MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 06 Nov 2021, 18:20

We had a really fabulous Bonfire Night celebration yesterday and had about 20 guests in the back. I made a huge vat of mushy peas and was secure in the knowledge that only me and one of my British friends would eat them and I’d be able to have them for lunch all week. Guess what! The Americans loved them! They came back for fucking seconds and thirds!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Nov 2021, 00:40

Some friends gave me some bananas they grew in their backyard. They are the smaller “finger” sized bananas which are perfect for cereal in the morning.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 09 Nov 2021, 16:02

After nearly two years without any live music to speak of (other than Bob Mould) we are going to five shows this week. Luna play Bewitched and Penthouse tonight and tomorrow then friends playing the rest of the week. Luckily we have about nine hundred masks to choose from!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 10 Nov 2021, 19:15

From weeks of sorting out old family photos and some follow up emails to Estonia I got to find out that there are busts of my maternal grandparents in storage in Estonia. The storage area is apparently in some kind of industrial complex (as industrial as Tallinn gets) and they have offered to take me out to get them out of storage and see them. I have a vision in my head of being taken in a car by a dour Estonian in the snow to the outskirts of the city and me and Baron standing watching someone unwrap these heads and it all being very Kafkaesque. The other thing that is niggling away at me is - are they stored together? Because part of me really, really thinks they should be together but I have no business telling some archivist how they should organize themselves. I suppose we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Nov 2021, 19:40

Everything is broken….
The latest song I learned to perform at open mic and appropriate it is for these times. I am trying to buy a new phone. I called a store downtown where I’ve done business before and got a message to check the website. Website says it is open. No one answers a bloody phone at a phone company store, imagine that. I drive downtown having to circumnavigate blocked roads due to work on said roads, park in a garage only to find out that not only is the store not open, it hasn’t functioned in some time. Worked my way around broken roads and protests near the capitol building, police cars blocking another street due to some unknown situation and finally make it home. I feel a need to head to my studio and wail on my drums for a while.

EVERYTHING IS BROKEN (Dylan song)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Nov 2021, 05:01

Everything is broken 2….
We were going to eat dinner at a nearby bistro tonight but when we showed up we discovered they weren’t serving tonight do to a staff shortage. So we went to a pizza place nearby and decided to order one to go. Their internet connected cash register had trouble processing the credit card and then the bank card so we paid cash. Because the register is internet driven the drawer wouldn’t open! Fortunately we didn’t need any change so we walked away and watched a football game while the pizza cooked. Rhe rest of the night involved pulling a cork and eating said pizza so that went without a hitch.

EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!

Btw, I did go and play drums for about 90 minutes and it felt fantastic. A real mood changer.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Nov 2021, 14:10

If you had to compare your drumming style to someone well-known, who would it be? I'm just curious about what you like to play.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Nov 2021, 16:26

harvey k-tel wrote:If you had to compare your drumming style to someone well-known, who would it be? I'm just curious about what you like to play.

Hmmm. I don’t know if I sound like one drummer but my rock influences are Jim Keltner, Stan Lynch, Levon Helm and people like that. I am not a flashy drummer by any stretch much like my guitar playing. I go for a melodic feel. With jazz it’s hard to say but it’s a pretty basic style that is about swing. More Philly Joe Jones or Joe Chambers than a monster like Tony Williams. Even with more rock stuff I try to keep it light and swinging but not afraid to lay into the snare when it makes sense. Yesterday I was really laying into the snare. It felt good. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Nov 2021, 18:33

Swing is the thing. I certainly wouldn't call myself any sort of jazz drummer, but it sounds like our rock styles are probably fairly similar.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Nov 2021, 06:31

I just had the most amazing night in a long time hanging out with 30/40 YO people. More later but ooh what a night.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Nov 2021, 15:48

Six String wrote:I just had the most amazing night in a long time hanging out with 30/40 YO people. More later but ooh what a night.

Edit: I went to some kind of a crazy “event” last night featuring multiple bands, costumes, food, a burlesque show and more. Met a lot of interesting people. The night ended with a bunch of us dancing on stage with the band The Bad Barnacles playing Spirit In The Sky for about fifteen minutes (no drum solos). I got points for being old and hip.
It was insane in a good way. :).
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 14 Nov 2021, 16:25

:)

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Nov 2021, 18:28

The show ending song was well chosen as the event had a pseudo religious theme with a confession booth, people dressed in various religious garb from multiple centuries and we even had communion with these small hourglass shaped containers that were sealed. One side was a thin wafer and the other side contained about 1ml of grape juice. Both sides were sealed so they were safe to disperse in the crowd by a guy in a Jesus robe. A woman who was lead guitarist of an all “girl” band grabbed my hand and led me up on stage for that final bit. I had several young women come up to me and give me hugs which felt a little unusual but at least they came to me and not me to them. No I’m not a lech. :)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 14 Nov 2021, 22:20

Are you sure the tune wasn't "Born to Be Wild"?

:D :P
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Nov 2021, 01:07

souphound wrote:Are you sure the tune wasn't "Born to Be Wild"?

:D :P

It wouldn’t have been out of place. :lol:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Nov 2021, 06:01

My first smart phone! I can text
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 17 Nov 2021, 14:58

We’ve just been visited by our first rock squirrel!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Nov 2021, 15:17

Minnie Cheddars wrote:We’ve just been visited by our first rock squirrel!

Heavy metal fan or Shoe Gazer?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 17 Nov 2021, 15:25

Six String wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:We’ve just been visited by our first rock squirrel!

Heavy metal fan or Shoe Gazer?

:D

This is really exciting! We have never had a rock squirrel in the garden before. They’re pretty shy. This one is wary but is strolling along, just… rocking out!!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 17 Nov 2021, 15:38

It’s just done that thing where it stuffs its cheeks with nuts and now looks like it has mumps. Ace!

Dr Markus wrote: