MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Samoan » 04 Jun 2021, 16:23

Anyway...
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 04 Jun 2021, 19:06

Today was the funeral of one of the Old Guys I worked with, full religious ceremony and then to the graveyard for burial.

The other guy has now passed away. His wishes are for there to be absolutely nothing. Not a thing, cremation and that's it. Ashes scattered.

Both wonderful men. Fly high
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 20:56

Jimbly wrote:Today was the funeral of one of the Old Guys I worked with, full religious ceremony and then to the graveyard for burial.

The other guy has now passed away. His wishes are for there to be absolutely nothing. Not a thing, cremation and that's it. Ashes scattered.

indeed.

::smack::

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jun 2021, 00:11

Jimbly wrote:Today was the funeral of one of the Old Guys I worked with, full religious ceremony and then to the graveyard for burial.

Sounds like they both had a good send off, Jim!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jun 2021, 00:12

We went out to see the T-Berrys at their smashing new place in the beautiful Hill Country on Saturday. Was so fucking great to see them after so long.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 07 Jun 2021, 11:17

Minnie the Minx wrote:We went out to see the T-Berrys at their smashing new place in the beautiful Hill Country on Saturday. Was so fucking great to see them after so long.

I am very envious. He's a wonderful man.
Bugger off.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jun 2021, 14:22

Rorschach wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:We went out to see the T-Berrys at their smashing new place in the beautiful Hill Country on Saturday. Was so fucking great to see them after so long.

It’s so weird that you should say that! He asked us if ‘That Rorschach was still posting’ and I said ‘yeah’ and he slowly turned pink and crushed his glass in his bare hand saying ‘THAT CUNT’

Dr Markus wrote:

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 07 Jun 2021, 15:42

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

It’s so weird that you should say that! He asked us if ‘That Rorschach was still posting’ and I said ‘yeah’ and he slowly turned pink and crushed his glass in his bare hand saying ‘THAT CUNT’

:(
Bugger off.

Six String

Postby Six String » 07 Jun 2021, 19:28

I have great memories of hanging out with T Berry in Memphis at the first U.S. FootyUp.

R and I are taking a short road trip tomorrow to Lee Vining and Bishop, both in California. Not ready to travel out of state or get on an airplane. I’m not overly concerned about covid on the plane, more the humans and their behavior. Anyway, revisiting Mono Lake and the Bristlecone Pines and a few hikes most likely as we will be near the eastern entrance to Yosemite to give some an idea of where this is. Looking forward to getting away for a little while.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jun 2021, 19:47

Lovely!!!!

Dr Markus wrote:

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 07 Jun 2021, 20:17

Love that area, Les. We usually stop for lunch on our way up to Carson City - Lone Pine and Bridgeport are two favorite stops - and Schat's Bakery (and Spellbinder Books - NOT named after a BCBer!) in Bishop.

For me, live gigs are starting to happen again. Potential of a couple outdoor ones, and at least one indoor one happening in coming months. Indoor ones will probably still make me a little nervous for a while, so who's booking and their attitude toward Covid may be a consideration, but I'm easing back in to the (sorry) New Normal...
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jun 2021, 20:26

I’ve bought tickets to see GARY NUMAN!!!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Jun 2021, 00:22

toomanyhatz wrote:Love that area, Les. We usually stop for lunch on our way up to Carson City - Lone Pine and Bridgeport are two favorite stops - and Schat's Bakery (and Spellbinder Books - NOT named after a BCBer!) in Bishop.

For me, live gigs are starting to happen again. Potential of a couple outdoor ones, and at least one indoor one happening in coming months. Indoor ones will probably still make me a little nervous for a while, so who's booking and their attitude toward Covid may be a consideration, but I'm easing back in to the (sorry) New Normal...

I’ll keep a lookout for Schat’s Bakery. Is it on the main street through town? When we looked for a breakfast spot in Bishop last time I remember a place that had a line out the door waiting to get seated and we went for a bigger place that accommodated more people. We stayed in Lone Pine on our big trip a few years ago and we’re staying in Bridgeport on the way home this time so we’ll have a short drive home the last day. It looks like a decent place to hike and I think there are some nearby hot springs. We may be just crashing that night. I’ll keep an eye out for the book store too in case we feel a need to be indoors.

My paternal Grandfather moved to Bishop after he divorced my Grandmother in the 50s but I was only 1 or 2 YO at the time so I never really got to know him.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Jun 2021, 00:25

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’ve bought tickets to see GARY NUMAN!!!

When? That is exciting. I sm not sure when I’ll attend an indoor show. It will depend on people and covid. Right now I am very comfortable being outside for shows.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jun 2021, 03:58

Six String wrote:

When? That is exciting. I sm not sure when I’ll attend an indoor show. It will depend on people and covid. Right now I am very comfortable being outside for shows.

September!
Tonight my pal and I went out for drinks and dinner- original plan sit outside. Our chosen spot closed so went to somewhere nearby which ‘invited its vaccinated patrons to enter unmasked.’ as members of the mask militia this was vaguely discombobulating but we held hands and said I (nurse with with infection transmission expertise) and you (medical journal editor) trust the science don’t we? Yeah!
So we went and sat at the bar and drank. And what an evening. Hurray. SCIENCE! Also beer- hic!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Jun 2021, 14:01

We’ve got friends coming for a backyard hang on Thursday so I’ve been trying to de-mosquito out there. Those little shits are everywhere. On the recommendation of various gardeners I bought some ‘Mosquito Barrier’ which is a bottle of incredibly concentrated garlic which looks and smells like what you would expect to find at the bottom of a skip. I sprayed some diluted out back last night and the whole place smelt like a badly run Pizza Hut.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Jun 2021, 15:35

The plus side of being in a drought is no mosquitos.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 09 Jun 2021, 16:48

Six String wrote:I have great memories of hanging out with T Berry in Memphis at the first U.S. FootyUp.

Likewise - "Did you read that in a book" and also New Orleans. still remember this great night with Jamie treating these two to his Yomp impression.

"I'm minor royalty you know. I'm the Baron of High Wycombe"

We're way past rhubarb

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 09 Jun 2021, 19:18

I had tickets to see Kraftwerk supported by Gary Numan and Jon Hopkins. Dates got put back two months. None of them are playing the rearranged dates.

Kraftwerk were replaced by Culture Club

Numan was replaced by Very Special Guests.

No offence to CC and VSG but fuck the fuck off.

Money is being refunded.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Jun 2021, 15:02

We got up at 5 a.m. this morning to have coffee and drive out to the south end of Mono lake for photo ops at the tufa formations. I only saw two other people taking pics so it was very quiet. Saw avocets out on the water feeding and other birds getting their morning meals and the light was fantastic for photography.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”