MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby souphound » 22 Apr 2022, 17:43

I'm very sad today. One of the greatest hockey players of all time, Guy Lafleur has passed away from lung cancer at the young age of 70. He was an idol for so many of my generation here, a real superhero. It didn't hurt that he seemed to be a VERY decent guy. Fun loving, generous, caring.

So long Démon Blond. You will be missed but remembered. :cry:

Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Apr 2022, 15:47

Six String wrote:After five years of living in this house alone I am recohabitating with Rebecca at her place. Movers come tomorrow for the big stuff. I’ve been moving various things for the last week or so. I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

:) :) :)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Apr 2022, 04:19

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
Six String wrote:After five years of living in this house alone I am recohabitating with Rebecca at her place. Movers come tomorrow for the big stuff. I’ve been moving various things for the last week or so. I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

The move went as perfect as could be. Wine, records and art were moved safely. Glad I boxed up the records and let the professionals move them. I have too many records! They have gotten heavier over the years.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 25 Apr 2022, 12:51

Six String wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:

The move went as perfect as could be. Wine, records and art were moved safely. Glad I boxed up the records and let the professionals move them. I have too many records! They have gotten heavier over the years.

Glad it went well!
Money spent on movers is some of the best money I've ever spent.
I learned this lesson when I moved from one third floor apartment to another.
Also, it was August in Houston.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 May 2022, 05:20

We’re at mum’s in Cornwall and I can’t sleep because I’m hoping to see a fox in the garden, and also because there appears to be an albatross circling the house ( but it’s possibly just a plus size seagull )
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 May 2022, 01:28

Another saké production today. Three separate batches, each with a different yeast. I got a lot more hands on this time which is satisfying. Two more stages before we leave it to ferment for six weeks.

Jam session tonight at Two Rivers Cider.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 May 2022, 13:42

I doubt there are many people here who are not in touch with BCB friends by other means but if you are FB averse or whatever you might not know Kid P has just had some major surgery so please do send him several gallons of good thoughts.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 May 2022, 07:27

I am toasted on shrooms tonight. Had an absolute blast. Saw a crack local band that played psych/soul for lack of a better term. Killer version of Eleanor Rigby. Can’t believe I’m even saying that. Ten Foot Dragon are seriously good.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 16 May 2022, 22:08

I had a day off from work today and decided that after I was done a scheduled morning visit to the doc, I was going to make this a real day-off. No cheating and checkng on work e-mails or anything like that. Just do what I damn well please with nothing scheduled.

So, I mostly just vegged. I also went onto that worldwide web thing to have a look around, anywhere but my usual sites (other than Google of course :roll: ). For instance, I spent a bit of time looking up people I could remember from long ago and see if I could find out where they're at. Schoolfriends, old girlfriends, past co-workers....that kind of thing.

One thing that brought me all kinds of fun was when I looked for my own bardname, souphound. Other than links to BCB and the likes, I used to only see this pic of a nice doggie who happened to share my moniker.

That was the last time I did this, maybe 2 years ago. Now? Well, I'm getting all kinds of stuff under that tag.

Cajun spice: Image

A St-Louis souvenir (?): Image

All kinds of other fun stuff too. I'll dig in further later on, if I feel like it. :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 17 May 2022, 00:52

I'm surprised you haven't made "Perfect on just about everything" your new tagline! Admirable restraint.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 17 May 2022, 06:50

souphound wrote: bardname

I like this!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 May 2022, 14:10

Charlie O. wrote:I'm surprised you haven't made "Perfect on just about everything" your new tagline! Admirable restraint.

:D

How very tempting!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 May 2022, 14:11

Positive Passion wrote:

I like this!

Obviously accidental through ommission, but I like it too. :)

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 17 May 2022, 14:42

souphound wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

I like this!

Obviously accidental through ommission, but I like it too. :)

Obviously - but now I feel the need to come up with one.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 May 2022, 06:10

Petula Clark had her own comic strip in "Radio Fun".
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 May 2022, 07:50

I’m in Estonia where I am trying to work out how the invasion of Ukraine has influenced everyday behaviour and interactions in the Russian community. Estonians are basically non confrontational and quiet by nature, and there was never going to be any widespread hurling of bricks through the windows of Russian owned shops etc, but even so, I am surprised at how calm it all seems here. I can’t pretend to understand the nuances of social politics here but that’s been my distinct impression.

Having said that, every shop - well, I would say 95% of shops, bars and restaurants on entry have Ukrainian flags either in the windows or hanging on poles and information about how to donate widely advertised. The government building has Ukrainian flags flying alongside the Estonian flags and some monuments have been painted blue and yellow.

I have been sat listening to Estonian and Russian friends and colleagues chatting happily. I don’t know what I expected - people being shunned in public - but any Russian living here is certainly aware of what Estonia thinks of it all. It does seem that Estonians can happily separate a Russian from their leaders.

I’m on a train right now to Tartu in south Estonia, a journey that takes you through the woodland that was home to many who hid in the woods during the war and for years afterwards. It feels surreal given the current circumstances. It is, however, a beautiful day and the green is radiant.

Dr Markus wrote:

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 25 May 2022, 08:35

My daughter gets married on Saturday so am picking my Mum up from Dorset this evening.

She has some cuttings to plant in our garden and is bringing her gardening gloves and boots.

She's 89. :D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 May 2022, 08:38

Having said all the above, yesterday I went to the KUMU art gallery and had an exhibit attendant cross the floor at a speed she didn’t look capable of to tell me not to use my flash. I wasn’t using my flash, but also didn’t know the word for flash, so I couldn’t tell her I wasn’t and did it by gesture which went down like a lead balloon. She was a older lady - I would say nearly 80- and she had a Ukrainian flag ribbon on her uniform. As did all the attendants, actually.

The reason I mention this is because also in the gallery was a Russian speaking teacher with a group of kids, discussing the art - pretty loudly- in Russian. Whilst younger visitors smiled at her as she passed the no-flash attendant stood against the wall with her lips pursed in fury and disgust just glaring at this teacher. Of course, the older lady will have lived through some tough times and remembers it all in a way the younger generation won’t. As I left that floor I realised the teacher was on her way upstairs to the exhibition on Estonian art during the time of Soviet occupation. I have spent a long time in that gallery, the information panels don’t pull any punches! I would love to have been a fly on the wall when she got up there. I hope she doesn’t fucking use her flash!

Dr Markus wrote:

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 27 May 2022, 17:30

Lord Rother wrote:My daughter gets married on Saturday so am picking my Mum up from Dorset this evening.

She has some cuttings to plant in our garden and is bringing her gardening gloves and boots.

Make sure she works hard…

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 May 2022, 17:59

Positive Passion wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:My daughter gets married on Saturday so am picking my Mum up from Dorset this evening.

Make sure she works hard…

I'm sure she is planning on securing those generational roots.

Return to “Nextdoorland”