooms, all covered in peeling black paint, with wires traveling from room to room overhead, and I discovered that by plucking the wires a certain way I could imitate the birdsong sound Tom Verlaine gets from his guitar at the end of the long solo in Marquee Moon. No one else seemed to care though.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Jul 2021, 05:08

I had a dream where I was literally putting together a book by taking various typewritten pages and blocking out parts of the text and adding random letters and numbers, with the concept that it would appeal to people who were into conspiracy theories and codes. Subsequent pages would have more substantive story elements, while the "treated" pages would just intrigue and puzzle the readers.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Jul 2021, 13:15

I had a dream that some guy wanted to see our push lawnmower. After he inspected it, he told us that it was a very rare model and that we could expect over three hundred thousand dollars at auction. I didn't believe him so I contacted both Paul Laidlaw and Phil Serrell. Phil told me that he would auction it but not to show it to Anita Manning.

My cat started hitting my arm and I woke up. :D

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Jul 2021, 04:11

I had gotten or at least volunteered for the job of doing Todd Rundgren's laundry, but Todd was expressing doubts about my ability to do it right. I finally convinced him but there were some clothes already in my basket as I took his clothes out of the washer and I was worried that I would get the clothes hopelessly mixed up.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jul 2021, 17:48

Ever since looking after the chickens I've been having lots of dreams about the chicken coop. Last night I had a dream that I was searching in the sawdust and found a christmas card addressed to me- it looked like an old school passport. I opened it up and it read "FUCK OFF! From, John Coan."
:D

Dr Markus wrote:

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 10 Sep 2021, 07:38

Just like McCartney with Yesterday and Keith Richards with the riff for Satisfaction, last night I dreamt I was writing a song about sex between fishes.
The only word I could think of to rhyme with 'cloacas' was 'knackers' and I thought that was a bit too crude. Then I remembered that I was writing it for Ian Dury and decided it was perfect. This was how it ended up:

They get it on with their cloacas
Or is that only birds?
But anyway they've got no knackers
Or use romantic words
Like: 'I love you Mrs. Fishy
And your pussy's really tight.'
And they've got no fancy restaurants
To go out for a bite.

It's a shame Ian Dury's dead. I think he could have made a hit out of that.
Bugger off.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 Sep 2021, 14:07

:lol:
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Sep 2021, 15:12

I had a dream last night that I got a haircut and they made me look like Woody from the Bay City Rollers. I went to complain to the hairdresser and everyone else in the salon started laughing at me and singing ‘Shangalang’

:(

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”