MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hightea

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hightea » 19 Jan 2022, 15:30

souphound wrote:
Hightea wrote:where do you live souphound? been cold here to but not that bad. although later this week they are talking single digits F again with wind chills in the -10 F range

Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Actually, we'd been pretty much spared so far compared to either coast. It was the first real snowstorm we received yet and it ad only been that cold once before, a couple of weeks ago.

Love Montreal although haven't been in about 10 years. In the 90's went there every other year (summer obviously) although I did do the winter carnival in Quebec one year. Mighty cold winters I lived in Maine for a bunch of years and even here in Northern Westchester is too cold for me anymore.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Jan 2022, 17:02

Ah yes, le Carnaval. Big party. Usually with lots of caribou (I've never had any nor will I ever!).

Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Jan 2022, 06:06

I played guitar at open mic and then played snare drum with brushes on an all Jorma Kaukonen set of a friend. It was off the cuff. I asked Devon if he wanted drums on his set (not knowing what he was doing) and he said yes. We’re going to practice on Sunday to work up a set. I’m exploding.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 21 Jan 2022, 14:30

Six String wrote:I played guitar at open mic and then played snare drum with brushes on an all Jorma Kaukonen set of a friend. It was off the cuff. I asked Devon if he wanted drums on his set (not knowing what he was doing) and he said yes. We’re going to practice on Sunday to work up a set. I’m exploding.

Excellent!

It's reasonably cold here (after record heat in December), so I'm indulging my taste for lapsang souchong, dark beer, and, perhaps, whisky of Islay.
Gotta snag these opportunities when they come!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Jan 2022, 16:15

der Freiherr wrote:
Six String wrote:I played guitar at open mic and then played snare drum with brushes on an all Jorma Kaukonen set of a friend. It was off the cuff. I asked Devon if he wanted drums on his set (not knowing what he was doing) and he said yes. We’re going to practice on Sunday to work up a set. I’m exploding.

Excellent!

It's reasonably cold here (after record heat in December), so I'm indulging my taste for lapsang souchong, dark beer, and, perhaps, whisky of Islay.

It’s only 10am!!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 21 Jan 2022, 16:21

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
der Freiherr wrote:

Excellent!

It’s only 10am!!

:lol: :lol: NIce way to start off a cold Friday morning!!!

Been at the office for about 1 hr and my feet are still feeling the cold! was a nice balmy 5 F this morning and only at 11 F now (wind chill -4)

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 21 Jan 2022, 16:29

^
I put my boots (soles up) on the hall radiator for about an hour or more before I leave home
Last edited by Samoan on 21 Jan 2022, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 21 Jan 2022, 16:31

Holy cow. It's an arctic 34F in Tomball TX and we're having a hard time taking it. Luckily the sun is out so it will probably warm up a bit later on. Working from the house, will take the dogs for a walk later on, then grocery shopping, cooking, drinking. Can't get more random that this. Wife's still down with COVID so I'll sleep in my comfy TV chair again tonight. Divisional play-offs this weekend. Hope for the Titans, Packers, Rams and Bills to win. I don't really care that much about which teams go through as long as this weekend is the last time Tom Brady suits up.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Jan 2022, 16:43

Yup. I’m wearing TWO LAYERS!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 21 Jan 2022, 19:46

Amateurs

:lol:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 21 Jan 2022, 22:22

Look Soup, tomorrow morning at 7AM it will be 28 degrees here. We Texans have very thin blood and even thinner clothes. From 1983 until 2004 I lived in Singapore where' it's always warm. Moved to The Netherlands and lived there for about 2 years. Couldn't stand it! grey skies and temps below 15 celsius, It was unbearable and very depressing. As soon as there was an opportunity to move to a warmer climate I had to take it. I like Texas weather although July and August are a bit tough, especially when I have to do chores like fixing fences destroyed by horses or pigs and it's a 105 in the shade. Apart from that summer heat, hurricanes, Gregg Abott, the 610 loop, Dan Patrick, Ken Paxton, crime, floods and people that work in feed stores (the rudest breed of humans, by a mile) I love Texas.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 21 Jan 2022, 23:25

Oh, I totally understand. I just like to joke about it. My oldest sister moved to California years ago at least in part to get away from this nonsense. And lots of places have it way worse than we have here. Nobody likes extremes. I do like some variety though. One thing that cold winters do, for me at least, is greatly appreciate the Spring when it comes. When you can go out without those awful boots. When you no longer have to carry warm gloves around. When you can just sit on the balcony comfortably and listen to the birds chirp away.

In the long run, as long as you know what you can expect, then you can get ready for it. I'm sure you agree that it is the unexpected, the abnormal, especially at either end of the scales, that is a real problem. As you note, why would you get ready for such cold temps in Texas? That's no fun at all. I know I would be totally miserable if I had to face your Summers.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 22 Jan 2022, 15:21

You're right about one thing: first day of real spring. In Holland there was nothing better than that first day (used to be early May, now it's more like early April) that the sun is out and one can enjoy a nice glass of Rose on a terrace. Seasons are good. I missed them in Singapore. It's hard to remember when stuff happened because weather is a good reference point. Texas has 2 seasons. Hot and not.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Jan 2022, 16:23

Our welcoming attitude towards wildlife has prompted racoons to start using our back porch as a latrine. Once established, they are a devil to get rid of, so I have nipped it in the bud by spreading tarpaulin (which they don't like walking on) and spraying garlic juice everywhere. They also dislike changes of routine, so I have moved things around and may have a piss on the back porch later which they also don't like. It's not the future I anticipated for myself, pissing on the back porch and rearranging cacti to confuse mammals, but here we are.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Jan 2022, 16:30

It’s 10:28am here and I can’t stop thinking about crisps. Huge bags of ready salted - crinkle cut maybe- and a cup of tea to swill ‘em down.
Hail crisps!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Jan 2022, 16:30

Or Smokey bacon.
Or cheese and onion.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Feb 2022, 00:22

I got to observe and participate in the canning of Two Rivers Yuzu cider today. It’s the only part of the process I had not seen. Fascinating watching the mechanics of the machinery and to be involved in the rhythm of the entire process.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 04 Feb 2022, 13:28

Minnie Cheddars wrote:It’s 10:28am here and I can’t stop thinking about crisps. Huge bags of ready salted - crinkle cut maybe- and a cup of tea to swill ‘em down.
Hail crisps!

Crisps and tea!?

Madness.

Crisps and beer.
Bugger off.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Feb 2022, 13:38

Dry February, dear!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Feb 2022, 13:40

In freezing temperatures last night raccoons hid out in our chimney so this morning I’ve had to clap my hands in the fireplace and say whatever it is you say to raccoons to make them leave.

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”