No
11%

Total votes: 36

Deebank
Resonator

Re: Europe? In or out?

Postby Deebank » 22 May 2015, 10:22

Turkey is halfway in.

Israel needs to work on its lamentable human rights record - although of course it hasn't asked to join... It does enter Eurovision though, so who knows?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 22 May 2015, 10:47

Israel also compete in European football competition... although they might be getting banned by FIFA pending an investigation into oppression of Palestinian players.

And also pending FIFA's Glorious Leader getting re-"elected".
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 May 2015, 11:00

Hugh wrote:Although he will no doubt tell us that he was only reporting views, not making any of his own.

:lol:

And telling us all we're fucking stupid for not agreeing with his 'reporting of views'........
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 22 May 2015, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

JQW

Postby JQW » 22 May 2015, 12:02

Deebank wrote:Turkey is halfway in.

Israel needs to work on its lamentable human rights record - although of course it hasn't asked to join... It does enter Eurovision though, so who knows?

Eurovision is a bit different, as it's under the auspices of the European Broadcast Union, a content sharing and standards body that covers not only Europe, but all other nations bordering the Mediterranean.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Robert

Postby Robert » 22 May 2015, 15:10

I hear the rest of EU is hoping the english will vote to get out ! :o

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 22 May 2015, 15:38

PENK wrote:
Copehead wrote:In.

Re-negotiation is just code for removing workers rights and human rights from the majority of us, so fuck that.

Cameron will go to Europe, get a couple of minor concessions from France and Germany to allow him to save face and then come back claiming a massive victory and new relationship with Europe and campaign for an In vote because that is what big business want and he is their man.

Much of his party will laugh in his face and campaign for no, about 1/3 of his cabinet will resign to campaign for no and the country will be saved 2 years of Tory incompetence as they spend all their time fighting each other like rats in a sack over Europe instead of running the country like a fucking corner shop and trying to privatise everything.

So there is a big up side

Another glorious Copey prediction to look back on in five years' time...

What a limited and boring world you must live in if you never speculate about the future.

It is literally one of the things that makes us human you should try it some time.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 22 May 2015, 15:43

Hugh wrote:Although he will no doubt tell us that he was only reporting views, not making any of his own.

I was self evidently reporting my on views and not reporting anything.

Been chowing down on Pete and Penk's thick pills Hugh?

I expect better of you.

If you are trying to be funny and not snide twat then a smiley would at least let us know you are being a poor comedian.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 22 May 2015, 16:36

I hope we stay in-I suspect that the general public has very little idea of how much of our trade is with Europe, and what the cost would be.
We need more than just a banking lead service sector, and I simply dont think we can have a viable manufacturing sector outside Europe.
But frankly, the Union does not do a very good job of publicising its benefits, and far too often the only side we see is the comical mismanagement that appears endemic in Brussels and Strasbourg.
Frighteningly, I think it will be a close vote, and could largely depend on which way the media plays it.
Can anybody tell me which way Murdoch will lean on this, as I worry that this will be hugely significant.
Bless the weather.......Image

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 22 May 2015, 16:55

andymacandy wrote:I hope we stay in-I suspect that the general public has very little idea of how much of our trade is with Europe, and what the cost would be.
We need more than just a banking lead service sector, and I simply dont think we can have a viable manufacturing sector outside Europe.
But frankly, the Union does not do a very good job of publicising its benefits, and far too often the only side we see is the comical mismanagement that appears endemic in Brussels and Strasbourg.
Frighteningly, I think it will be a close vote, and could largely depend on which way the media plays it.
Can anybody tell me which way Murdoch will lean on this, as I worry that this will be hugely significant.

Murdoch is massively anti-Europe.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 22 May 2015, 16:57

I'm surprised no one else wants us to renegotiate our terms. I don't know what, specifically, I'd want to bargain for, but surely there's something we could try and improve?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 22 May 2015, 18:06

Fonz wrote:I'm surprised no one else wants us to renegotiate our terms. I don't know what, specifically, I'd want to bargain for, but surely there's something we could try and improve?

