MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 22 Apr 2021, 03:14

Minnie the Minx wrote:(I like Georgia O'Keeffe)

You don't say!

Nice - sounds like my kinda road trip!

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 22 Apr 2021, 07:07

Pedernal, eh? Think that may be a bit beyond us without rattlesnake repellent :D
Doing the 3 Peaks on my birthday mind.
Trip sounds incredible!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Apr 2021, 16:56

Belle Lettre wrote:Pedernal, eh? Think that may be a bit beyond us without rattlesnake repellent :D
Doing the 3 Peaks on my birthday mind.
Trip sounds incredible!

I think you both could have done it with your eyes shut, but the snakes in handholds thing coupled with my dislike of having to scale sheer drops safely covered mine and Baron’s chief phobias!

We did make up up Chimney Rock but that’s a slow incline ( though by the side of a sheer and horrible drop - the first time we did it I laid down and started hyperventilating, which cheered up the people passing us with ease)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 22 Apr 2021, 17:12

I'm not too good with that sort of thing either, but it's improved greatly since I started visiting a climbing wall regularly. Which is also good for flexibility :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Apr 2021, 18:36

That sounds like a great time Anna. Rebecca had to google how to pronounce the little town you stayed in. When we visited Taos and Santa Fe on our road trip in 2019 we went to the Georgia O’Keefe gallery and watched a documentary on her life. I didn’t know a lot about her besides her art before then so found it very interesting.

Last night R and I took a post prandial walk around the park and a car pulled up next to us while we were walking and the driver asked me “how does a guy like you get to walk with a pretty lady like her?” I just said I’m just a lucky guy and he grinned and drove off. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Apr 2021, 18:48

Six String wrote:That sounds like a great time Anna. Rebecca had to google how to pronounce the little town you stayed in. When we visited Taos and Santa Fe on our road trip in 2019 we went to the Georgia O’Keefe gallery and watched a documentary on her life. I didn’t know a lot about her besides her art before then so found it very interesting.

Last night R and I took a post prandial walk around the park and a car pulled up next to us while we were walking and the driver asked me “how does a guy like you get to walk with a pretty lady like her?” I just said I’m just a lucky guy and he grinned and drove off. :D

:)

Did you go go to NM when you came to stay with us? I’ve totally forgotten!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Apr 2021, 18:51

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:That sounds like a great time Anna. Rebecca had to google how to pronounce the little town you stayed in. When we visited Taos and Santa Fe on our road trip in 2019 we went to the Georgia O’Keefe gallery and watched a documentary on her life. I didn’t know a lot about her besides her art before then so found it very interesting.

:)

Did you go go to NM when you came to stay with us? I’ve totally forgotten!

Yes, the northern part of the state on the way to Texas and we took the southern route on the way home. Good thing too because the weather in the north was much colder, including some snow when we in the southern part.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Apr 2021, 18:52

Ah!
Georgia was quite a ‘character.’ She didn’t suffer fools gladly, by all accounts!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Apr 2021, 20:07

The part of O’Keefe’s life I learned the most about in that doc was her time in NYC. I was mainly familiar with her art and life in New Mexico.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Apr 2021, 00:04

Spent hours in the front garden digging and planting and was pleased to find things I had written off as dead did, indeed have new shoots breaking through - many Texas veteran gardeners had said ‘just wait’ and I was sceptical but they were right.

The jasmine is fucked though.

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Apr 2021, 18:45

We found a really good plumber with very reasonable rates. A nice guy too .. :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Apr 2021, 23:11

My new heroine! I found this wonderful woman while mindlessly scrolling Roxy Music - did you need a high woman singing along to Both Ends Burning in a semi stationary car with only half the correct lyrics? Here she is! And it’s ace

There is also one you have to sign in to that’s her dancing half naked to it round her house. I passed on that one.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2021, 20:13

Neighbours that we have been socially distancing with over the past year are all now fully vaccinated. Last night we went over to their back yard and about 10 of us were hanging out with the threat of a thunderstorm pending, but we were all so absolutely fucking thrilled to be hanging out and feeling safe about it that I don't think we would have gone in if the skies had broken open. For hours we sat and talked and more to the point, listened to other people talking in a group larger than any of us have sat in for a long time, aged from six months to sixty five years old. It was absolutely splendid and we all had a bit too much to drink, except the six month old. My drinking episodes are increasingly infrequent and I was about to say that just half a bottle of fizz had me feeling ghastly this morning but I am assured I that safely tucked away a bottle myself. Well, if there was ever a day to do it- my God, that was it. I know I wasn't the only one!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Apr 2021, 20:22

I had my best friend over for dinner last night so while it was just Rebecca, Richard and me it was wonderful to be able to sit at the dining room table without masks eating and drinking and having conversation. Who knew that something that simple could not be taken for granted? The first of many to come.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2021, 20:30

Yes, exactly. I had thought I would be a bit wary but actually I was just really overwhelmed with happiness.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 May 2021, 14:00

A very Texan scene - I’m here early to work at the vaccination drive thru- where breakfast was laid on for us. However, even earlier visitors - raccoons- have run amok on the kolache table and there are paw prints, ripped open boxes and raccoon shit everywhere.

My yelp review is going to be ON POINT!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 May 2021, 18:10

Minnie the Minx wrote:A very Texan scene - I’m here early to work at the vaccination drive thru- where breakfast was laid on for us. However, even earlier visitors - raccoons- have run amok on the kolache table and there are paw prints, ripped open boxes and raccoon shit everywhere.

My yelp review is going to be ON POINT!

:lol: maybe the raccoons left raisins as a trade?

Last night I played guitar with my friends like it was pre covid. We’re all vaccinated so safe. Celebrated a birthday with sushi, saké and keylime pie. Then we played music on the patio. My voice was in better shape than my guitar playing. I need to practice more at home and loosen my fingers up a bit more. At 66 my fingers tighten up if I go too long between playing. I can no longer depend on things working without putting in the work. Still it was fun getting together again after a year off.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 03 May 2021, 22:43

Saturday i went to my first jam session in over a year. It was at a friend’s house and we’re all vaxxed. We played outside around the fire pit but we did have a little birthday dinner party as well indoors prior to playing. It was great fun as you could imagine. My voice was in better shape than my fingers. They are still a little stiff from not playing much over the last three months. More playing required.

I guess I was really thrilled since I posted this twice. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 May 2021, 06:19

I dropped into my local cider house to hear a friend’s surf rock band and had a great time tonight. The music genre is not my thing but I enjoy lots of music I don’t listen to at home. They played Miserlou complete with trumpet tonight. It was ace. I am thinking about microdosing with shrooms.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 May 2021, 00:38

We had a weekend with Baron's mum and brother at the beach for Mother's Day. It's the first time we've all hung together "normally" in nearly a year and a half. It was really special.

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”