Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: Weird dreams

Postby yomptepi » 28 Sep 2021, 10:46

Last night I dreamed I was living with Amy Winehouse and Leonard Nimoy in a three bedroomed house in Bideford. I remember Amy was nice, but liked carving knives, and Spock was very good at pointing out things were broken , but very bad at fixing them.
You don't like me...do you?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Sep 2021, 16:07

yomptepi wrote:Last night I dreamed I was living with Amy Winehouse and Leonard Nimoy in a three bedroomed house in Bideford. I remember Amy was nice, but liked carving knives, and Spock was very good at pointing out things were broken , but very bad at fixing them.

This would make a very good sitcom.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Oct 2021, 13:30

Weird dream .. I was with a friend who told me that he has changed his residency and needed me to look in on his teen sister from time to time. I knew the family and went over to their house. His sister told me that she was fighting with their Dad all the time and when he Dad told her "That something has to change." She told him to "enjoy your new home." .. This got me laughing my head off and then her Dad came into the room and didn't appreciate the "joke" .. fade to black.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Oct 2021, 12:12

Last night I had a dream I was back working in a U.K. hospital. I was looking after a bloke who was really ill - an elderly bloke called ‘Fred Raspberry’ who happened to be the richest man in the U.K. His medical records said that we couldn’t tell anyone we were looking after him or workers would go on strike because they loathed him and there would be chaos. His wife was a very thin elderly woman- I sat talking to her and she was trying to feed him macaroni cheese. Every time she put a mouthful on a spoon and started feeding him I would lean into the plate with a tablespoon and grab a mouthful for myself, thinking she wouldn’t notice. We got to the end of the plate and I said oh! Look the plate is empty, he has done really well and Mr. Raspberry opened one eye and said ‘no thanks to you, fatty!’

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 13 Oct 2021, 14:11

:lol:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 13 Oct 2021, 18:39

I had a dream the other night when DI Jack Mooney from Death in Paradise was my boss.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Oct 2021, 15:55

I had a dream that I left Baron for Larry David!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 26 Oct 2021, 18:49

Minnie Cheddars wrote:I had a dream that I left Baron for Larry David!

Pretty, pretty weird. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 26 Oct 2021, 21:57

Six String wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:I had a dream that I left Baron for Larry David!

Pretty, pretty weird. :D

All the same, you can’t blame her!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 06 Nov 2021, 19:56

I was at a small school, like an American red-brick elementary school that was shutting down and people were moving stuff out onto a big truck. Edward James Olmos was among the movers so I gave him a big smile so he would react positively to me and think I was cool, but he just gave me a angry blow-off look. Whatever was being loaded had interested me enough that I was taking pictures of it, but when I put my camera down I saw that the truck and everyone was gone, and control of the school had reverted to some fascist regime! Worse, the school was now surrounded by a security gate and I had to get out soon or never leave. I was able to walk out an open gate at first, but my backpack was missing and I needed to have it. I frantically searched for it and found an empty backpack, but it wasn't mine. I was now trapped inside the gate. Inside I found a computer terminal that looked like an ATM that I was able to use employing a trick I had learned before the fascists took over. Using it, I found a place I could safely jump over the fence and avoid electrified charges in the ground. I finally found my backpack hidden in some overgrown weeds and jumped to freedom.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Nov 2021, 21:36

pcqgod wrote:I was at a small school, like an American red-brick elementary school that was shutting down and people were moving stuff out onto a big truck. Edward James Olmos was among the movers so I gave him a big smile so he would react positively to me and think I was cool, but he just gave me a angry blow-off look. Whatever was being loaded had interested me enough that I was taking pictures of it, but when I put my camera down I saw that the truck and everyone was gone, and control of the school had reverted to some fascist regime! Worse, the school was now surrounded by a security gate and I had to get out soon or never leave. I was able to walk out an open gate at first, but my backpack was missing and I needed to have it. I frantically searched for it and found an empty backpack, but it wasn't mine. I was now trapped inside the gate. Inside I found a computer terminal that looked like an ATM that I was able to use employing a trick I had learned before the fascists took over. Using it, I found a place I could safely jump over the fence and avoid electrified charges in the ground. I finally found my backpack hidden in some overgrown weeds and jumped to freedom.

It sounds like you were involved in a holocaust type situation and the school was being turned in to ghetto. Glad that you escaped :)

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 09 Nov 2021, 19:21

Flower wrote:
pcqgod wrote:I was at a small school, like an American red-brick elementary school that was shutting down and people were moving stuff out onto a big truck. Edward James Olmos was among the movers so I gave him a big smile so he would react positively to me and think I was cool, but he just gave me a angry blow-off look. Whatever was being loaded had interested me enough that I was taking pictures of it, but when I put my camera down I saw that the truck and everyone was gone, and control of the school had reverted to some fascist regime! Worse, the school was now surrounded by a security gate and I had to get out soon or never leave. I was able to walk out an open gate at first, but my backpack was missing and I needed to have it. I frantically searched for it and found an empty backpack, but it wasn't mine. I was now trapped inside the gate. Inside I found a computer terminal that looked like an ATM that I was able to use employing a trick I had learned before the fascists took over. Using it, I found a place I could safely jump over the fence and avoid electrified charges in the ground. I finally found my backpack hidden in some overgrown weeds and jumped to freedom.