There should be some renegotiation, but not the way the Tories mean it: give the parliament teeth and elect the executive.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 22 May 2015, 18:49

Deebank wrote:
andymacandy wrote:I hope we stay in-I suspect that the general public has very little idea of how much of our trade is with Europe, and what the cost would be.

Murdoch is massively anti-Europe.

Which leads us to: what the fuck has it got to do with that sociopathic monster?

He is an American citizen of Australian extraction whose UK businesses are little affected one way or the other.

he should stfu although he won't

the man is the biggest cancer on UK politics in modern history along with his ilk like Rothermere and the Barclays

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 May 2015, 19:00

Were you as fervently anti-Murdoch when he was supporting Blair back in 97?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Canis lupus

Postby Canis lupus » 22 May 2015, 19:09

andymacandy wrote:Can anybody tell me which way Murdoch will lean on this, as I worry that this will be hugely significant.

...you've forgotten this?

He utterly despises the EU (just like Mail and Express / Star owners - not sure about Torygraph Barclay twins)

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 22 May 2015, 20:30

Copehead wrote:
PENK wrote:
Copehead wrote:In.

Re-negotiation is just code for removing workers rights and human rights from the majority of us, so fuck that.

Cameron will go to Europe, get a couple of minor concessions from France and Germany to allow him to save face and then come back claiming a massive victory and new relationship with Europe and campaign for an In vote because that is what big business want and he is their man.

Much of his party will laugh in his face and campaign for no, about 1/3 of his cabinet will resign to campaign for no and the country will be saved 2 years of Tory incompetence as they spend all their time fighting each other like rats in a sack over Europe instead of running the country like a fucking corner shop and trying to privatise everything.

So there is a big up side

Another glorious Copey prediction to look back on in five years' time...

What a limited and boring world you must live in if you never speculate about the future.

It is literally one of the things that makes us human you should try it some time.

We all speculate about the future Copey, just most of us never do it with the same passionate certainty in the face of the odds that you do!

(unless it's Darling Sean talking about Arsenal)
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 22 May 2015, 20:32

Robert wrote:I hear the rest of EU is hoping the english will vote to get out ! :o

Or perhaps more accurately, wishing they would make up their minds. Because the UK government’s attitude towards Europe at the moment can be summed up with the charming Portuguese expression "nem fode nem sai de cima" (comes out well in google translate!).

If Cameron dropped the gung-ho rhetoric and actually tried to get along with the EU and its institutions he would have far more chance of “renegotiating” things in his favour. But instead he chooses to cast his country in the role of the self-centred ingrate who’s always complaining he never gets his way. And sure enough… He’s caught in a feedback loop of his own making. I don't feel sorry for him and like to think his luck ran out at the last election.

I’m all for In, myself. But lots can happen between now and the referendum – Greece may leave the euro, for a start, and that would put a whole new complexion on things. So a No vote can’t be ruled out, although who would pick the fruit and clean the toilets of a migrant-free Britain is… well, let Cameron sort that problem out too.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 22 May 2015, 21:29

echolalia wrote:who would pick the fruit and clean the toilets of a migrant-free Britain is… well, let Cameron sort that problem out too.

http://www.g4s.com/

What could possibly go wrong? Image

Chuck

Postby Chuck » 22 May 2015, 22:00

echolalia wrote: who would pick the fruit and clean the toilets of a migrant-free Britain.

They'd have to find some other vulnerable workers to exploit - should be easy in Cameron's dystopia. After all the alternative might be to pay a decent wage for those jobs. :o

Ranking Ted

Postby Ranking Ted » 22 May 2015, 22:07

In

Chuck

Postby Chuck » 22 May 2015, 22:17

K wrote:Two votes for no. Would like to hear the arguments.

Me too! Where are you?

Return to “Nextdoorland”