It sounds like you were involved in a holocaust type situation and the school was being turned in to ghetto. Glad that you escaped :)

Yeah, usually my more disturbing dreams don't tie up so neatly.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Nov 2021, 14:42

Last night was a corker. I had a dream that two friends of ours who live just over the road called me in the early hours to ask me if I could confirm the death of their son. In real life, their son is a teenager, but when I went over in my nightie he was a toddler. They explained that he had been born with a genetic disorder that meant part of his lungs had never developed and that his death was always going to be imminent. He was sat in a chair with some oxygen and was moving around, and while I said I was sorry for their plight it was pretty clear that he wasn't dead. They said oh, thanks, and then took him on a slide and gave him to me to carry for a while. I was terrified that he would die while I was holding him and said that I found caring for dying kids pretty distressing but they said oh, it's no biggie. So I took the child back to my house, which now seemed to be next to where my parents live. I looked through the door and it was a disaster. The laundry room was full of bras full of spaghetti and vomit and every sink was flowing over with shit. Real shit. I asked my stepmum what the fuck was going on and she said that her and my Dad had just stopped caring about keeping house and were going to live the way they wanted to, including shitting in sinks. I said to her that I didn't think that was really the way they wanted to live and she said oh yeah it is, and started shitting on the kitchen floor.

I backed out at this point and my uncle chased down the road after me with a hammer. I got the hammer off him, knocked him out and then tied him up with plant stems.

We got covid boosters a few hours before- what the hell did they put in them??

Dr Markus wrote:

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 18 Nov 2021, 20:21

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Last night was a corker. I had a dream that two friends of ours who live just over the road called me in the early hours to ask me if I could confirm the death of their son. In real life, their son is a teenager, but when I went over in my nightie he was a toddler. They explained that he had been born with a genetic disorder that meant part of his lungs had never developed and that his death was always going to be imminent. He was sat in a chair with some oxygen and was moving around, and while I said I was sorry for their plight it was pretty clear that he wasn't dead. They said oh, thanks, and then took him on a slide and gave him to me to carry for a while. I was terrified that he would die while I was holding him and said that I found caring for dying kids pretty distressing but they said oh, it's no biggie. So I took the child back to my house, which now seemed to be next to where my parents live. I looked through the door and it was a disaster. The laundry room was full of bras full of spaghetti and vomit and every sink was flowing over with shit. Real shit. I asked my stepmum what the fuck was going on and she said that her and my Dad had just stopped caring about keeping house and were going to live the way they wanted to, including shitting in sinks. I said to her that I didn't think that was really the way they wanted to live and she said oh yeah it is, and started shitting on the kitchen floor.

I backed out at this point and my uncle chased down the road after me with a hammer. I got the hammer off him, knocked him out and then tied him up with plant stems.

We got covid boosters a few hours before- what the hell did they put in them??

This is when you right it all off as a weird dream until you walk down the road and find your uncle tied up with plant stems where you left him!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Nov 2021, 20:31

:o

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 20 Nov 2021, 13:14

I had a dream that two red and white striped tents were set up at either end of our street. They were giving out delicious mugs of hot chocolate, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. There were also all kinds of bakery cookies, everyone was having a great time. A few minutes into the fun, this dog came along and snatched a cookie and started to howl (it was a beagle called "Muttley the Mongrel") .. his owners said that everyone was giving their mutt poison and they attempted to violently kick down the tents when the Navy Seals showed up. The Navy Seals read them their rights and took them away in an amphibious assault vehicle. We all cheered and started to drink brandy.

:)

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 18 Feb 2022, 07:51

Started as a typical "I'm back in school" dream. I was moving into a dorm that my sister had been in before in the north-east portion of UT campus. The buildings there were sci-fi looking, like "blister" shelters built to survive extreme conditions on alien planets on the outside but normal dorms inside. I found my building/dorm. Walking down a hallway inside I could see a study room on the side with a glass window. Someone inside the study room somehow clumsily fell over another person and I found this hilarious and howled with laughter. I found my room. I noticed my roommate was already there but I wanted to avoid contact with him as long as possible so I ducked into the bathroom. When I came out the dream had turned into a pilot episode for a sitcom based on "James Bond," in which Bond and his former foes had retired and moved in together. My roommate was Pierce Brosnan, reprising his role as Bond. He was tied up. An Eastern European henchwoman like Rosa Klebb (or Frau Farbissina in the "Austin Powers" movies) had him at her mercy, but it turned out it was just a friendly bit of ribbing based on their former rivalry. She introduced herself, and he answered, "I'm Bond. James Bond."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Feb 2022, 03:13

I had a dream that I was on an escalator and a gargoyle flew to help me get upstairs - it was bright red. When we got to the top of the escalator I pulled off its wing and ate it. He was fucking FURIOUS. I saw he - I don't know how this particular gargoyle identified, obvs.

Dr Markus wrote:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 14 Mar 2022, 05:13

I dreamed that I was at concert by Syd Barrett, in a smallish venue. After the show there was a merch table where I was finding interesting cd's to buy. There was a new cd by X-Ray Spex, except they had had to change their name to The X-Rays for legal reasons. I was thinking how cool it was that I had just seen Syd Barrett play and then I remembered that he had died and realized I was dreaming.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 16 Mar 2022, 23:39

Another musical dream: last night I dreamed that I had befriended Lee Ving of FEAR. I did not have a beer with him, however.

Return to “Nextdoorland”